Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by jags86
I only choose travel categories as when I first got the card I accidentally used RTR but only get $0.01/pt value on the redemption.
Do third party sites like Expedia trigger the text? Or you have to book directly to airlines and hotels
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:58 pm

Anybody else having problems with Lyft/Uber recently? It hasn't been triggering RTR for me at all in the last month or two.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
Do third party sites like Expedia trigger the text? Or you have to book directly to airlines and hotels
I don't think OTA's like Expedia trigger the text. I booked with Priceline via Apple Pay before and it didn't trigger RTR.
trikotret likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:33 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by mrcaptain
I don't think OTA's like Expedia trigger the text. I booked with Priceline via Apple Pay before and it didn't trigger RTR.
OTAs are not travel categories. I asked specifically about this and was told that they are not.
If need to use an app supporting mobile payments.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by invisible
OTAs are not travel categories. I asked specifically about this and was told that they are not.
If need to use an app supporting mobile payments.
So in order to be considered as a travel category for this card, you have to use it directly with airlines, hotels and car rentals? If you book with Expedia you'll only earn 1x?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:50 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by kilbornr
Anybody else having problems with Lyft/Uber recently? It hasn't been triggering RTR for me at all in the last month or two.
Same.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by kilbornr
Just tested that uber is fine
Old Jan 12, 2020, 2:19 pm

I applied for this card back in early Nov (still shocked as my first and only card rejection in my life) and the reason was multiple recent inquiries and no long history with them (I opened a small checking account just few days before I applied)...I even tried having my Bank to appeal and they claimed it was unsuccessful

do you guys recommend applying again or better to wait? If the latter how long?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:02 am

So in order to be considered as a travel category for this card, you have to use it directly with airlines, hotels and car rentals? If you book with Expedia you'll only earn 1x?
Correct. It is all dependent on MCC and some small hotels in developing world might use MCC which would not earn 3x points.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:14 am

Did anyone used travel insurance coming with the card

Hello,

If you used the travel insurance provided by the Altitude card, would you mind to provide couple of details?

- What was the insurance for - travel delay/cancellation/lost baggage/etc
- What type of documents did you submit to the insurer and what/how long was the process?
- What kind of resolution/reimbursement was provided and are you satisfied with the outcome?

Thanks
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by invisible
Hello,

If you used the travel insurance provided by the Altitude card, would you mind to provide couple of details?

- What was the insurance for - travel delay/cancellation/lost baggage/etc
- What type of documents did you submit to the insurer and what/how long was the process?
- What kind of resolution/reimbursement was provided and are you satisfied with the outcome?

Thanks
I have not had to utilize any of the AR's insurance coverages. But I note that U.S. credit cards that offer such coverages all seem to use one of just a handful of insurance providers, like Chubb, Virginia Surety, and maybe a couple of others. I would expect the claims process for the different carriers to be pretty similar.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 10:49 am

I made a $790 purchase at a Waldorf-Astoria hotel and a $875 purchase at Southwest and neither got the Real-time Rewards text message. I have enough points to cover these purchases at 1.5 cpp. I do get text messages for smaller purchases like Uber, Lyft. I have Airlines and Lodging selected in my Real-time Rewards settings. What can be the problem?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
I made a $790 purchase at a Waldorf-Astoria hotel and a $875 purchase at Southwest and neither got the Real-time Rewards text message. I have enough points to cover these purchases at 1.5 cpp. I do get text messages for smaller purchases like Uber, Lyft. I have Airlines and Lodging selected in my Real-time Rewards settings. What can be the problem?
Do you have enough points? 79k for hotel and 87k for flight. In reality, you'll less points of it triggered the RTR. But you would need to have 1% equal in points to get text.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:58 am

Do you have enough points? 79k for hotel and 87k for flight. In reality, you'll less points of it triggered the RTR. But you would need to have 1% equal in points to get text.
I suspected that was the case. Sigh. So with real-time rewards, it is impossible to spend all of your points down to zero at 1.5 cpp, correct?

Last edited by michael_v; Jan 14, 2020 at 1:18 pm
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
I suspected that was the case. Sigh. So with real-time rewards, it is impossible to redeem all of your points at 1.5 cpp, correct?
You have to enough to equal 1%. Let's say a ticket is $700, you would need 70k points to get the text and then you'll be able to use 46k towards the 700 ticket. No idea why it's setup like that. Other option would be to use their portal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.