Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by progapanda
flyingbrick, thanks very much for that data point. In addition to PLin's question, may I also ask if you had activated RT Rewards and selected Airlines as a spend category for which you wanted to use RT Rewards?
QR. Non-USA origin to USA destination. Booked from QR website.

I have successfully used real-time rewards on other airline tix, Definitely not a personal setup issue. The system excluded it, and customer service says that it did so correctly because it is not on the approved list of airlines.

Unless I am an anomaly, this is nowhere near the benefit it is being puffed out as.
progapanda likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by progapanda
flyingbrick, thanks very much for that data point. In addition to PLin's question, may I also ask if you had activated RT Rewards and selected Airlines as a spend category for which you wanted to use RT Rewards?
Do you have enough points to cover the purchase?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
Do you have enough points to cover the purchase?
Yes
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by flyingbrick
QR. Non-USA origin to USA destination. Booked from QR website.
Usually you’re charged the currency of the departure country. Maybe international airlines will work if you depart from a US city, and the transaction is in US Dollars.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by PLin

Usually you’re charged the currency of the departure country. Maybe international airlines will work if you depart from a US city, and the transaction is in US Dollars.
Maybe. A reasonable guess, but not consistent with US Bank "published" terms. Also not consistent with what Flexperks customer service believes. I guess we just need to wait until someone collects enough data points to figure out what is actually implemented. In the meantime, be warned that it appears the vast majority of the world's airline tickets will not work. Maybe similar restrictions on hotel rooms and car rentals?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:15 am

I live in NJ and am not a US Bank customer. I have had Club Carlson cards in the past which have been closed. Is there any chance of getting approved for this? Or will US Bank deny me since I dont have any accounts with them?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: SPG, HH, IHG, BA, DL
Originally Posted by bobby21
I live in NJ and am not a US Bank customer. I have had Club Carlson cards in the past which have been closed. Is there any chance of getting approved for this? Or will US Bank deny me since I dont have any accounts with them?
I think you have to have a current account with them - I have their Flex Perks travel Visa and just received in the mail a targeted offer for the Altitude Reserve.

From their site: The U.S. Bank Altitude™ Reserve Visa Infinite® Card is offered to U.S. Bank customers who have an eligible U.S. Bank account relationship open and active a minimum of 5 business days prior to submitting an application. An eligible U.S. Bank account relationship is defined as: Checking or Savings account, Certificate of Deposit, Mortgage, Home Equity Loan, Home Equity Line of Credit, Auto/Boat/RV Loan, Personal and Small Business Loans and Lines, Commercial Loan & Lease, Premier Lines, Private Banking account or U.S. Bank credit card. If you have questions regarding eligibility status, please speak with your banker.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:24 pm

Thanks maybe I will get the flex perks card then.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:03 am

I booked a trip on Lufthansa a few months ago, and I called last night to make a date change to my return trip, which required me to pay a change fee as well as a change in fare for the 4 passengers on the itinerary. There was only a 1 cent authorization last night, but this afternoon they must have processed the change and authorized $571.52. The authorization caused me to receive a Real-Time Mobile Rewards text asking if I wanted to redeem 38,101 points. I happily replied REDEEM, and a pending credit of $571.52 showed up on my account.

This shows that Real-Time Mobile Rewards does in fact work for at least some international airlines. I'm leaving from Toronto, and none of the cities I'm flying to/from are in the US, but I was dealing with their US/Canada office, and as far as I know, the original transaction and the change fee was processed in US Dollars, so maybe the currency or office location does make a difference to trigger the text message for international airlines.

UPDATE: The credit posted even before the actual charge from the airline posted, which makes me wonder what happens if an airline or hotel or car rental company does an authorization but then doesn't end up capturing the same dollar amount. It will also be interesting to see what happens if you end up having to get a refund for some reason after you have already redeemed points for a credit against the original charge.

UPDATE 2: My statement posted, and I still received 3x points for the purchase even though I received a credit from using the points. Also, when the Lufthansa charge posted, it broke up all the charges by passenger, so there were 8 line items... change fees for all 4 passengers and the change in fare for all 4 passengers. The place of transaction said "NEW YORK NY", so maybe that's why I was able to redeem against an international airline purchase.
progapanda likes this.

Last edited by PLin; Mar 18, 2018 at 7:22 am
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:52 am

I got multiple Real-Time Mobile Rewards texts. If I reply redeem, would it let me select which one? Or only the last one?

Also does redeeming negate your initial spending amount for the bonus? I transferred some points from my flexperk account.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by tazdmb
My card was just shut down also, I called they said "suspicious activity" regarding CVS and using to bypass cash advance fees. I got the 4,500 spend in but wonder if i will ever get a single point.
My card was just shut down also. Got a letter in the mail. Something about spending on the wrong kinds of products or something........ I guess the giftcards.com was too obvious!

Wish I had read this thread first. I'm usually smarter than this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by guear
I got multiple Real-Time Mobile Rewards texts. If I reply redeem, would it let me select which one? Or only the last one?

Also does redeeming negate your initial spending amount for the bonus? I transferred some points from my flexperk account.
I believe you can only redeem against the last text message, which is a bit concerning, because if you buy plane tickets for multiple passengers, because sometimes I've seen those come through as separate transactions at the same time.

I'm not sure if a redemption will affect the bonus. Personally, I wouldn't risk it unless you know for sure that you'll still qualify for the bonus from other purchases in the next few months.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
WN award fees worked fine. Received SMS after few minutes and responded to it. Pending credit appeared right away.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:28 am

Does one need to have enough points to cover the full charge, or can you still process the redemption if you only have points to cover part of the transaction? For example, hotel charge = $300 and you have 10K points which is $125 worth in travel; will it allow you to redeem for the $125 against the $300 charge in that scenario?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by halamadrid
Does one need to have enough points to cover the full charge, or can you still process the redemption if you only have points to cover part of the transaction? For example, hotel charge = $300 and you have 10K points which is $125 worth in travel; will it allow you to redeem for the $125 against the $300 charge in that scenario?
I don't think so. I usually reach an amount and redeem. Once that happens, I notice that I don't get the texts again until I accrue enough points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.