FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1834823-us-bank-altitude-reserve-card-2017-2023-a.html)

dukewake May 1, 2017 6:08 am

Originally Posted by gm9928 (Post 28251052)
I applied and was not approved "based on the information provided." They'll "follow up within 7-10 days" with a letter.
(I have a FlexPerks card with them and a checking account. The FlexPerks card for 9 months, the checking account for a few weeks.)

Waiting to hear other peoples experiences and who gets instant approvals...

I got a similar result, but just called recon. The rep said that the system didn't pick up my existing card (Club Carlson) for some reason, so she'd re-submit it for me and I'll have a decision in 1-2 business days.

dctech May 1, 2017 7:00 am

Instant approval $33K credit line. Lets see how long this lasts.

lincoln boy May 1, 2017 7:15 am

I applied and was not approved "based on the information provided." They'll "follow up within 7-10 days" with a letter.
(I have a FlexPerks card with them and a checking account. The FlexPerks card for 9 months, the checking account for a few weeks.)

The same thing happened to me. I have US bank's credit card. no checking account.

gm9928 May 1, 2017 7:30 am

Originally Posted by dukewake (Post 28251204)
I got a similar result, but just called recon. The rep said that the system didn't pick up my existing card (Club Carlson) for some reason, so she'd re-submit it for me and I'll have a decision in 1-2 business days.

Thanks for the tip! Did the same thing: called recon and the system hadn't picked up my existing card or bank account for some reason. Being re-submitted, with a decision in 1-2 days.

progapanda May 1, 2017 8:08 am

I got exactly the same message. Current Club Carlson consumer cardholder.

Stgermainparis May 1, 2017 8:21 am

There's no way to be logged in and get the Altitude application link. If I'm logged in and go to "products" and compare cards or whatever, the next screen shows logged out. And it keeps cycling that way.

tazdmb May 1, 2017 9:06 am

Just declined, have a car loan through them, but nothing else. Called and rep said I MUST have a Checking or Savings (Deposit) account with them.

gm9928 May 1, 2017 9:10 am

Originally Posted by tazdmb (Post 28251909)
Just declined, have a car loan through them, but nothing else. Called and rep said I MUST have a Checking or Savings (Deposit) account with them.

But their website specifically lists (among other accounts) "or Consumer Credit Card issued by U.S. Bank."

http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Stgermainparis May 1, 2017 9:13 am

Originally Posted by tazdmb (Post 28251909)

Originally Posted by gm9928 (Post 28251929)
But their website specifically lists (among other accounts) "or Consumer Credit Card issued by U.S. Bank."

http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Yes, I would call back. That's ridic. This is why I'm waiting to apply. Let them work out the kinks.

tazdmb May 1, 2017 9:16 am

Just called back again and pointed out there own terms, they will now re-evaluated and get back to me in 24 hours.. :confused:

CJS415 May 1, 2017 9:31 am

And then...a rare unicorn just walked by.

Radpad (paying rent with cc) codes as travel on many cards (CSP, CSR, and Amex), you can search Radpad on Flyertalk for more data points. There is also a feature on the mobile app to pay with Apple Pay or Android pay, making this a mobile wallet feature as well. Could you possibly get 6x points each month for one of your biggest monthly expenses? Dear God that would be amazing.

My rent is $3k a month, that's 18,000 points a month worth 1.5 cents a piece through their travel portal, grossing $270 each month in travel with a single purchase!!!!

Uh yeah, this card would definitely be worth it. Excuse me while I go open a US Bank account...

Crossing fingers!

CJS415 May 1, 2017 9:39 am

Originally Posted by CJS415 (Post 28252039)
And then...a rare unicorn just walked by.

Well that ended quickly, Customer Service said it would only multiply as travel or mobile wallet, not both. That sucks, oh well, back to the drawing board.

patrick.barnes May 1, 2017 10:11 am

Originally Posted by CJS415 (Post 28252077)
Well that ended quickly, Customer Service said it would only multiply as travel or mobile wallet, not both. That sucks, oh well, back to the drawing board.

It's USBank anyway. It'll be nerfed within a year. 3x on mobile wallet is unsustainable.

diesteldorf May 1, 2017 12:31 pm

Has anyone been able to confirm whether or not the annual fee is reduced to $299 if you are one of their WEALTH CUSTOMERS?

It was a rumor that had been posted on one of the other other travel sites.

gregsfortytwo May 1, 2017 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by CJS415 (Post 28252077)

Latest info anyway is that RadPad has both 1) stopped coding as travel and 2) is sending emails to those who use a Visa Infinite saying they'll have to pay a higher fee in following months to cover the extra interchange costs.