Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:46 am

Got a mailer a few days ago that you can now redeem points towards travel purchases using Real-Time Mobile Rewards. I never utilized Real-Time Mobile Rewards, because you were basically only getting a $1 statement credit for every 100 points redeemed. However, it looks like they are now offering the same 1.5x bonus as their booking site when redeemed this way. You still have to book directly with airlines, hotels, and car rental companies, so purchases through travel agents may not qualify. The example they give is redeeming 25,000 points to cover a $375 airline ticket charged to your card. If this works like the mailer implies, we can finally redeem points at the highest rate without using the horrible booking site. It's not clear whether you'll still receive the 3x points on these travel purchases, but if not, it's not a big deal, since you didn't earn points using their booking site anyway.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by PLin
Got a mailer a few days ago that you can now redeem points towards travel purchases using Real-Time Mobile Rewards. I never utilized Real-Time Mobile Rewards, because you were basically only getting a $1 statement credit for every 100 points redeemed. However, it looks like they are now offering the same 1.5x bonus as their booking site when redeemed this way. You still have to book directly with airlines, hotels, and car rental companies, so purchases through travel agents may not qualify. The example they give is redeeming 25,000 points to cover a $375 airline ticket charged to your card. If this works like the mailer implies, we can finally redeem points at the highest rate without using the horrible booking site. It's not clear whether you'll still receive the 3x points on these travel purchases, but if not, it's not a big deal, since you didn't earn points using their booking site anyway.
It’s important to note that for redemptions towards Car Rental purchases, the minimum purchase is $250, and for Lodging purchases it is $500.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by aviationwiz
It’s important to note that for redemptions towards Car Rental purchases, the minimum purchase is $250, and for Lodging purchases it is $500.
The fine print specifically says "Minimum purchase amount for Car Rental is preset at $250.00. Minimum purchase amount for Lodging is preset at $500.00." I'm hoping that "preset" implies that you can change it on the Real-Time Mobile Rewards page like you can for other categories. If $250 and $500 were really the minimum dollar amounts for those categories, adding the "preset" part wouldn't have been needed. I logged in and set my minimum to $100 and checked off all the travel categories. I guess I'll see what happens next time I book something.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:56 pm

The fine print specifically says "Minimum purchase amount for Car Rental is preset at $250.00. Minimum purchase amount for Lodging is preset at $500.00." I'm hoping that "preset" implies that you can change it on the Real-Time Mobile Rewards page like you can for other categories. If $250 and $500 were really the minimum dollar amounts for those categories, adding the "preset" part wouldn't have been needed. I logged in and set my minimum to $100 and checked off all the travel categories. I guess I'll see what happens next time I book something.
The wording says that the settings for car and lodging has the hard coded minimum. OTOH, you never know for sure until you try.

Categories not available for redemption at this time are Gas Stations and Restaurants.Minimum purchase amount for Lodging is pre-set at $500.00. Minimum purchase amount for Car Rental is pre-set at $250.00. All other participating categories will follow the minimum purchase amount selected below.
Purchases below the minimum purchase amount will not be eligible for redemption.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
The wording says that the settings for car and lodging has the hard coded minimum. OTOH, you never know for sure until you try.

Categories not available for redemption at this time are Gas Stations and Restaurants.Minimum purchase amount for Lodging is pre-set at $500.00. Minimum purchase amount for Car Rental is pre-set at $250.00. All other participating categories will follow the minimum purchase amount selected below.
Purchases below the minimum purchase amount will not be eligible for redemption.
Ah, I see that on the website now. I was only reading the fine print on the mailer. I wonder how they decided on those dollar amounts. At least there isn't a minimum for airfare, which is how I plan on redeeming the points I've been banking.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:11 am

I’m interested in applying for this card. The only relationship I have with US Bank is the Club Carlson Business card (couple years ago). I saw a few people in the same situation last year but didn’t see how it turned out in reconsideration. Is my relationship with them enough?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I’m interested in applying for this card. The only relationship I have with US Bank is the Club Carlson Business card (couple years ago). I saw a few people in the same situation last year but didn’t see how it turned out in reconsideration. Is my relationship with them enough?
when I was approved for the Altitude, I had no relationship with them but, like you, had closed a couple of cards a few years previously.

YMMV but worked for me.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW

There is another limitation as well: US merchants only.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by yugi
There is another limitation as well: US merchants only.
Where do you see that it's limited to US merchants? I don't see that mentioned anywhere in the flyer I received by mail or on the website when setting up the Real-Time Rewards options.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by aviationwiz
Where do you see that it's limited to US merchants? I don't see that mentioned anywhere in the flyer I received by mail or on the website when setting up the Real-Time Rewards options.
Real-Time Rewards text messages are available only for transactions with U.S. merchants.
https://www.rtr.myrewardsaccess.com/
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by yugi
Real-Time Rewards text messages are available only for transactions with U.S. merchants.
https://www.rtr.myrewardsaccess.com/
If you go to the Real-Time Rewards Preferences and click on the link to view examples of Airlines, British Airways and Emirates are listed, so International airlines should be included. Maybe you have to purchase the tickets from their US booking departments though, which would be a bummer for me, because I frequently fly out of Toronto.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Altitude reserve now allowing redemption via text

This is pretty cool for those with US Bank cards particularly altitude reserve. You'll get a text after making a travel purchase asking if you want to redeem points in exchange at 1.5 cents per point. Seems to be limited to US merchants though and there are some (possibly customizable) minimum purchase amounts.

US Bank makes Real-Time Mobile Rewards awesome. Are you listening Chase? Amex? Citi? - Frequent Miler
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:58 am

If you go to the Real-Time Rewards Preferences and click on the link to view examples of Airlines, British Airways and Emirates are listed, so International airlines should be included. Maybe you have to purchase the tickets from their US booking departments though, which would be a bummer for me, because I frequently fly out of Toronto.
I booked a ticket on a non-US airline not listed in the examples. Did not get the text. Customer Service is telling me that ONLY the airlines in the example list are included. Inconsistent with "US Only" and even more restricted. Highly unfortunate in either case.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by flyingbrick
I booked a ticket on a non-US airline not listed in the examples. Did not get the text. Customer Service is telling me that ONLY the airlines in the example list are included. Inconsistent with "US Only" and even more restricted. Highly unfortunate in either case.
Which airline was it, and what was the departure airport?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: Kettle Class
flyingbrick, thanks very much for that data point. In addition to PLin's question, may I also ask if you had activated RT Rewards and selected Airlines as a spend category for which you wanted to use RT Rewards?

Which airline was it, and what was the departure airport?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.