Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2019, 2:31 pm

Just applied for this card in branch...in process...I opened a checking account 2 days ago and I have read somewhere that in branch application doesn’t require the waiting period...now I am concerned!
I was never rejected for a card (high credit score and only 3 personal cards opened last 2 years...one of them was last month though)
Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
Just applied for this card in branch...in process...I opened a checking account 2 days ago and I have read somewhere that in branch application doesn’t require the waiting period...now I am concerned!
I was never rejected for a card (high credit score and only 3 personal cards opened last 2 years...one of them was last month though)
I applied in branch checking and CC approved in four hours. I did have to call a couple of times to push for AR card.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jags86
Expedia supports payment via Apple Pay, so yes.
Why would it not be considered as straight travel? I mean its not like I can purchase anything else on it.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Why would it not be considered as straight travel? I mean its not like I can purchase anything else on it.
It may be, I just am not 100% certain that OTAs qualify under US Bank’s travel category. It is not as liberal as Chase or Citi.

If Apple Pay is an option I always go through that so I don’t have to worry about this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by briang191
I applied in branch checking and CC approved in four hours. I did have to call a couple of times to push for AR card.
Thanks. Which number did you call?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:10 pm

Thanks. Which number did you call?
I don't recall, it's been over a year.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Regarding OTAs - I specifically asked US Bank customer service about this and was told that bookings done online via OTA websites are not considered under travel category and will not earn 3x points. So if you want to book something under OTAs, make sure that you do it via the one which has an app and supports mobile wallet.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Question about train travel - did anyone use the card for train rides in Japan and got 3x points? I am arriving at Tokyo and then will be travelling to Nikko. Planning to get Nikko Pass which can be purchased at Tobu Railway office at Asakusa.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:57 am

Disappointing...made a phone call and they said they manually reviewed my application and rejected for multiple recent inquiries...first time I get rejected for a credit card in my life most of those inquiries are line increase or business card inquiries...I only have 3 personal credit cards in my report over the last 2 years...

Really disappointing...I have a strong credit score and never had a late payment or even carried a balance.

Not sure what to do now or when to re-apply or even close my checking account I opened just for this card...
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:03 am

In Hawaii, and trying to establish a relationship with USB for my wife so she can get the AR. I already have a USB biz card and so I'm eligible to open a checking/savings account, but she isn't. Does anyone know if it's possible for me to open a deposit account with USB, and then add my wife as a co-owner (remotely), to establish the relationship for her with the bank? And, that being said, would that be a sufficient relationship for her to apply for the AR? We're not planning on going to a USB branch anytime soon.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Disappointing...made a phone call and they said they manually reviewed my application and rejected for multiple recent inquiries...first time I get rejected for a credit card in my life most of those inquiries are line increase or business card inquiries...I only have 3 personal credit cards in my report over the last 2 years...

Really disappointing...I have a strong credit score and never had a late payment or even carried a balance.

Not sure what to do now or when to re-apply or even close my checking account I opened just for this card...
Yes the card is difficult to get. Get your bank branch manager to call recon for you.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by 808traveler
In Hawaii, and trying to establish a relationship with USB for my wife so she can get the AR. I already have a USB biz card and so I'm eligible to open a checking/savings account, but she isn't. Does anyone know if it's possible for me to open a deposit account with USB, and then add my wife as a co-owner (remotely), to establish the relationship for her with the bank? And, that being said, would that be a sufficient relationship for her to apply for the AR? We're not planning on going to a USB branch anytime soon.
What message does your wife get when she attempts to open a USB savings account on the bank's website?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:50 am

She was auto-denied at the last step. Also, when she tried to apply for a checking account, after inputting her zip code, USB popped up a message that said both savings and checking accounts were not available for our zip code.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by 808traveler
She was auto-denied at the last step. Also, when she tried to apply for a checking account, after inputting her zip code, USB popped up a message that said both savings and checking accounts were not available for our zip code.
A possible work-around is for your wife to first apply for a US Bank credit card that does not require a pre-existing banking relationship (such as the Radisson Rewards Visa). If she is approved for such a card, she could then wait a few months and apply for the AR card.

Edited to add: Other available US Bank credit cards can be found here:

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards.html
akr1970akr and 808traveler like this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
Yes the card is difficult to get. Get your bank branch manager to call recon for you.
How does that work? Any similar situations that worked? I am really new at US Bank and only opened a checking account on Sunday. Is it possible that they can do it online or I have to walk in to a branch? According to the person in reconsideration line that it was manually reviewed and rejected...

I know it might be a difficult card but as I said I was never rejected by a card before and got many difficult card before including CNB crystal infinite. I have a great credit score and never had a payment delay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.