Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by HeyCrutch
I used ApplePay in Safari on my iPhone to make a purchase from B&H Photo that did earn 3x points. Interestingly, I'm pretty sure ApplePay wasn't available in Safari on my Mac or via B&H's app, just using Safari in iOS.
Apple Pay has been available in the B&H iOS app for more than 2 years.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: Chase UR, Skymiles, HHonors, SPG
Originally Posted by pdxer
Apple Pay has been available in the B&H iOS app for more than 2 years.
I just tested it again and you are correct AP is available in the app, but I swear when I tried to do it 6 weeks ago it didn't show up. Either way, I definitely earned 3x points on the transaction.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: Elite status at local McDonalds, Carwash, and Post Office
In my post about a week ago I described how I applied for this card and was denied by underwriting for too many new accounts open (6) total in past 12 months. I called in once for recon, and the underwriter said there was no way they could reconsider. Thought I would call back the next day or two and get a different rep, unfortunately got the SAME rep!!?? Figured I was denied and chalked it up as a loss. Oh well.

Almost 8 days later I receive a notice in the mail saying US Bank was unable to process my application and that the information provided was inconsistent. Pretty sure I filled out the app correctly, so I phoned in, thinking what the hell, I have nothing to lose, underwriting already told me I was denied, but let's see where this leads. Called the number on the letter, was transferred to the Altitude Reserve department, and the rep said my email I provided was inconsistent with the name on my application. Told them it was my middle name I use for things like this, and they said ok sure no problem. She then said she would shoot my application over to underwriting for the final review. I'm thinking: great, this was a waste of time. I didn't tell her I already spoke to underwriting and they said I was denied, so off it went for final review (I guess). The rep said my card should be at my house in 2-3 days. I'm thinking "yeah right, ok".

Still thinking I was denied, I woke up a day after that phone call and logged into my US Bank account, and there was a new credit card section and line of credit showing. So I guess I got the card. US Bank is just weird, persistence wins in this case, possibly some luck. Whatever you do, know that underwriting is full of witches waiting to say no for whatever reason.
italdesign likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by CJS415
In my post about a week ago I described how I applied for this card and was denied by underwriting for too many new accounts open (6) total in past 12 months. I called in once for recon, and the underwriter said there was no way they could reconsider. Thought I would call back the next day or two and get a different rep, unfortunately got the SAME rep!!?? Figured I was denied and chalked it up as a loss. Oh well.

Almost 8 days later I receive a notice in the mail saying US Bank was unable to process my application and that the information provided was inconsistent. Pretty sure I filled out the app correctly, so I phoned in, thinking what the hell, I have nothing to lose, underwriting already told me I was denied, but let's see where this leads. Called the number on the letter, was transferred to the Altitude Reserve department, and the rep said my email I provided was inconsistent with the name on my application. Told them it was my middle name I use for things like this, and they said ok sure no problem. She then said she would shoot my application over to underwriting for the final review. I'm thinking: great, this was a waste of time. I didn't tell her I already spoke to underwriting and they said I was denied, so off it went for final review (I guess). The rep said my card should be at my house in 2-3 days. I'm thinking "yeah right, ok".

Still thinking I was denied, I woke up a day after that phone call and logged into my US Bank account, and there was a new credit card section and line of credit showing. So I guess I got the card. US Bank is just weird, persistence wins in this case, possibly some luck. Whatever you do, know that underwriting is full of witches waiting to say no for whatever reason.
congrats! gives me hope, I'm about to apply with 10 cards in the past year lol
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, RCplatinum, Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by eclipsor
congrats! gives me hope, I'm about to apply with 10 cards in the past year lol
I had three US Bank credit cards, 2 Flexperks and Cash+ with oldest card being 2009 as well as checking account when I applied the first day they accepted apps. FICO was just under 700 with 20+ inquiries and I was approved with a decent CL. US Bank is a quirky relationship bank. It's all about their internal scoring model. With the exception of the Chase 5/24 rule I think any decline on the basis of inquiries is just an excuse, not the true reason for a decline, IMHO
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
FYI I was able to to reopen my closed club carlson visa by just providing a couple of pieces of information: income, housing payment, and account number I wish to reopen, at least last 4. They honored my original opening date so the 30 days wasn't an issue either.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
US Bank Requirements

Do you still require some prior relationship with US Bank in order to get approved for this card?

If so how long should you wait before applying?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Explorist, United Gold, Hertz 5*
usbank travel redemption portal is horrible compared to Chase UR. Confirmation emails take days to show up, and there no place on the site to see/modify existing orders

I recently booked a hotel using points and wanted to modify the reservation 10 mins later, so i called to modify it. USBank charges $25 to modify and points takes 1-2 billing cycles to repost.

Definitely won't be keeping this card open for year 2.
0limits likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: Elite status at local McDonalds, Carwash, and Post Office
So Radpad just emailed me and said my landlord needs to create an account and get paid electronically through direct deposit, which was a major reason I got this card, Radpad allows apple pay (for a fee), but it's still worth it since the points are worth 1.5 cents a piece. But after reading the post above, I will only keep this card for a year. US Bank tried to enter the premium market but is failing.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:33 pm

Smile Underwriting

1 (800) 685-7680 Us bank under writing department. Request for an increase through customer service then call that number and talk to uw. They pull Experian when applying for new card and all 3 when requesting an increase. I went from 800 to 25k. Then 25k to 33k. Now 33k to 50k. I love us bank. Also if you want something more flexible try Alliant credit union. They give generous lines up to 50k no annual fee. Great points and they work for the people not profit.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:46 pm

Does VA ez-pass toll payment count as travel?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:49 pm

I have a question about the $4,500 spend within 3 month. I did spend $4,500 but got reimbursed $325 for travel expenses, so the net spend is only $4,175. Does anybody know if this is enough to get the bonus?
thanks
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:29 pm
jk2

technical question - can I use samsung pay on the gear s3 that is connected via the android phone without cellular service (wi-fi only)? I did set up it, but somehow I have to activate card (altitude) by calling usbank, but how they suppose to see the device where the card is used?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by globetrotterhan
usbank travel redemption portal is horrible compared to Chase UR.
I have to agree. I just did several side by side redemption tests and USBANK gives crappier results at higher prices than UR, on top of a clunkier interface.
I am now resigned to using my bonus points as straight up statement credits and being through with the thing.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by jk2
technical question - can I use samsung pay on the gear s3 that is connected via the android phone without cellular service (wi-fi only)? I did set up it, but somehow I have to activate card (altitude) by calling usbank, but how they suppose to see the device where the card is used?
Should be OK. The device ID they see is a Samsung watch. Watch will need to synchronize with a phone from time to time to get tokens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.