Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:33 am
Original Poster

BofA Premium Rewards card

its live
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Yep... and an underwhelming "Meh"

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...22680~35~en_US

Wish BofA had upper the AF to $150 and included Priority Pass, would have gotten me to sign up.
CashRevert likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:15 pm

It definitely won't replace my CSR but I'll take $500 for free. I need to pay the global entry fee for my daughter so the AF is essentially a wash.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:04 pm

I already use BoA TravelRewards as my main card when purchasing anything from categories that my other cards don't earn a higher bonus on, so I wouldn't mind adding another card with the same benefits that earns even more points for travel and dining. My problem is that it's going be hard for me to offset the $95 annual fee. According to the fine print, the $100 airline incidental credit seems to only apply to domestic airlines. Most of my travel these days are on international airlines. Also, the TSA Pre Check and Global Entry reimbursement is useless for me, because all of my family members have NEXUS, which includes TSA PreCheck and Global Entry, yet none of the Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards seem to allow reimbursement for NEXUS.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by PLin
I already use BoA TravelRewards as my main card when purchasing anything from categories that my other cards don't earn a higher bonus on, so I wouldn't mind adding another card with the same benefits that earns even more points for travel and dining. My problem is that it's going be hard for me to offset the $95 annual fee. According to the fine print, the $100 airline incidental credit seems to only apply to domestic airlines. Most of my travel these days are on international airlines. Also, the TSA Pre Check and Global Entry reimbursement is useless for me, because all of my family members have NEXUS, which includes TSA PreCheck and Global Entry, yet none of the Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards seem to allow reimbursement for NEXUS.
It's $95 a year, give me a break.

It's not like you're dropping $550 like with the AMEX Platinum.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
It's $95 a year, give me a break.

It's not like you're dropping $550 like with the AMEX Platinum.
I agree that $95 isn't a lot, but if I can't take advantage of any of the restrictive statement credits, then a lot of other cards out there make more sense. Even the CSR makes more sense at $150 ($450 - $300 travel statement credit), since you get Priority Pass and essentially 4.5% on travel and dining when redeemed through the Chase website vs. 3.5% on the BoA card if you're Platinum Honors.

Even the CSP at $95 seems like a better deal, especially since you get 1:1 point transfer to various partners.

I currently have the US Bank Altitude Reserve, which is $75 ($400 - $325 travel statement credit) and includes Priority Pass. It doesn't give any bonuses for dining, but I currently use that card for all of my airline, hotel, and mobile wallet purchases, since you get 4.5% towards travel purchases when redeemed through their website.

If BoA opened up their airline incidental credit to include international airlines or other travel expenses, I would definitely apply for it just to reduce the number of cards I have to carry.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA G
I wonder if adding $100 to the UA Travel Bank would count as an incidental transaction...
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:26 am

Is it metal?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Need
Is it metal?
I doubt it lol
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Need
Is it metal?
I hope not.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Is it possible to earn this bonus more than once? I briefly read the terms and didn't see a restriction.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ralphs
Is it possible to earn this bonus more than once? I briefly read the terms and didn't see a restriction.
Actually it says you won't get bonus if you had card 24 months ago
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
Actually it says you won't get bonus if you had card 24 months ago
Really? I dont remember seeing that in the terms and conditions.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PLin
Really? I dont remember seeing that in the terms and conditions.
It's there.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
It's there.
Ah, I was looking in the area about the bonus. I guess thats even more strict if they wont even approve you for the card if youve had the card before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.