US Bank Altitude Reserve Card

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 28, 20, 3:17 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rrgg
Wiki Link
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually in statement credits for eligible travel purchases
  • $400 annual fee
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePayģ, Samsung Pay, Android Google Payô, Microsoft Wallet

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 4 Priority Pass lounge visits for primary cardholder and 1 guest per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Print Wikipost

Old Jan 9, 20, 7:55 am

I have a question when the 50k bonus points will be posted. I opened the card in Sept, 19 and met the spending requirement in Nov. No bonus was posted in Dec 7 statement. Now the Jan statement was closed yesterday and the bonus points still not posted. I called them today and the rep insisted I need to wait another couple of months and call back in March if not posted in Feb statement.
Is this something I need to worry about? Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 20, 8:00 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tiger101 View Post
I have a question when the 50k bonus points will be posted. I opened the card in Sept, 19 and met the spending requirement in Nov. No bonus was posted in Dec 7 statement. Now the Jan statement was closed yesterday and the bonus points still not posted. I called them today and the rep insisted I need to wait another couple of months and call back in March if not posted in Feb statement.
soemthing seems off. USB has always posted the bonus at statement closing after spend was met. Itís been like that for the past 5 cards Iíve had with them and MyFico data points say the same thing.

I would call and ask for a supervisor.
Old Jan 9, 20, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by tiger101 View Post
Are you sure you met the spend? Does it show you anywhere on their site that you met it? Chase tracks your spend and it was easy to track it. I'm not sure how USB is since I just got the card yesterday
Old Jan 9, 20, 10:37 am

Real time text

I have question on this section. Do you choose only travel categories to redeem your points this way? Default on their site was for all categories. It makes feel like they want you to use your points for all charges.
Old Jan 9, 20, 11:05 am

Thanks!

Originally Posted by trikotret View Post
Are you sure you met the spend? Does it show you anywhere on their site that you met it? Chase tracks your spend and it was easy to track it. I'm not sure how USB is since I just got the card yesterday

Last edited by mia; Jan 9, 20 at 11:11 am
Old Jan 9, 20, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Shadowfactor View Post
soemthing seems off. USB has always posted the bonus at statement closing after spend was met. Itís been like that for the past 5 cards Iíve had with them and MyFico data points say the same thing.

I would call and ask for a supervisor.
Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 20, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH GLD (thanks Citi), former DL silver
Do travel credits post when the statement cuts?
Old Jan 9, 20, 5:24 pm

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by nall View Post
Do travel credits post when the statement cuts?
In my experience travel credits post about 2-7 days following the transaction posting.
Old Jan 9, 20, 6:50 pm

Well, I give USB 8 months before AR increases AF, provide food credits an roll back benefits (or a combination of above).
Old Jan 10, 20, 9:49 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I don't think they are paying the bloggers and card hawkers on this, so their customer base may not be as crummy as the churning CSR crowd.

And their overall 'ecosystem' isn't so rewarding, so I don't think people are fundamentally racking up 200k points a year, which keeps costs lower I suspect.

Their rule of having to be a customer of USB before getting this card seems like a simple, and hopefully effective, filter for keeping out the loss making card holders.

At least that's my hope! Love this card and don't use it enough....
trikotret likes this.
Old Jan 10, 20, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by openwheelracing View Post
Well, I give USB 8 months before AR increases AF, provide food credits an roll back benefits (or a combination of above).
I don't think they'll do ban increase. Their card is exclusive to their customers base. Plus this card is a cash back card you can't transfer points to airlines or hotels. It's basically cash back for 1.5-4.5%. Only thing they might do is limit the mobile pay category which I hope they don't.
Old Jan 10, 20, 11:41 am

Does USB break down the categories on the statement? I got some Apple pay charges and other reg charges but they all on one page. It doesn't separate the categories.
Old Jan 10, 20, 1:18 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Does USB break down the categories on the statement? I got some Apple pay charges and other reg charges but they all on one page. It doesn't separate the categories.
Look on the paper statement. I get something which shows regular spend, travel spend, and mobile spend bonus.
Old Jan 10, 20, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by akr1970akr View Post
Look on the paper statement. I get something which shows regular spend, travel spend, and mobile spend bonus.
I guess I'm used to CSR and Amex showing categories. I'll have to get used to USB.
Old Jan 10, 20, 1:33 pm

I have question on this section. Do you choose only travel categories to redeem your points this way? Default on their site was for all categories. It makes feel like they want you to use your points for all charges.
I only choose travel categories as when I first got the card I accidentally used RTR but only get $0.01/pt value on the redemption.
trikotret likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: