US Bank Altitude Reserve Card

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 28, 20, 3:17 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: rrgg
Wiki Link
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually in statement credits for eligible travel purchases
  • $400 annual fee
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 4 Priority Pass lounge visits for primary cardholder and 1 guest per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.



Print Wikipost

Old Feb 21, 20, 7:09 pm
  #1171  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Programs: yes
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by akr1970akr View Post
I think there was some in the very beginning but I have not heard anything since then.

They have probably crimped down on that.

One can not even product change out of it.
I was looking into this the other day since my 2nd AF just hit. It looks like the updated the TC's at some point to now say
"50,000 bonus Points:One-time 50,000 bonus Points will be awarded if you are approved for a new U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card and eligible Net Purchases totaling $4,500 or more are made to your Account within 90 days after Account opening........The bonus is not available to Cardmembers who currently have, or had, a U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite account...."
DH Jed is offline  
Old Feb 21, 20, 10:49 pm
  #1172  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BAY AREA
Posts: 767
Originally Posted by DH Jed View Post
I was looking into this the other day since my 2nd AF just hit. It looks like the updated the TC's at some point to now say
"50,000 bonus Points:One-time 50,000 bonus Points will be awarded if you are approved for a new U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card and eligible Net Purchases totaling $4,500 or more are made to your Account within 90 days after Account opening........The bonus is not available to Cardmembers who currently have, or had, a U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite account...."
Does that mean you only earn the points once in a life time like Amex? They don't specify how long you have to wait before applying and getting the bonus points
trikotret is offline  
Old Feb 22, 20, 10:23 am
  #1173  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Programs: yes
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by trikotret View Post
Does that mean you only earn the points once in a life time like Amex? They don't specify how long you have to wait before applying and getting the bonus points
I read it to mean lifetime since they don’t specify a time frame like, last 24 or 48 months. I feel like it used to have 24 month language but couldn’t find any confirmation that it was ever different. At this point I would say its looking non-churnable which shouldn’t be terribly surprising considering how anti-MSing is know. To be.
DH Jed is offline  
Old Feb 22, 20, 7:57 pm
  #1174  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 213
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234 View Post
6 over the last 12 months...1 in March, 2 in Oct and 3 in Nov....
Some good news here! Got approved with > $15K line...You can see that I still have more than 6 inquiries the last 12 months, latest in Nov.

Lessons learned from first application that got rejected in Nov:
— Many inquiries doesn’t mean definitely rejection. You can see I still have 6 inquiries even on second attempt of application.
— Go to a branch that is supportive. Have a gut feeling. First attempt was at a branch that they didn’t even know about that card and had to ask many people around...second attempt was at a friendly branch. Not sure if there is a correlation but first time I got that decision in mail response, second time immediate approval. At least when got rejected first time, that first bank manager seems he was careless to appeal and help although they claimed he tried. This time, even though I was mentally prepared for rejection - assumed number of inquiries is a hard rule - I was comfortable psychologically that the second branch is going to help this time.
— Keep a good balance account with them for handful of months. Although my account is 5K, I had monthly automatic deposit feeding it. When I got rejected first time, I applied 2 days after I opened my bank account and only had 2K. Again not sure if there is correlation.
— keep a good credit score. My score has been always high > 750 but first question banker asked me about my score...so seems very important.

thanks everyone and just wanted to add DP
good_boy_1234 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 20, 8:00 pm
  #1175  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BAY AREA
Posts: 767
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234 View Post
Some good news here! Got approved with > $15K line...You can see that I still have more than 6 inquiries the last 12 months, latest in Nov.

Lessons learned from first application that got rejected in Nov:
— Many inquiries doesn’t mean definitely rejection. You can see I still have 6 inquiries even on second attempt of application.
— Go to a branch that is supportive. Have a gut feeling. First attempt was at a branch that they didn’t even know about that card and had to ask many people around...second attempt was at a friendly branch. Not sure if there is a correlation but first time I got that decision in mail response, second time immediate approval. At least when got rejected first time, that first bank manager seems he was careless to appeal and help although they claimed he tried. This time, even though I was mentally prepared for rejection - assumed number of inquiries is a hard rule - I was comfortable psychologically that the second branch is going to help this time.
— Keep a good balance account with them for handful of months. Although my account is 5K, I had monthly automatic deposit feeding it. When I got rejected first time, I applied 2 days after I opened my bank account and only had 2K. Again not sure if there is correlation.
— keep a good credit score. My score has been always high > 750 but first question banker asked me about my score...so seems very important.

thanks everyone and just wanted to add DP
Congrats on your approval and thanks for the detail DPs. Should help others who want to apply.
trikotret is offline  
Old Feb 26, 20, 11:58 am
  #1176  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BAY AREA
Posts: 767
Does anyone know that if your account ends up having a credit balance from RTR before payment due date, would you still need to send in min payment?
trikotret is offline  
Old Feb 26, 20, 1:18 pm
  #1177  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TYS/BNA/ATL
Programs: UR, TYP, MR, AA, WN, BA, AS, TK, Radisson, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234 View Post
Some good news here! Got approved with > $15K line...You can see that I still have more than 6 inquiries the last 12 months, latest in Nov.

Lessons learned from first application that got rejected in Nov:
— Many inquiries doesn’t mean definitely rejection. You can see I still have 6 inquiries even on second attempt of application.
— Go to a branch that is supportive. Have a gut feeling. First attempt was at a branch that they didn’t even know about that card and had to ask many people around...second attempt was at a friendly branch. Not sure if there is a correlation but first time I got that decision in mail response, second time immediate approval. At least when got rejected first time, that first bank manager seems he was careless to appeal and help although they claimed he tried. This time, even though I was mentally prepared for rejection - assumed number of inquiries is a hard rule - I was comfortable psychologically that the second branch is going to help this time.
— Keep a good balance account with them for handful of months. Although my account is 5K, I had monthly automatic deposit feeding it. When I got rejected first time, I applied 2 days after I opened my bank account and only had 2K. Again not sure if there is correlation.
— keep a good credit score. My score has been always high > 750 but first question banker asked me about my score...so seems very important.

thanks everyone and just wanted to add DP
You need to freeze ARS and Sage Stream for better approval odds.
yugi is offline  
Old Feb 26, 20, 3:45 pm
  #1178  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Programs: AA Gold, United Silver, SW A-list, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 972
Originally Posted by trikotret View Post
Does anyone know that if your account ends up having a credit balance from RTR before payment due date, would you still need to send in min payment?
I didn't. And the account didn't even have a credit balance when the statement closed - the credit was simply enough to cover the previous month's closing balance. I.e. stmt was $300, credit was $350, new spend $450 for ending balance of $400. No interest or fees charged.
ehallison is offline  
Old Feb 26, 20, 10:35 pm
  #1179  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 213
So my card arrived and nice black package- honestly the best I have seen compared to other 2 premium cards I have had CSR/CNB.

Quick question, what is the consensus on the 4 PP visits? Is it 4 personal plus 4 guests? or total 4? like if you go and have one guest with you, is it 3 left for you or just 2? I know per pure language on the website it sounds like 4 + 4 and not total 4, but want to confirm here so someone can know for sure
good_boy_1234 is offline  
Old Feb 26, 20, 10:41 pm
  #1180  
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: BOI or anywhere a good IPA is served!!
Programs: Too many to list
Posts: 10,258
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234 View Post
So my card arrived and nice black package- honestly the best I have seen compared to other 2 premium cards I have had CSR/CNB.

Quick question, what is the consensus on the 4 PP visits? Is it 4 personal plus 4 guests? or total 4? like if you go and have one guest with you, is it 3 left for you or just 2? I know per pure language on the website it sounds like 4 + 4 and not total 4, but want to confirm here so someone can know for sure
The wikipost at the top of the page is very clear on this.
philemer is offline  
Old Feb 27, 20, 5:33 am
  #1181  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 213
Originally Posted by philemer View Post
The wikipost at the top of the page is very clear on this.
it’s the same as official website but I remember some reported that their first visit with a guest counted as 2 visits so wanted to double check
good_boy_1234 is offline  
Old Feb 27, 20, 5:17 pm
  #1182  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ATL, BHM, DUB, County Wexford
Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH & HY
Posts: 3,245
If you apply and are approved, how long does it take to receive the card in the mail?
EasternTraveler is offline  
Old Feb 27, 20, 5:22 pm
  #1183  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BAY AREA
Posts: 767
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler View Post
If you apply and are approved, how long does it take to receive the card in the mail?
They get sent out overnight. They ship out the day after approved. That's what happened with me.
trikotret is offline  
Old Feb 28, 20, 2:43 pm
  #1184  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ATL, BHM, DUB, County Wexford
Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH & HY
Posts: 3,245
Originally Posted by trikotret View Post
They get sent out overnight. They ship out the day after approved. That's what happened with me.
thanks
EasternTraveler is offline  
Old Feb 28, 20, 7:56 pm
  #1185  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 213
How I can tell if mobile pay is counted correctly? I have already made some purchases here and there but it says in the transaction posting in payment methods: chip card reader regardless if I swiped or used the apple pay...
good_boy_1234 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: