Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
How does that work? Any similar situations that worked? I am really new at US Bank and only opened a checking account on Sunday. Is it possible that they can do it online or I have to walk in to a branch? According to the person in reconsideration line that it was manually reviewed and rejected...

I know it might be a difficult card but as I said I was never rejected by a card before and got many difficult card before including CNB crystal infinite. I have a great credit score and never had a payment delay.
USB is crazy. I saw dp's in the past that said branch managers can call in, and they might have some sway with recon.

I don't suppose it can hurt. It's not like you'll get shut down for eyeballs on your account.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
How does that work? Any similar situations that worked?.
What worked for me in last May - I opened Premium MM account, dropped there $30K, waited a week, created online account and then opened Altitude card.
Before filling application and once MM account was opened I did called 800 number and asked them - hey I already have MM account/relationship with the bank, is this OK for me to open Altitude account? The guy on other side said - yes.
I applied, got approved within a week (I was posting about the process in the thread, scroll back) and got the card.

Probably $30K in the deposit account was the key point, but I don't know. I also had no new credit cards opened in last three years.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by guv1976
A possible work-around is for your wife to first apply for a US Bank credit card that does not require a pre-existing banking relationship (such as the Radisson Rewards Visa). If she is approved for such a card, she could then wait a few months and apply for the AR card.

Edited to add: Other available US Bank credit cards can be found here:

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards.html
Ok looks like the only way to get her a relationship with a chance of getting approved soon (and me getting an AR too), is for me to apply for AR now with the hopes of approval. Then I could open a deposit account with her as a joint owner.

What do you think would be my approval chances?
Accounts: 4/24, 0/12 and 0/6
AAoA: 5 yrs 11 mos
Inquiries TU: 6/12 and 3/6
TU Score: 783

Last edited by 808traveler; Nov 17, 2019 at 11:23 am
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:35 am

So dumb. My wife has a bankruptcy coming off in few months, can't get any chase cards due to this but has amex, Citi etc. At 1/24. Opened checking account in my name 4 months ago. Added her 1 month later. Last month month applied in her name and autoapproval 17k limit with like 715 score....makes no sense but not arguing.
akr1970akr and 808traveler like this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
First renewal fee just posted. Planning to call customer service to ask about a retention offer. For those of you who successfully managed to wrangle 5-10K points, what did you say? Unlike other cards where I have been perfectly fine to cancel (and have) if I dont get a retention offer, this is one card I would like to keep long term since it more than pays for itself due to the 3x earnings at Costco.

What's your opening line?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by 808traveler
Ok looks like the only way to get her a relationship with a chance of getting approved soon (and me getting an AR too), is for me to apply for AR now with the hopes of approval. Then I could open a deposit account with her as a joint owner.

What do you think would be my approval chances?
Accounts: 4/24, 0/12 and 0/6
AAoA: 5 yrs 11 mos
Inquiries TU: 6/12 and 3/6
TU Score: 783
Yikes! Applied and denied due to too many inquiries. Called to recon and awaiting results.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Yikes! Applied and denied due to too many inquiries. Called to recon and awaiting results.
6 inquiries in 12 months?
3 inquiries within the last 6 months?
That is an inquiry ever two months. You will not get approved at US Bank like that. Their algorithm is suspected to be at no more than one inquiry every six months. YMMV
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by guv1976
You only need to maintain a $300 daily balance in a US Bank Standard Savings account to avoid maintenance fees on that account.
Or just do this: https://www.usbank.com/bank-accounts...g-account.html

It's only a soft pull on your credit report.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by halamadrid
I received the bonus on the statement that followed meeting the MSR. In terms of tracking transactions I generally just keep it simple by only using the card for transactions that give me the 3X bonus (travel or mobile payments) so that the math is simple as the statement does not give you a breakdown per transaction and only the bonus received for each category. In terms of tracking individual transactions, even though it does not show the bonus like Amex, when you look at your transactions online (computer) there's a "More details" link underneath each transaction and when you click on it gives you more information. Within that window that pops up when you hit the "More details" link transactions made using a mobile wallet show "Digital Payment" and "Google Pay" underneath. For other mobile wallets I assume it would show "Samsung Pay" or "Apple Pay" depending on what you use. While this is not the same as showing the bonus, it at least shows you tracking as a mobile wallet payment and that you can expect the bonus to be reflected in your statement. In the end, if you do use your card for transactions that do not get the bonus then you are left with doing some extra math every month to make sure that everything is tracking properly.
I met the MSR before by first statement cut and got an email letting me know I'm getting the 50k points but still don't have them. I should get the points after my next statement cuts, then, not a full 8 weeks later?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
6 inquiries in 12 months?
3 inquiries within the last 6 months?
That is an inquiry ever two months. You will not get approved at US Bank like that. Their algorithm is suspected to be at no more than one inquiry every six months. YMMV
Still denied on recon. Spoke to UW and I was specifically told that either 2 or 3 inquiries in one year is too many to be approved for AR. Whether it's 2 or 3 depends on other factors in the persons report. They didn't elaborate on what the other factors are.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:02 am

Still denied on recon. Spoke to UW and I was specifically told that either 2 or 3 inquiries in one year is too many to be approved for AR. Whether it's 2 or 3 depends on other factors in the persons report. They didn't elaborate on what the other factors are.
That is what I have been told, at MAX 1 every 6 months. If you want approval push it out to 1 every 7 months.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
That is what I have been told, at MAX 1 every 6 months. If you want approval push it out to 1 every 7 months.
Yea this isn’t true. Wife and I were both auto approved with well over 5 new cards in prior 6 months. Granted this was about 5 months ago but I doubt things have changed.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:31 pm

Do you have a checking account with them? Or did you have no established banking relationship with them when you applied?
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:10 pm

Anyone know if toll fees like FasTrack is considered Travel? Would the Travel credits apply to these refills.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
Anyone know if toll fees like FasTrack is considered Travel? Would the Travel credits apply to these refills.
Toll fees are not considered travel.

Last edited by EasternTraveler; Nov 23, 2019 at 1:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.