Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:46 pm

Lmao just tried to activate my us bank altitude card and my account has a block already due to having my card sent to a ups my choice location. I'll get to speak with Keith tomorrow 😂
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by briang191
Lmao just tried to activate my us bank altitude card and my account has a block already due to having my card sent to a ups my choice location. I'll get to speak with Keith tomorrow 😂
This happened to me and it was a mess. Even if they are able to activate the card you received I would have them just issue you a new one with a new number. They were able to activate my original one after the block, but then I couldn't add it to any digital wallet. After a lot of "investigation" on their part, I figured that the initial block was the issue and asked them to reissue. After that, the problem was solved...I did have to work from home to get the new card though :/
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by halamadrid
This happened to me and it was a mess. Even if they are able to activate the card you received I would have them just issue you a new one with a new number. They were able to activate my original one after the block, but then I couldn't add it to any digital wallet. After a lot of "investigation" on their part, I figured that the initial block was the issue and asked them to reissue. After that, the problem was solved...I did have to work from home to get the new card though :/
Exact same thing happened to me . Management stated they only saw this issue happen once before.

After 2 days of calling support a new card was issued. Due to my job and where I live the card will be sent to a ups mychoice location.

I spoke to investigations and they said a block would not be put on the replacement card.

Only saving grace from us bank is the 15k points I received for the inconvenience. I plan on asking for more points once the AF is due next year.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I went to book a flight on the travel portal and I was about 7 points short. I called customer service and they told me it would $90 per 3000 points. I don't mind paying .03/point but requiring that I purchase in increments of 3000 is ridiculous.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelBlerd
I went to book a flight on the travel portal and I was about 7 points short. I called customer service and they told me it would $90 per 3000 points. I don't mind paying .03/point but requiring that I purchase in increments of 3000 is ridiculous.
Ugh. Sorry to hear.

Related: I'm considering applying. My understanding is that with the new Real Time Moble rewards, one never need use their portal, right? So why use it, as opposed to just booking something direct?

And specifically, can any verify that Real Time redemptions works fine on Alaska Airline's website? TIA!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I'm trying to use the remaining points because I'm going to close the account soon and I rather not put any more additional spend on the card.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:30 am

For those of you going for the travel credit double dip. We waited till the AF posted, then made a travel purchase, travel credit posted 5 days later. Cancelled the card on day 6. AF was refunded on day 7.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Here's my data point, and questions about delivery and attached checking accounts:

-Applied last Wednesday night, deferred. Left email for notification of status.
-Called in Thursday morning, phone lined said approved, no CL listed.
-Friday morning card showed in online profile, $25K CL (have several >= $50 CLs reporting, 800+ scores).
-As of today (Sunday night), still no emailed status update or shipping notification. Not sure why they ask for an email if they aren't planning to use it?
-Emailed to inquire about the checking account fee waiver that comes with this and other consumer cards. Reply next day said yes, but i need to actually (a) activate the card, then (b) upgrade checking from the $7 to the $13 gold account for the fee waiver to apply. (This seems odd...can anyone else confirm?)

DOC and others have said this card gets sent express delivery by default. Have they stopped doing that? I ask only because I have some travel expenses in the next few days and would like to asses whether I should wait or not (and risk price changes). TIA.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by DaveH
Here's my data point, and questions about delivery and attached checking accounts:

-Applied last Wednesday night, deferred. Left email for notification of status.
-Called in Thursday morning, phone lined said approved, no CL listed.
-Friday morning card showed in online profile, $25K CL (have several >= $50 CLs reporting, 800+ scores).
-As of today (Sunday night), still no emailed status update or shipping notification. Not sure why they ask for an email if they aren't planning to use it?
-Emailed to inquire about the checking account fee waiver that comes with this and other consumer cards. Reply next day said yes, but i need to actually (a) activate the card, then (b) upgrade checking from the $7 to the $13 gold account for the fee waiver to apply. (This seems odd...can anyone else confirm?)

DOC and others have said this card gets sent express delivery by default. Have they stopped doing that? I ask only because I have some travel expenses in the next few days and would like to asses whether I should wait or not (and risk price changes). TIA.
card gets shipped ups 2 day air. Don't reroute the package to a ups my choice location. I applied in branch approved same day.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 11:21 pm

Thanks briang191. I'd read not to have it sent to a UPS box, instead had it sent to my residence. Odd no notification yet...
Old Jul 29, 2018, 11:29 pm

Thanks briang191. I'd read not to have it sent to a UPS box, instead had it sent to my residence. Odd no notification yet...
if you have ups mychoice the tracking number should be loaded to your account.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:01 am

Right briang191. Checked that, and nothing yet, through this AM. Checked USBank.com and the card shows up there. Strange.

ETA: Called in this AM. They transferred me to the Altitude dept, who gave me a tracking number showing it had been mailed out the 27th and was due to arrive today.

No idea why USB never emailed it to me, or why it didn't show in myups.

Last edited by DaveH; Jul 30, 2018 at 9:36 am Reason: update
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:07 pm

Does this card give AU's a different card number, or keep the primary's same one? TIA
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:49 pm
Etp

Does this card give AU's a different card number, or keep the primary's same one? TIA
All US Bank CCs use the same number for AU.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I would like to get some DPs regarding approvals and denials based on credit cards opened. For those who got denied, how far back did they check your # of new accounts opened? 12 or 24 months? I saw one who got 6 cards recently and was denied. This is 1 DP.

I just want to gauge how long I should wait before applying for this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.