Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by jeffersun
...why wouldn't you book directly with the airline? Typically it's the lowest fair anyways. Why do you need to use a third party?
Agreed,,,,,unless you are booking a package with hotel/car etc. The big on line agencies can "mask" the true often lower price of the hotels by doing a bundle. This is the only reason I would ever book airline tickets with an agency.
Old May 9, 2017, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
By the way, does Samsung pay require phone service? On Samsung website, it says that using Samsung pay does not required active internet/phone connection for up to a certain amount (I read somewhere that this is like 10 transactions). If periodical internet access (let's say everyday) is all I need to use Samsung pay, I believe that a cheaper Samsung phone (e.g., used galaxy s6) should do the work.
You do not need an internet connection to use SamsungPay. I have used it multiple times with my watch without my phone present. Like you mentioned you are limited to using it 10 times between when you need to connect to the internet, or in my case, my watch connect to my phone.
Old May 9, 2017, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by daw4888
You do not need an internet connection to use SamsungPay. I have used it multiple times with my watch without my phone present. Like you mentioned you are limited to using it 10 times between when you need to connect to the internet, or in my case, my watch connect to my phone.

This ifo really helps! thank you!
Old May 9, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
so how are the 50k points worth $750 in travel? Do I just purchase anything in travel and then use point redemption towards it like the Barclays card?
Old May 9, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
I used my Samsung watch to pay at gas station today. I inserted my DL into the credit card slot, then brought the watch close to the slot, and pulled the DL out. It authorized the transaction.
Old May 9, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by livestrongforever
so how are the 50k points worth $750 in travel? Do I just purchase anything in travel and then use point redemption towards it like the Barclays card?
Unfortunately not. it looks like everying needs to be booked through the rewards portal where they price everything out in points. I have not yet taken the time to compare prices with normal OTAs to see if we really get the promised $0.015/point value they promise. This also severely limits the possibilities turning points into cash at that rate, but who knows, maybe there is a loophole to be found there. First we all need some points in the accounts to test with.
Old May 9, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Anybody try to buy a GC with this card yet?
Old May 9, 2017, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
Anybody try to buy a GC with this card yet?
I bought $2000 Paypal MyCash last week and $1000 OV today at CVS.
Old May 9, 2017, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I bought $2000 Paypal MyCash last week and $1000 OV today at CVS.
No fraud alerts? I remember it took me at least 3 calls to USB fraud dept. in order to buy $1000 worth of GCs from OD with Flexperks card.
Old May 10, 2017, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by yugi
No fraud alerts? I remember it took me at least 3 calls to USB fraud dept. in order to buy $1000 worth of GCs from OD with Flexperks card.

I didn't call them and didn't get a alert either.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
Does anyone know how the redemption of points for airticket work for Altitude Reserve?

What portal does it use? Orbitz? Expedia?

Does it follow the same "band" policy as for Flexperks?
http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...ravel-rewards/
(as in, having bands like 20,000 = up to $400; 30,000 = up to $600 and so forth)

OR

is it purely $1.50 = 100 points? so you can purchase a cheap airfare of $70 or expensive one like $700 with no opportunity cost?

Thanks in advance
Not sure which portal it uses. I attached an image of what it looks like however.

The points seem like they are redeemed at 1pt=1.5c b/c the flight listed there costs 25,801 pts and the cash price is $387.01.
Attached Images  
Old May 10, 2017, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by billybobson1402
Not sure which portal it uses. I attached an image of what it looks like however.

The points seem like they are redeemed at 1pt=1.5c b/c the flight listed there costs 25,801 pts and the cash price is $387.01.
Thank you so much! I asked about the portal bc it affects the avaialbility of certain flights esp those obscure international airports
Old May 10, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by gnomey
Thank you so much! I asked about the portal bc it affects the avaialbility of certain flights esp those obscure international airports
I did notice the portal doesn't have Johannesburg (JNB) as an option for flights... not exactly an obscure one either. It does have just about every other South African airport I searched for though.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by aviationwiz
I did notice the portal doesn't have Johannesburg (JNB) as an option for flights... not exactly an obscure one either. It does have just about every other South African airport I searched for though.
Arghhhh, I was planning to buy a flight in SA too. Was thinking abt Nelspruit Mpumalanga (MQP)

This sucks..., if JNB is not even there, then MQP will not be there, I think?!

p/s: you might want to call up US Bank and check. I know for Wells Fargo Go Far Rewards at least, I couldnt find a MQP flight online using their search portal, but when I call them up, they use a secondary database (whatever it is), and could locate it. So I just have to book the flight by phone, not online, if I want it
Old May 10, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
Hmm Started using my Samsung pay everywhere I go now with my USBANK Altitude card.

One thing I noticed is that after the transaction posts to my account, I noticed that some transactions start with "Samsung Pay" while others dont, although they were clearly with samsung pay.

My Walgreens gift card purchase with samsung pay does not say it which is a concern. I'll try one at CVS and then wait for the statement to see if it gives me 3x or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.