Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:58 pm
Etp

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Toll fees are never considered travel.
Fastrak is considered travel by CSR.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by Etp
Fastrak is considered travel by CSR.
Ya that's why I asked about this card.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 11:09 am

Is there a min dollar amount to redeem points for Travel purchases? Can you use points and cash if you don't have enough points? I read somewhere that min $250 for car rentals and $500 for hotels to be able to use points.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by trikotret
Is there a min dollar amount to redeem points for Travel purchases? Can you use points and cash if you don't have enough points? I read somewhere that min $250 for car rentals and $500 for hotels to be able to use points.
Don't know where that figure comes from - I just redeemed one night stay with points for $93.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by invisible
Don't know where that figure comes from - I just redeemed one night stay with points for $93.
The minimum purchase amount that can be selected is $10 for any other category besides car rentals and lodging. It's listed when you go to edit Real Time Rewards under the Card Benefits tab on the Rewards site. That's also where the minimum $250 car rental and $500 lodging is listed.

If you don't have enough points to cover the whole purchase you won't be able to use any points at all.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by brc01
The minimum purchase amount that can be selected is $10 for any other category besides car rentals and lodging. It's listed when you go to edit Real Time Rewards under the Card Benefits tab on the Rewards site. That's also where the minimum $250 car rental and $500 lodging is listed.

If you don't have enough points to cover the whole purchase you won't be able to use any points at all.
If you don't have enough points, can you use their portal to pay with both points and cash like Chase Reserve?
Old Nov 24, 2019, 12:28 pm

If you don't have enough points, can you use their portal to pay with both points and cash like Chase Reserve?
Yes, it does appear using their portal allows to use both points and cash if you don't have enough points.

I should have specified that Real Time Rewards only notifies/allows a redemption if you have enough points.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by brc01
Yes, it does appear using their portal allows to use both points and cash if you don't have enough points.

I should have specified that Real Time Rewards only notifies/allows a redemption if you have enough points.
Thanks for the explanation. So just to confirm, if I have 20k and I book a $400 hotel room, so my 20k points will be equal to $300 and I can put the remaining $100 on my card?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by jags86
Yea this isn’t true. Wife and I were both auto approved with well over 5 new cards in prior 6 months. Granted this was about 5 months ago but I doubt things have changed.
Weird...my banker just called in and said even with branch manager calling reconsideration, still got rejected...as I mentioned before, I was never rejected for a credit card including difficult and business ones. I only have 3 personal cards in my report in the last 24 months but recent inquiries are for line increases and business cards...6 inquiries over a year including 4 the last 6 months.

PS: I am surprised to see now that US bank made 2 hard inquiries within 3 days even though I only applied once...
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:37 am

Thanks for the explanation. So just to confirm, if I have 20k and I book a $400 hotel room, so my 20k points will be equal to $300 and I can put the remaining $100 on my card?
Yes, it looks like that can be done through their portal.
trikotret likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
I'm late to the party and finally decided to get this USB AR card. I have a somewhat large spend coming up (medical bills and car insurance) totaling about $5K. I came across this thread on FT and decided to read into this card.

For DP's:
I applied on Thanksgiving and received my approval on Saturday. I do have the USB Flex card since '06 (originally Northwest). I only spent $1 on the card every 6 months to keep the account active. I opened 6 cards in the past two years and 3 of the cards were opened since Jan of this year. My credit score is slightly above 825. I didn't freeze ARS and IDA credit reports prior to applying, like some have suggested.

To those who have/had the card, how long before the card arrived in the mail? Am I able to call USB CSR to expedite shipping?

And how fast/reliable is the internet when using the free Gogo passes benefit?

Thank you.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Called USB yesterday evening to complain about the $400 annual fee. CSR spoke about some benefits and I responded that I did not have a lot of travel planned for the next year which would make the card worthwhile. He tried to suggest applying for a different card. Eventually I had to ask point blank if he could throw me a bone and I would keep the card. He offered 5000 points which I can redeem for $75 in travel spend and I took it since that effectively makes the card free after the $325 in annual credits. For reference, I had about $14-15K of annual spend in the first year. For those of you who have managed to nab 10K or 15K points, what was your annual spend?

Also, I dont see the points having been credited yet? Do they come right away like Amex or at the end of the statement period?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Called USB yesterday evening to complain about the $400 annual fee. CSR spoke about some benefits and I responded that I did not have a lot of travel planned for the next year which would make the card worthwhile. He tried to suggest applying for a different card. Eventually I had to ask point blank if he could throw me a bone and I would keep the card. He offered 5000 points which I can redeem for $75 in travel spend and I took it since that effectively makes the card free after the $325 in annual credits. For reference, I had about $14-15K of annual spend in the first year. For those of you who have managed to nab 10K or 15K points, what was your annual spend?

Also, I dont see the points having been credited yet? Do they come right away like Amex or at the end of the statement period?
Points will post after the AF cannot be refunded by cancelling. They gave me 5k in pts for 11k in spend for my (easy) retention call.

I do like how good the phone service is with this card. It is better than anything else in my card quiver.

For 2020 I plan on using it much more since I am purging some other plastic.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:20 am

Am I reading correctly, that I can book travel directly (not through a portal) and Real-Time Mobile Rewards lets me pay at 1.5 cents/point, but I need enough points for the entire purchase (rather than part cash and part points)? In other words, if I want to pay $4,500 for airline tickets, I'd need 300,000 points, which means $100,0000 spending on travel and mobile payments?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by richarddd
Am I reading correctly, that I can book travel directly (not through a portal) and Real-Time Mobile Rewards lets me pay at 1.5 cents/point, but I need enough points for the entire purchase (rather than part cash and part points)? In other words, if I want to pay $4,500 for airline tickets, I'd need 300,000 points, which means $100,0000 spending on travel and mobile payments?
That's what I understood too. Unless someone can elaborate more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.