FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
Print Wikipost

BofA Premium Rewards card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PLin
Ah, I was looking in the area about the bonus. I guess that’s even more strict if they won’t even approve you for the card if you’ve had the card before.
I'm sure no one had the car before. They probably after people who try to churn it
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:42 pm
Suspended

I already use BoA TravelRewards as my main card when purchasing anything from categories that my other cards don't earn a higher bonus on, so I wouldn't mind adding another card with the same benefits that earns even more points for travel and dining. My problem is that it's going be hard for me to offset the $95 annual fee. According to the fine print, the $100 airline incidental credit seems to only apply to domestic airlines. Most of my travel these days are on international airlines. Also, the TSA Pre Check and Global Entry reimbursement is useless for me, because all of my family members have NEXUS, which includes TSA PreCheck and Global Entry, yet none of the Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards seem to allow reimbursement for NEXUS.
I really want to know if there is a way around having to use the incidental travel credit of $100 a year for incidentals. I'd love to see some DPs. I know the T&C specifically say you can't use it for gift cards from the airlines, but there's gotta be another way! I'm thinking of the MPE gift card hack with the WF Propel for example (before they shut it down)
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by starkiss69
I really want to know if there is a way around having to use the incidental travel credit of $100 a year for incidentals. I'd love to see some DPs. I know the T&C specifically say you can't use it for gift cards from the airlines, but there's gotta be another way! I'm thinking of the MPE gift card hack with the WF Propel for example (before they shut it down)
If I had to guess, gift cards will be fine as long as the dollar amount is low enough to make it look like an incidental expense. If you spend $25 on Delta, I highly doubt BoA can tell if it was for a gift card vs. a baggage fee or a seat upgrade.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

If I had to guess, gift cards will be fine as long as the dollar amount is low enough to make it look like an incidental expense. If you spend $25 on Delta, I highly doubt BoA can tell if it was for a gift card vs. a baggage fee or a seat upgrade.

I wonder if united gift registry would work. It worked PRG
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:28 am
Suspended

My card should be here in a few days. I'll try to be the DP if there aren't any by that time. Wish me luck.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:37 am
Original Poster

My wife got approved with 21k limit. She's has request link for credit line increase from day 1. She also has that link for her BofA travel card. Should pull the trigger on both? Will it be one pull for both requests?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

BofA Premium Rewards card

I think it's time to have a new thread for this card. Maybe share data points of what counts as incidental credit towards the $100 credit. Here's the link for card.

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:54 pm

FYI regarding using this card for BOA Travel Center.

With the BOA Travel Rewards, you would get +1.5% bonus points by booking via Travel Center. However, you do not get that with the new Premium Rewards card. So, using Travel Rewards card for booking flights is potential better ~4.1% vs 3.5%.

The BOA CS agent also confirmed it, and stated to use the TR card for flights only.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dinkoh
FYI regarding using this card for BOA Travel Center.

With the BOA Travel Rewards, you would get +1.5% bonus points by booking via Travel Center. However, you do not get that with the new Premium Rewards card. So, using Travel Rewards card for booking flights is potential better ~4.1% vs 3.5%.

The BOA CS agent also confirmed it, and stated to use the TR card for flights only.
Now question is if the 0.6% difference worth it or not. Since the BofA Premium card has travel insurance and the BofA travel card doesn't.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:29 pm

Great point. Didn't think about that since I haven't had a reason to.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
Now question is if the 0.6% difference worth it or not. Since the BofA Premium card has travel insurance and the BofA travel card doesn't.
For the few international tickets I've searched for on the BoA Travel Center in the past few years, the prices were $10-15 higher, which negated the extra points.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Has anyone tried going over their credit limit and/or cycling the CL on this card yet?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
This card has replaced the USAA card for non-bonus spend. I'd say it's worth getting if you are a Plat Honors client as it's essentially a 2.6% cashback card for all purchases and 3.5% back on dining/travel. I think it'll also replace the CSR for me, since I'd rather pay for my Platinum card than the CSR.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Any DPs with getting the travel credit? Can someone try united gift registry if the 100 credit kicks in
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by trikotret
... Can someone try united gift registry if the 100 credit kicks in
We’re sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. Please check back at a later date.
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...tRegistry.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.