Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by rbw5t
Pretty quiet in this thread ... I'm sure it's not quite the buzz they were hoping for!
I mean...it's pretty straight forward. Most people haven't had it more than like 5 days. I don't even have a charge that isn't still pending lol. I've already made a travel purchase >$325, but hasn't posted so will wait and see if it just auto credits. Otherwise, how much is there to talk about haha? Some DP on walgreens GCs maybe, but nobody will be able to know what comes of that until their statement closes.
Old May 7, 2017, 7:25 pm

Anyone have DP on approval with just the Fidelity card and no other relationship?
Old May 7, 2017, 8:50 pm

Does Samsung pay work at CVS?

I saw a thread stating that it did work about a year ago and on another thread CVS denies contactless payment. I would like to know if it's worth switching my iphone to a Samsung phone, given that I can earn 3% using US bank altitude reserve for mobile wallet.
Old May 7, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
It's limited to US Bank customers...
You can apply at a branch, if you're not a customer.
Old May 7, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Does Samsung pay work at CVS?

I saw a thread stating that it did work about a year ago and on another thread CVS denies contactless payment. I would like to know if it's worth switching my iphone to a Samsung phone, given that I can earn 3% using US bank altitude reserve for mobile wallet.
It should work. I will try it soon. Just got a Samsung watch for that.
Old May 7, 2017, 11:48 pm

So travel agency booking (e.g expedia, orbitz) is not categorized as travel. Where would you book your flights to get the travel reimbursement besides directly at the airlines?
Old May 8, 2017, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by PhantomRider
So travel agency booking (e.g expedia, orbitz) is not categorized as travel. Where would you book your flights to get the travel reimbursement besides directly at the airlines?
...why wouldn't you book directly with the airline? Typically it's the lowest fair anyways. Why do you need to use a third party?
Old May 8, 2017, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by yugi
It should work. I will try it soon. Just got a Samsung watch for that.

In theory, it should work. But some say CVS gives you "contactless not allowed" message when you try.
I am on the fence of buying Samsung phone to utilize 3x earning by using US bank altitude reserve but if CVS does not take Samsung pay, it does not mean much to me.

So for the Samsung watch, you need android to use Samsung pay, correct? I currently have only iphone so can't even try it without spending close to $200..

Please let us know your experience once you try at CVS.
Old May 8, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Any DP on time between approval and card delivery? Trying to decide if I should apply today and hope to get card by Saturday when I leave for a trip.
Old May 8, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Any DP on time between approval and card delivery? Trying to decide if I should apply today and hope to get card by Saturday when I leave for a trip.
If you're approved instantly it should arrive very quickly. I applied on Monday when applications opened, and the card was delivered Wednesday morning.
Old May 8, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by .
...but unable to login to usbankaltitude.com

Received the card on Friday, activated. used it for a few small Android Pay purchases over the weekend.

Still unable to log into usbankaltitude.com.

Is this something I need to call CS on? Or I am I not doing something correctly?
Old May 8, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, National EE
In theory, it should work. But some say CVS gives you "contactless not allowed" message when you try.
I am on the fence of buying Samsung phone to utilize 3x earning by using US bank altitude reserve but if CVS does not take Samsung pay, it does not mean much to me.

So for the Samsung watch, you need android to use Samsung pay, correct? I currently have only iphone so can't even try it without spending close to $200..

Worked just now at CVS using my new to me Galaxy S6.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by dctech
Worked just now at CVS using my new to me Galaxy S6.

Wow. Thank you very much for the DP dctech! I really appreciate it.

I am just curious. Did you have to turn off NFC function to use Samsung pay? A couple of reports show that when a Samsung phone is near CVS card reader, it enables NFC, which prevent you from using Samsung pay.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by yugi
You can apply at a branch, if you're not a customer.
Only if you also open a checking account, no?
Old May 8, 2017, 11:10 am

Samsung Pay will not work on iphone, Apple disables it. It will work on any Android phone if it satisfies memory requirements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.