Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by tmiw
Visa Infinite already commands close to (if not exactly) 3% in interchange from at least most merchants. They may need to restrict it to certain categories but I'm not sure they'd need to kill it altogether, especially since a fair number of cardholders will carry a balance as is.
Infinite interchange is only .1-.2% higher than Signature. Most big merchants probably have negotiated rates at 2% or lower for all cards.

The bank does not take the whole interchange. The network takes a bunch. Also don't forget that Apple takes a cut too.

There's no way they can keep this on all general spend going through Apple Pay unless they're willing to lose a whole bunch of money.

It'll probably be like Discover where it runs for a year. Then they add caps, categories, etc. This is US Bank after all.

Time will tell if they start shutting people down for putting a lot of spend through mobile wallets. We'll see.
Old May 3, 2017, 7:15 am

Yeah ! Finally positive news.
Applied on Monday, but delayed due to needed more info. Called and had them associate my US Club Carlson Credit card with the application. Then was told application was resubmitted.
Have not heard anything via email but logged onto my US bank club Carlson credit card account this morning and saw a new altitude account showing as one of my accounts. Looks like forward progress. Thought I would share. have a great day.
Old May 3, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by OneHourPhoto
Got the same (have the FlexPersk Visa Siganture for several years) 7-10 days decision process.

What is the recon phone number?

Does this result in a hard pull or soft pull?
A follow-up on this. I was going to call the ReCon number this morning to advise that I have an existing US Bank FlexPerks Card.

When I did, the automated status prompts indicating that I was approved.
Old May 3, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
I applied for this card on Monday and got the 7-10 day response. I have several accounts with US Bank (banking and Flexperks CC's). Today, a new account showed up when I checked accounts online.

I just got UPS notification about a shipped package with tomorrow morning delivery. I can only assume it's this card since I don't have any open online orders at the moment. If so, that would be quick delivery!
Old May 4, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: SAA, DL, BA, UA, IHG, SPG
Has anyone with the card been able to access the usbankaltitude.com site yet? I received my card yesterday, though it says my login credentials don't match their records when I try to log in.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by aviationwiz
Has anyone with the card been able to access the usbankaltitude.com site yet? I received my card yesterday, though it says my login credentials don't match their records when I try to log in.
I also received my card today, but unable to login to usbankaltitude.com
Old May 4, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
usbankaltitude

Originally Posted by zefhash
I also received my card today, but unable to login to usbankaltitude.com
I was able to get in this morning and register for gogo, priority pass and more. So far have been though very unsatisfied with their customer service. Have not been able able to charge anything on the card and have spoken with 9 people so far getting this resolved. Never had such an issue with a bank. If it weren't a metal card I threatened to cut it up. :-)
Old May 4, 2017, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by freakflyer
I was able to get in this morning and register for gogo, priority pass and more. So far have been though very unsatisfied with their customer service. Have not been able able to charge anything on the card and have spoken with 9 people so far getting this resolved. Never had such an issue with a bank. If it weren't a metal card I threatened to cut it up. :-)
Tried again, and was able to log in!
Old May 4, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Was instantly approved today with $32,500 CL.
Have Flexperks Visa and Club Carlson Business Visa.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by zefhash
Tried again, and was able to log in!
Originally Posted by yugi
Was instantly approved today with $32,500 CL.
Have Flexperks Visa and Club Carlson Business Visa.
Sounds like some of the kinks are getting worked out.
Old May 5, 2017, 7:31 am

Received card, easy activation, very professional customer service agent. She answered my questions quickly and courteously. Went online,... found benefits I could register for (click rewards, manage rewards, select card benefits).
Did not register for go go yet as they expire 12 months from registering date so will wait until a week or so before next flight and register then.
Easy site navigation. Made multiple online purchases yesterday and all went thru fine. and show in account. Seems like they had their ducks in a row on my end, hopefully kinks others have experienced will be worked out quickly.
Old May 5, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Has anyone with only USB Business card had any luck? I have CC Bus Visa and corporate travel Visa issued by USB but no personal cards. Do I have a chance of being approved?
Old May 5, 2017, 5:01 pm

Another DP - Instantly approved today with $25K credit line. I have the Club Carlson Personal Visa.
Old May 7, 2017, 12:16 pm

Pretty quiet in this thread ... I'm sure it's not quite the buzz they were hoping for!
Old May 7, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by rbw5t
Pretty quiet in this thread ... I'm sure it's not quite the buzz they were hoping for!
It's limited to US Bank customers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.