Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

How to tell if your Experian credit report is frozen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

I froze my Experian credit report a long time ago, but due to my senile age I cannot remember for the life of me if I had removed the freeze. Is there a way to confirm somehow short of actually applying for credit?

My credit.com profile doesn't update for another two weeks, I want to confirm ASAP in order to catch Merill+ before it goes away. Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by jwgmaldives
Is there a way to confirm somehow short of actually applying for credit?
Try to get an actual credit report.

If your credit file has been frozen, you should not be able to obtain the report. Instead, Experian's website will provide a form-typed page telling you to mail the document in for the report.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by jwgmaldives
I froze my Experian credit report a long time ago, but due to my senile age I cannot remember for the life of me if I had removed the freeze. Is there a way to confirm somehow short of actually applying for credit?

My credit.com profile doesn't update for another two weeks, I want to confirm ASAP in order to catch Merill+ before it goes away. Thanks!
Try to open a CreditKarma.com account. If your credit is frozen, they'll tell you it's frozen as a way of explaining why they cannot open your account.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:19 pm

Sam Billo

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Try to open a CreditKarma.com account. If your credit is frozen, they'll tell you it's frozen as a way of explaining why they cannot open your account.
Sorry credit karma does not provide you with your Experain credit report. you can receive your free Experain credit report at www.freecreditreport.com
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by sambillo
Sorry credit karma does not provide you with your Experain credit report. you can receive your free Experain credit report at www.freecreditreport.com
Read the following before you attempt to use this link:

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/pres...es-ftc-charges

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.