Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 9:38 pm

Travel Credit

How long does it take for the travel credit to post in year two? I'm keeping the card open for second year due to retention bonus. Booked airfare on B6 and just wondering how long after airfare posts for the $325 travel credit to post? TIA!
Old May 22, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by invisible
Thanks for informative answers. So I did go ahead and opened both MM and Checking accounts. Afterwards I called the 800 number and confirmed that as long as I have $25000 in my MM savings account, then there will be no account maintenance fees and my MM account will have 2.25% APY. Interest will be credited quarterly.

I already sent two ACH transfers to start funding the account and will wait until they appear in the account. Then I will send remaining funds to get the account to $25K. After that, will wait for a week and apply to AR card. By this time about 10 should be passed from the account opening and it should have $25K in MM and several hundreds in Checking accounts.

Does above approach make sense?

P.S. One unexpected problem - US Bank does not accept Google Voice as a mobile phone number despite the fact that I received messages on it during to account opening.
I am currently overseas, but plan to be in US in mid-June. Is there any way/workaround with above restriction? If I put temporarily real cell number to activate it, can I switch it back to Google Voice afterwards?
If no, is there any SIM available which I can use overseas and won't be bankrupted by roaming SMS charges?
I was able to use Google voice for redeeming via RTR.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by mmax1
Received 10000 retention points - just requested something, did not have to threaten to cancel.
What did you tell them in order to get the retention?
Old May 24, 2019, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by wtg_miro
Thanks for this. AF hit recently, called in for any retention offers and receive the same 10k points.
I just called in and was told that the system would not allow them to give me more than a 5k retention bonus. I was not connected to a retention dept.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Originally Posted by joejoe2
I just called in and was told that the system would not allow them to give me more than a 5k retention bonus. I was not connected to a retention dept.
this has been my experience as well.

ask for a manager and they should be able to award you a higher amount of points.
joejoe2 and akr1970akr like this.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Second year I was able to get 10K bonus points. I called in last week and asked if there were any offers available. CSR offered me 10K for which I thanked him. Points posted when my statement closed.
Old May 25, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: Kettle Class
A Real-Time Rewards datapoint: 'gifting' Lyft credit (even to yourself) from within the Lyft mobile app, triggers the redemption and thus Lyft gift cards can be redeemed against at 1.5c per point.

UPDATE: Additional counter-datapoint - I was not offered anything by retention to keep the card into year 3, with circa 8k spend, of which virtually all was organic mobile spend and travel. I'm not sure if I care enough to HUCA.
LHG likes this.

Last edited by progapanda; May 26, 2019 at 1:25 pm
Old May 25, 2019, 1:22 pm
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
I called in for retention and was offered 10,000 points by CSR and accepted. Annual fee posted this month.
Old May 25, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
If the Annual fee posted, is it too late to cancel for refund?
Old May 26, 2019, 11:35 am

I've got only 5000 points, and accepted. This breaks even on the AF. Love the card.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yugi
I've got only 5000 points, and accepted. This breaks even on the AF. Love the card.
Is there any "better" time to call to get a bigger retention bonus? I kind of need 10,000 points to make it worth my while.

I've just been using the card for the travel category bonus, and since I rent a lot of cars in the USA, I do like the primary car rental insurance coverage. But to make the card truly worthwhile, I think I'd have to start using the mobile wallet feature, particularly for some manufactured spending. Is there any guide to doing so? I've only used cell phone payment methods a few times, like when Chase has had some good promos. It still seems like a bit of a hassle to me, but everyone has their price. What stores have folks been hitting up for this benefit? Like do the Albertsons/Safeway stores accept mobile payments? And I think I'd have to use Google Pay, because I use a non-Samsung android phone.

Last edited by iahphx; May 27, 2019 at 7:24 am
Old May 27, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
Is there any "better" time to call to get a bigger retention bonus? I kind of need 10,000 points to make it worth my while.

I've just been using the card for the travel category bonus, and since I rent a lot of cars in the USA, I do like the primary car rental insurance coverage. But to make the card truly worthwhile, I think I'd have to start using the mobile wallet feature, particularly for some manufactured spending. Is there any guide to doing so? I've only used cell phone payment methods a few times, like when Chase has had some good promos. It still seems like a bit of a hassle to me, but everyone has their price. What stores have folks been hitting up for this benefit? Like do the Albertsons/Safeway stores accept mobile payments? And I think I'd have to use Google Pay, because I use a non-Samsung android phone.
i’d caution using the Altitude Reserve for MS using mobile pay. USB is known to shut down accounts very quickly if buying giftcards with mobile wallet.
Old May 27, 2019, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
My guess the refund would be prorated. So you should get a full refund.
Old May 27, 2019, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by livestrongforever
I called in and was told you have 60 days from AF posting to cancel w/ full refund.
Old May 27, 2019, 11:47 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by yugi
I was able to use Google voice for redeeming via RTR.
But were you able to enter the phone on your profile on site or on mobile app? It did not allow me to do so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.