Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Old Oct 10, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Information about MM account and autopay feature

Heads up to everyone who has both Altitude and MM account with US Bank and uses MM account to pay CC balances automatically.

As you know, you have an option to schedule automatic - one final and three weekly payments for your CC from US Bank accounts, including the MM account. However, what you need to be aware, is following, quoting from email exchange from US Bank:

All financial institutions in the U.S., not just U.S. Bank, are governed by a series of Federal regulations. One of this is Federal Regulation D (Reg D). Reg D governs how funds can be transferred out of a savings account. Per Reg D, there's a limit of 6 times per service cycle that money can transferred electronically out of the account. A $15 non-refundable fee is assessed each time this limit is violated per service cycle. Federal regulations require that we provide a penalty for Reg D violation. As an example, if funds are moved 9 times in one service cycle, then there would be 3 $15.00 fees totaling $45.00. The following transactions are considered electronic ones:

* Transferring funds from the account either manually or as an automatic transfer for Overdraft Protection

* Over the phone with a banker.

* Paying a non-U.S. Bank account using the account and routing number.

Here's the transactions that don't count against that limit:

* Making the transfer at the branch with a teller or other banker

* At an ATM

* Making a payment to a U.S. Bank loan or line of credit

So making 4 scheduled transfers/payments using the account would leave 2 remaining. This account has a service cycle that ends on the 17th business (not calendar) day of the month. For October, that will be the 24th.

Please be aware that if a savings account violates Reg D 3 or more times in a rolling 12 month period, the account will be automatically closed, a new Easy Checking will be opened to replace and any funds in the account will be transferred to that new account.
I made two transfer to my MM account in addition to scheduled Altitude payments and got that letter.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
USB AR (Altitude) Retention Call Data Point

~12k normal mostly 3x bonused spend over last year + have a USB checking/savings a/c

no product changes available

5k pts to keep card open which I accepted.

call took 4min total, and was easy peasy

Citi Retention calls normally take me 20 min of baloney
Old Oct 13, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I am comparing this card to the UBS since no other Infinite Visa appears to be readily available anymore.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Does the Altitude make sense? Is there value wash on the AF?
There is a wash, especially if you get 5k retention, which basically erases the AF. If not, to break even against 2% CC, you need to spend $3k per year.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:51 pm

2nd year annual fee just kicked in - called in and was immediately offered 10,000 points as a retention bonus. I accepted.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by a330300
2nd year annual fee just kicked in - called in and was immediately offered 10,000 points as a retention bonus. I accepted.
Can you share what your spend / categories was like? Are you a USB customer for other products?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:15 pm

I recently got the card and working towards the 50,000 welcome bonus. Does the 325 statement credit deduct from the $4500 I have to spend? For example if I pay 500 dollars for a plane ticket does it count 500 towards that $4500 or only $175?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does anything other than Google/Samsung/Apple Pay count as a mobile wallet? E.g. Paypal?

Also, does it count if you use, say, Apple Pay through Safari, or Google Pay for the Play Store, or Paypal to pay a Progessive bill, or does it have to be from a mobile phone at a terminal in a store?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
Does anything other than Google/Samsung/Apple Pay count as a mobile wallet? E.g. Paypal?

Also, does it count if you use, say, Apple Pay through Safari, or Google Pay for the Play Store, or Paypal to pay a Progessive bill, or does it have to be from a mobile phone at a terminal in a store?
PayPal doesn't work from what I know. Apple pay through safari on mac does though.
Eurynom0s likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Eurynom0s

I paid my progressive bill with Google Pay online but I'm not positive about getting 3x points. The reason is other Samsung Pay transactions I paid offline has "Digital payment Samsung Pay" marked in transaction details, but nothing special is on this Progressive transaction.
I'll check again once the statement closes on 11/4
Snuupy and Eurynom0s like this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by mrcaptain
PayPal doesn't work from what I know. Apple pay through safari on mac does though.
I've never gotten PayPal to code up as 3x. I haven't tried in a while. It might be merchant specific.

There are reports of ApplePay / GooglePay working though.

At least when I look on desktop web checkouts it seems somewhat limited in how many merchants support that.

Sometimes people put things in a basket, and then try their phone based app for the merchant, and in those cases, sometimes ApplePay/GPay are available, when they weren't in desktop version.

I think the core issue is that unless merchants can be convinced that mobile wallets reduce their fraud losses more than their costs increases (since its another layer of payments middlemen) its going to take some time to get more adoption.

I hope Apple card will make this more common everywhere.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Question - if I make points+USD redemption via travel.usbank.com, will money paid for these reservation count as travel/3x purchases?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Something that may be common knowledge but Im really not well versed... Return Protection only works for items purchased in the United States. I attempted to use return protection on an item that was shipped from Australia and it was denied due to being purchased abroad. Of course theres no place to find the terms other than the hardcover copy they send you when you sign up so I have no way of verifying if that is really the case or not.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 7:11 pm

What is the safest airline to book and cancel within 24 hours for the purpose of redeeming real-time rewards?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:35 am

My annual fee is coming up in a few days when my statement cuts and I asked if I could product change my Altitude Reserve to a Flex Perks card and they said that the benefits are different and therefore there was no offer available. They did however offer me 15,000 points for a retention offer. I'll keep it for another year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.