US Bank Altitude Reserve Card

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 9, 19, 9:32 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: yugi
Wiki Link
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually in statement credits for eligible travel purchases
  • $400 annual fee
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 4 Priority Pass lounge visits for primary cardholder and 1 guest per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 27, 17, 2:55 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by RobotsRock View Post
...: Had a 6.5 hour flight delay last weekend that would be covered, but had to get a statement from the airline...
You can still get the statement. Which airline?
Old Dec 28, 17, 9:50 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, United Gold
Originally Posted by mia View Post
You can still get the statement. Which airline?
Well I got it at the gate anyway since I had the booklet and read through it while waiting. Would have been easier with a PDF.

It was United. Posted about the delay on the UA thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29215086&postcount=796
Ended up getting meal vouchers anyway which covered our expenses to within $5 so not going to file anyway, but almost got stuck overnight in which case I certainly would have used the benefit.
Old Dec 28, 17, 10:06 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K
Can anyone confirm if Visa Checkout codes as 3x? I've seen mixed info on this and looking to possibly pay 2017 es taxes by visa checkout.
Old Dec 28, 17, 10:19 am

Can i buy AA gift card to use $350 annual travel credit? I'm sure it has been discussed somewhere here before but i couldn't find it.
Old Dec 29, 17, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by facula View Post
Does anyone have experience with converting FlexPerks to the Altitude card? I understand it is possible and that the online system allows a maximum transfer of 20k points per year, and you have to call in to transfer more. I also understand the current difference in value between FlexPerks (up to 0.02) and the Altitude points (fixed 0.015).

I have a bunch of FlexPerks expiring at the end of the month and no specific trips planned. I'm debating my options:
  1. Planning and booking a trip -- not ideal.
  2. Doing the Southwest cancel trick to at least preserve Southwest travel credits for another year -- also not ideal as the travel credits would be locked in to specific name(s) and have to be used within a year.
  3. Applying for the Altitude Reserve and transferring all of my FlexPerks over (which should eliminate the expiration for as long as I keep the Altitude card)

My questions:
  • Will I be able to transfer FlexPerks once my Altitude card is approved, or do I need the card in hand and activated?
  • Is there any maximum transfer limit when calling in?
  • Anything else I'm missing that will screw me up?
I went ahead and applied for the card, so answering my own questions for reference:
  • My application was hung up initially due to verification, but once it was approved, I had it in-hand in 2 business days so I just waited until then to transfer points. I don't know if there is a way to transfer points before having the card as the account number is the first thing the CSR asks for on the phone. The card appeared in my online account after approval but only displayed the last 4 digits of the card.
  • There is no transfer limit by phone, as confirmed by a CSR.
Overall, the CSRs were very good but I had one issue with an uninformed agent that told me transferring the FlexPerks would not keep them from expiring. She actually wanted to set up some sort of pooling system between the cards, so that is probably the difference, but she was explicit that I couldn't transfer to prevent expiration and that was clearly wrong. She wanted me to do a redemption before the points expired in 2 days. I did a HUCA and worked out the transfer with no problem.

There may be no dependence on this, but when you call the system says to press 1 to activate, 2 to get an agent. But if you press 1 it still takes you to an agent that can do other things in addition to activating the card. The first agent confirmed to me that I could transfer to save my points, but I didn't do it immediately and called back, pressing 2. That was the agent that told me incorrectly. I called again and pressed 1, and got the transfer done.
Old Dec 29, 17, 2:42 pm

The $325 credit works for Uber Eats FYI - great way to use the credit IMO, especially if you get the delivery fee off w/ referrals.
Old Jan 8, 18, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
US bank Altitude Reserve approval odds

New here, sorry if this isn’t in the right place.

My fiancé just app’d for the altitude reserve.

App went pending, she called underwriting. Who sent her to verification dept. talked to them and answered some questions. Kicked back to underwriting. They said 1-2 days and kept saying she would have the card by Friday.

After doing the application. It asked her for a balance transfer.

Do you think she was approved ?
Stats at app:
Scores 771 EXP , 755 Transunion. 745 EQ
Scores as of yesterday

Accounts: About 50K in Credit available.
Disco 6 months old. 8.5k limit 1500 balance. Carrying a balance at 0 APR.
BoA 2 months old. 7K limit 0 balance
US bank 5 months 4K limit 0 balance
Amex 4 months 22k 1 dollar balance
Cap 1 2.4 Years 9K 0 balance
Amex AU 2K 0 balance

Retail cards.
Wells Fargo Sleep Plus
4 months old. 5.5k limit
$962 balance

7 open student loans all 4-6 years old.
23.6k in student loan debt.
Highest single loan is 3.5k. Been making payments of them for 2 years now.

3 student loan that are closed and paid in full. Total of the 3 loans 36K. 12K.
She paid these off first because the interest rate was way higher.

Income : 65K
Age 24.
AAOA: 2.8 Years.
Old Jan 8, 18, 10:06 pm
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: Too many to list
Welcome to FT, Shadowfactor. I just moved your post to the appropriate thread. Will she be approved? Don't know. Asking about a balance transfer is probably a question everyone gets asked. Her AAoA is pretty short. Might be tough. Credit scoes are OK. Best of luck, though. And let us know what happens.
Old Jan 9, 18, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
She was approved. 5K limit. Not huge but in line with her current limits. Supposed to be getting the card tomorrow
Old Jan 14, 18, 10:31 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, AA, WN, BA, AS, Priceline, Radisson, Hyatt, IHG, Wyndham, Hilton
Originally Posted by BigYellowDog View Post
Can anyone confirm if Visa Checkout codes as 3x? I've seen mixed info on this and looking to possibly pay 2017 es taxes by visa checkout.
I don't think so. Visa checkout is not included in mobile wallets category which includes apple, Android, Samsung pay and Microsoft wallet.
Old Jan 16, 18, 12:43 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AS MVPG 75K
There's now a Visa Checkout integration with Android Pay and Samsung Pay. It's conceivable you might be able to use one of those two mobile payment services in conjunction with VC to trigger 3X. AFAIK nobody on this thread has ever tried it, however, and I don't have the card. If you've got an Android device somewhere, you might as well try a modest test payment...nothing to lose.
Old Jan 16, 18, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K
Originally Posted by milypan View Post
There's now a Visa Checkout integration with Android Pay and Samsung Pay. It's conceivable you might be able to use one of those two mobile payment services in conjunction with VC to trigger 3X. AFAIK nobody on this thread has ever tried it, however, and I don't have the card. If you've got an Android device somewhere, you might as well try a modest test payment...nothing to lose.
updating my previous questions. I transacted visa checkout through Samsung Pay and it, unfortunately, Does Not trigger the 3x bonus.
spamman808 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 18, 1:56 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AS MVPG 75K
updating my previous questions. I transacted visa checkout through Samsung Pay and it, unfortunately, Does Not trigger the 3x bonus.
Good to know. Hopefully at some point one or more of the payment processors will introduce true Apple Pay web support. Of course, who knows if this card will still be offering the same rewards structure by the time that happens.

It's funny that PayUSAtax.com specifically notes Samsung/Android Pay support via VC on https://www.irs.gov/payments/pay-tax...-or-debit-card. The optimistic interpretation is that they know there's demand for it. The pessimistic interpretation is that they are planning to just cheap out and use VC as their bridge for mobile payments.

Last edited by milypan; Jun 5, 18 at 4:38 pm
Old Jan 16, 18, 3:11 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, AA, WN, BA, AS, Priceline, Radisson, Hyatt, IHG, Wyndham, Hilton
Just checked as well. I did a test purchase of $25 GC from staples.com using Visa checkout and paid via Samsung pay. Didn't earn 3x.
Old Jan 25, 18, 9:48 am

Do you still need to be an existing US Bank customer in order to apply?

Are you an US Bank customer if you have the Elan Fidelity Visa?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: