Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Triathlete1
My annual fee is coming up in a few days when my statement cuts and I asked if I could product change my Altitude Reserve to a Flex Perks card and they said that the benefits are different and therefore there was no offer available. They did however offer me 15,000 points for a retention offer. I'll keep it for another year.
How much spend do you put on the card to get that high of a retention bonus?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by michael_v
What is the safest airline to book and cancel within 24 hours for the purpose of redeeming real-time rewards?
Any airline should be fine. However, I have found that I could request an Uber/Lyft ride and receive the text message to redeem RTR credit. Simply cancel the ride right away. You should be able to play with destinations to tweak the amount.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Any airline should be fine. However, I have found that I could request an Uber/Lyft ride and receive the text message to redeem RTR credit. Simply cancel the ride right away. You should be able to play with destinations to tweak the amount.
If you are constantly cancelling Uber rides, they are more likely to penalize your account than the airlines.

You have <5min with Uber and 24hrs with airlines.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:39 pm

With the recent gutting of City National Bank Visa Infinite Card, I guess I am returning back to my old US Bank Altitude as my soon to be sole premium card. I like the primary insurance on rental cars feature on this card. Anyone know if the priority pass (member + family) still works? Or is it member + 4 guests and 4 visits / yr? So for a family of four they could visit 4 x times / yr with no additional charge?
Old Nov 1, 2019, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by ymarker
With the recent gutting of City National Bank Visa Infinite Card, I guess I am returning back to my old US Bank Altitude as my soon to be sole premium card. I like the primary insurance on rental cars feature on this card. Anyone know if the priority pass (member + family) still works? Or is it member + 4 guests and 4 visits / yr? So for a family of four they could visit 4 x times / yr with no additional charge?
4 visits with a total of 4 guests however you spread it out. You can use it all at once or spread it out.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
gotta give some props to USB here, they have not monkeyed with the card since launch, and as competitors devalue, they've been pretty rock steady.

maybe some of that comes from USB AR being inhospitable to heavy MSers, if you follow the shutdown dps.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This card was introduced in Spring 2017. Chase's Sapphire Reserve is 8 months older, and also substantially unchanged.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by mia
This card was introduced in Spring 2017. Chase's Sapphire Reserve is 8 months older, and also substantially unchanged.
There were some tweaks - lost 900 points on travel, price protection and limited to 2 guests per PP visit.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by mrcaptain
How much spend do you put on the card to get that high of a retention bonus?
I got a 15k point retention bonus and I put just over 15k on my card last year.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:47 am

I don't understand why everyone got such a low offer? I was offered 15k points and I don't have a checking or savings any longer with USB.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by ymarker
You can visit once with family of 4 - 1 primary + 3 guests, then you will have 1 primary and 1 guest left.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by yugi
You can visit once with family of 4 - 1 primary + 3 guests, then you will have 1 primary and 1 guest left.
Wouldn't you have three primary and one guest visit remaining?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yugi
There were some tweaks - lost 900 points on travel, price protection and limited to 2 guests per PP visit.
CSR had some more tweaks, but this card also never had price protection and severely limits your overall priority pass visits. In this case, I would take the CSR changes.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wouldn't you have three primary and one guest visit remaining?
Yes, my bad.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Super Mario
CSR had some more tweaks, but this card also never had price protection and severely limits your overall priority pass visits. In this case, I would take the CSR changes.
This card is $75 cheaper and has much better categories, but it's a cashback only card. I have both of them. If I had to have only one card, I would choose AR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.