US Bank Altitude Reserve Card

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 28, 20, 3:17 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rrgg
Wiki Link
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually in statement credits for eligible travel purchases
  • $400 annual fee
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 4 Priority Pass lounge visits for primary cardholder and 1 guest per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 14, 19, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by milesforhire View Post
They did not, nor did I receive travel credit for that purchase. Luckily most of the rest of my foreign travel purchases did count, so I'm not worried.
Once I hit MSR, I plan to use this card exclusively for mobile wallet purchases and not worry about the travel coding. Though I do want to use it for RTR, so I guess I will have to worry which US merchants I'm using it at to redeem points.
Only enable RTR on categories that pay $0.015 per point. If you haven’t used RTR before, it’s just a quick mental math calculation to figure out if the redemption is paying $0.01 or $0.015.
Old Jun 15, 19, 3:59 pm

$325 Travel Credit

For the Altitude card,Will the $325 travel credit work if I use it to checkout at my hotel stay? Say Hilton?
Old Jun 15, 19, 10:17 pm

What happens if “immediate Redeem by text”

Is not used? Can the travel charge be redeemed later online?
Old Jun 16, 19, 11:34 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Question - paying US National Park entrance fee is considered as travel related category?
Old Jun 16, 19, 11:36 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
Originally Posted by invisible View Post
Question - paying US National Park entrance fee is considered as travel related category?
highly doubtful. US bank is stricter then Chase and Citi when it comes to travel.

Google Altitude Reserve travel category and you should find a list of exactly what’s covered
Old Jun 16, 19, 11:59 am

Redeem by text -what happens if ignored?

Can the travel charge still be redeemed later?
Old Jun 18, 19, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by castcore View Post
Can the travel charge still be redeemed later?
I tried to redeem a charge once a month and a half later. It told me redemption period had expired. Digging through the terms, it says you have 24 hours to redeem.
milesforhire likes this.
Old Jun 19, 19, 10:28 am

So the only opportunity to redeem with the text link is within 24 hours, what about through the website? There must be another way as I have read here some people have issues receiving texts and such?

I am thinking over regarding applying for this and I know it’s a hard credit pull so I want to understand everything before I pull the trigger, thanks for all your advice!

Originally Posted by brc01 View Post
I tried to redeem a charge once a month and a half later. It told me redemption period had expired. Digging through the terms, it says you have 24 hours to redeem.

Last edited by mia; Jun 19, 19 at 10:38 am Reason: Formatting
Old Jun 19, 19, 1:06 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, AA, WN, BA, AS, TK, Radisson, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton
For the Altitude card,Will the $325 travel credit work if I use it to checkout at my hotel stay? Say Hilton?
Yes.
Old Jun 19, 19, 1:09 pm

So the only opportunity to redeem with the text link is within 24 hours, what about through the website? There must be another way as I have read here some people have issues receiving texts and such?

I am thinking over regarding applying for this and I know it’s a hard credit pull so I want to understand everything before I pull the trigger, thanks for all your advice!

You can redeem points for travel via USB portal at 1.5c each, but will not earn any points while doing this.
Old Jun 19, 19, 4:42 pm

Real Time rewards uses a different system than the standard U.S. Bank account alerts that requires a real mobile number or at least doesn't work with Google Voice. I've had no issues using my Google Voice # for Real Time rewards redemptions for well over a year. If you think you'll ever make a redemption while outside of the country and don't have an international plan, setting up Real Time rewards with a GV # would be essential.
Old Jun 19, 19, 5:36 pm

Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone know if you've "seasoned" the AR enough with organic spend that their "RAT" team won't notice if you eventually start buying GC's using mobile wallet? Any DP's out there?
Old Jun 19, 19, 10:49 pm

Banking existing relationship

Does anyone know if having a business CC with USB is a sufficient relationship to get the AR? I've got the Skypass biz card, and am interested in getting the AR.
Old Jun 21, 19, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by 3sgtekb View Post
Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone know if you've "seasoned" the AR enough with organic spend that their "RAT" team won't notice if you eventually start buying GC's using mobile wallet? Any DP's out there?
I bought GCs few times - Walmart, Costco, OD. Stay under $500, and make it non regular amount. I've bought few GCs during the MSR period too.
akr1970akr and 808traveler like this.
Old Jun 23, 19, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by 808traveler View Post
Does anyone know if having a business CC with USB is a sufficient relationship to get the AR? I've got the Skypass biz card, and am interested in getting the AR.
I don't think so.
milesforhire and 808traveler like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: