Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2022, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by metcon123
Awesome! I didn't know this works. What if I had 10,000 points which would be equivalent to $150 (redeeming for flight) and the refundable ticket I purchase is more than $150? - Would RTR still trigger and I would pay the balance after $150 on my own? TIA!!
You have to have enough points to cover charge to get RTR triggered. You can't pay points and cash. Just buy a ticket that's 149 to be safe
Old Jun 12, 2022, 11:38 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
How one can see in the transactions list/detail if the particular transaction was done by using a mobile wallet or by using a physical card?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by invisible
How one can see in the transactions list/detail if the particular transaction was done by using a mobile wallet or by using a physical card?
Annoyingly you can't.

I calculate my points from the statement, to ensure everything has been coded correctly.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
All my transactions are via mobile wallet, if I can't make it on a rare occasion, I just use a different card.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I use Google Pay for my mobile-wallet transactions. On the Google Pay app, there is a tab labeled, "Activity," which lets me see the charges I made via Google Pay over the past 60 days.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
I use Google Pay for my mobile-wallet transactions. On the Google Pay app, there is a tab labeled, "Activity," which lets me see the charges I made via Google Pay over the past 60 days.
I clearly can remember when I used a physical card vs apple pay. But this approach is not working if you have a card issued to your family members so they have both the physical card and added it to their digital wallets. Now once someone makes a payment, getting understand how the payment was made is getting difficult.

It was not always the case - I remember a year or so ago on the portal it was possible to see the details of the transaction, including the method how it was made.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:23 pm

Partially answering my own question - if you go to transaction details on the portal, you will see Method. It can have following values

Card Swiped - when the physical card was used using a magnetic strip reader (need to confirm)
Chip card reader - then either mobile wallet was used or physical card was used by inserting it into a chip reader
Manually Entered - when the card's number was used online or the digital wallet was used within app purchase (like Expedia/eBay/etc when you pay with a digital wallet within the app).

As you can see, only the first case clearly gives you an answer to how the card was used. In the other two cases, it is a guessing game...

Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:57 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Partially answering my own question - if you go to transaction details on the portal, you will see Method. It can have following values

Card Swiped - when the physical card was used using a magnetic strip reader (need to confirm)
Chip card reader - then either mobile wallet was used or physical card was used by inserting it into a chip reader
Manually Entered - when the card's number was used online or the digital wallet was used within app purchase (like Expedia/eBay/etc when you pay with a digital wallet within the app).

As you can see, only the first case clearly gives you an answer to how the card was used. In the other two cases, it is a guessing game...

Correct, with the caveat that "Card Swiped" may also refer to Samsung Pay in MST mode. So I suppose all 3 cases have some ambiguity.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by cbn42
Correct, with the caveat that "Card Swiped" may also refer to Samsung Pay in MST mode. So I suppose all 3 cases have some ambiguity.
But Samsung Pay in MST mode earns 3x points, no?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
But Samsung Pay in MST mode earns 3x points, no?
Yes, it does.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I thought the use of dining for the travel credit was only for last year, but I am still getting it and have used up my 325 with restaurants charges.
MDtR-Chicago likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I thought the use of dining for the travel credit was only for last year, but I am still getting it and have used up my 325 with restaurants charges.
it used to be temporary but they now allow the 325 for restaurants permanently!
MDtR-Chicago likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by mrcaptain
it used to be temporary but they now allow the 325 for restaurants permanently!
What about all the other cards, citi, amex, etc... did they go permanent too?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:24 am

Can someone clarify when/if hotel/car rental charges are going to get RTR and $325 credit?

I have a reservation with Holiday Inn I made online several weeks ago for the first week of July. Several days ago Holiday Inn charged the car for the whole stay and then these charges were posted. The charge is $422.
While I was told that hotel charges are qualified for $325 credit, there was nothing posted as a credit on the card. While a dining charge for $16 posted a day later already got the credit. And I did not get any RTR for Holiday Inn either.

Then, there is a rental car - I currently have Hertz rental going on with a total charge of $190. I am convinced that I won't see either $325 nor RTR with this one either...

Do you have the same situation?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:12 am

Annual fee came due, called and was immediately offered 10k points for staying, no spend requirement.
808traveler likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.