US Bank Altitude Reserve Card

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 9, 19, 9:32 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: yugi
Wiki Link
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually in statement credits for eligible travel purchases
  • $400 annual fee
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 4 Priority Pass lounge visits for primary cardholder and 1 guest per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 6, 19, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by richarddd View Post
Am I reading correctly, that I can book travel directly (not through a portal) and Real-Time Mobile Rewards lets me pay at 1.5 cents/point, but I need enough points for the entire purchase (rather than part cash and part points)? In other words, if I want to pay $4,500 for airline tickets, I'd need 300,000 points, which means $100,0000 spending on travel and mobile payments?
You understand correctly. However, since it is a flat $0.015 your best bet is to take any real time redemption the second it is available. I end up using most of my points on Uber.
Old Dec 8, 19, 9:06 pm

Any DP on service member able to get the AF waived under the Military Lending Act, meaning you open after active duty and not before. Thanks.
Old Dec 13, 19, 9:52 am

Which bureau does USBank pull? I have 1 hp on TransUnion but many more on Experian and Equifax.
Old Dec 14, 19, 10:48 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH & HY
Are they still doing 3X on Apple Pay?
How does that compare to 5%?
Old Dec 14, 19, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler View Post
Are they still doing 3X on Apple Pay?
How does that compare to 5%?
It's 3x on mobile pay which is equivalent to 4.5% on travel. I think 5% categories have a cap and while the USB doesn't have one.
Old Dec 27, 19, 4:07 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Any retention bonuses on this card?
How long do we have to cancel without af ?
Old Dec 28, 19, 1:22 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I got 5k pts. You have ~ 30 days to cancel after fee posts to avoid AF. The retention points do not post until the fee becomes irrevocable.

There are varying amounts of retention pts being given, ranging from zero to 15k. Google around for data points
Old Dec 28, 19, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by akr1970akr View Post
I got 5k pts. You have ~ 30 days to cancel after fee posts to avoid AF. The retention points do not post until the fee becomes irrevocable.

There are varying amounts of retention pts being given, ranging from zero to 15k. Google around for data points
I was hoping for 5k, they gave 10! I see 5k as break even on the af, and then you get the little perks, 3x digital purchases is sweet and i usually find one or two times i can use gogo inflight. Also the PP includes restaurants, so could be helpful there.
Old Dec 29, 19, 2:07 am

I put a rental car from Hertz on my Altitude card this month and it was above my set threshold but I never got a text for real-time rewards for point redemption. Is there something I should be doing to make sure that I get those texts? I have gotten the text for smaller purchases with Southwest so it's curious.
Old Dec 29, 19, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by buymeanapple View Post
I put a rental car from Hertz on my Altitude card this month and it was above my set threshold but I never got a text for real-time rewards for point redemption. Is there something I should be doing to make sure that I get those texts? I have gotten the text for smaller purchases with Southwest so it's curious.
Was the rental car charge above $250? There's a minimum for rental car and hotels that will trigger the real time rewards that are different than the amount you set.
Old Dec 29, 19, 2:15 am

Oh okay, that's what I was missing then. The rental car was $175 and the limit I set was lower. I didn't realize that they have a US Bank minimum that supersedes mine. Thank you!
Old Dec 31, 19, 10:19 am

Any luck with real time rewards and hotel redemption? I am trying to upgrade to a suite - 200 bucks and then get my wife some spa treatment at Denver Ritz - will spa code as hotel purchase? or can i buy marriot GC? I think I need to get to 500 bucks for RTR correct? already used up 325 travel credit....or wait does that reset Jan 1??????

EDIT - called RITZ - they do sell GC, or I can also bill to room and all goes on 1 room charge - think this will trigger RTR?

Last edited by geoff325; Dec 31, 19 at 10:35 am Reason: edit
Old Dec 31, 19, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by geoff325 View Post
Any luck with real time rewards and hotel redemption? I am trying to upgrade to a suite - 200 bucks and then get my wife some spa treatment at Denver Ritz - will spa code as hotel purchase? or can i buy marriot GC? I think I need to get to 500 bucks for RTR correct? already used up 325 travel credit....or wait does that reset Jan 1??????
All I know is that hotel redemption is 500 dollar or more for RTR. The travel credit does not reset on Jan 1. It resets on your card opening anniversary.
Old Dec 31, 19, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH & HY
Real Time Rewards?
Old Jan 2, 20, 12:50 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Regarding Priority Pass coming with the card

There was a question earlier - what four visits per membership year mean for this card. If you register the card at the PP website there is following description there:

Your membership plan includes:
  • 4 inclusive member visits per membership period. Any additional member visits will be charged directly to the payment card associated with your account at a rate of US$32 per visit.
  • 4 inclusive guest visits per membership period. Any additional guest visits will be charged directly to the payment card associated with your account at a rate of US$32 per visit.

Question was how the guest visits are counted. After going to PP lounge with two other companions I see following at the site:

Total Member and guest visits
Guest visits
Inclusive visits used
Now I think we have the answer - every person counts towards the total number of visits which is 4. I went there with two guests and now I only have one free entry remaining.

Total Member and guest visits
soartoday likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: