Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

What is the most credit cards opened in a single day by one person?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:07 am
Original Poster

I've tried googling but have not found any stories.

Any anecdotal evidence here? Would love to hear these stories.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why do ask?

The reason I ask that is because it was more possible to get a big number in the past than it is today. For example, it used to be that if you applied for card A today, the pull wouldn't show up on credit bureaus until tomorrow, so you could apply for card B a few minutes or hours later and know that it would not show the extra pull from card B. And repeat for card C, card D, etc. That was typically called an App-O-Rama (or AOR for short, but keep in mind that in other contexts AOR has other meanings, like a radio format!).

But these days pulls show up pretty instantly, so this trick is no longer possible. Thus there's no longer much advantage to applying for lots of cards in the same day.

Also, many banks that used to allow applying for multiple cards on the same day (and processing them on the same day) no longer do. So again for that reason, there's no longer much points in applying on the same day.

So if you just want it for historical curiosity, great, but if you want to know what's repeatable, only datapoints that are recent would help for that.

Search FT for "App-O-Rama" and/or "AOR" (you might need to put in quotes) and you'll find plenty of individual reports from the past.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 4:40 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch

So if you just want it for historical curiosity, great, but if you want to know what's repeatable, only datapoints that are recent would help for that.

Search FT for "App-O-Rama" and/or "AOR" (you might need to put in quotes) and you'll find plenty of individual reports from the past.
FT is not easily searchable, so here is the "current" App-O-Rama thread.

Reason for quotation marks is exactly what sdsearch posted, it no longer works.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:16 pm

In January, I applied for 8 and was approved for 5. Before that, I applied for 5 and was approved for 4. Each round of applications follows a similar pattern for me, generally speaking. Within the past week, I have applied for two and approved for one. I am sure that I could get a approved for more, but there are no very attractive offers to me and/or I would have difficulty making the minimum spends, so must hold off. For interest, I hold 6 current cards...with the one approved on the way. I usually have 6-8 cards at any one time.

In my opinion, approvals are getting harder, bonuses are decreasing, minimum spends are going up...or some combination of those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.