FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1834823-us-bank-altitude-reserve-card-2017-2023-a.html)

0geek May 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by aviationwiz (Post 28293670)
I did notice the portal doesn't have Johannesburg (JNB) as an option for flights... not exactly an obscure one either. It does have just about every other South African airport I searched for though.

They also don't have AUH or DXB. Yet they have Seychelles (SEZ). Was hoping to use points to book AUH-SEZ. What makes it even worse is that they have AUH as an airport when looking up hotels :/

gnomey May 10, 2017 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by 0geek (Post 28294921)
They also don't have AUH or DXB. Yet they have Seychelles (SEZ). Was hoping to use points to book AUH-SEZ. What makes it even worse is that they have AUH as an airport when looking up hotels :/

Portal = fail

I was also initially excited about using points to buy air ticket from portal. But after my experience with Merrill+ (dont allow mixed cabin awards e.g., cannot be business class in departing segment, economy in return segment) , Go Far Rewards, and now hearing abt what happen with US Bank's, it is as if they are trying to make it difficult for us to purchase.

Perhaps calling CSR to complain will lead to something else.

aviationwiz May 10, 2017 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by livestrongforever (Post 28294137)
One thing I noticed is that after the transaction posts to my account, I noticed that some transactions start with "Samsung Pay" while others dont, although they were clearly with samsung pay.

None of my Apple Pay transactions denote them being Apple Pay like they do on my Amex cards either. I guess we'll see when the first statements cut!

billybobson1402 May 10, 2017 10:13 pm

My first statement actually posted today...not sure why so early. I had 1 Android Pay tx at staples that posted in time. No indication anywhere that it is a mobile wallet payment, however I did receive the bonus points in the statement.

jeffersun May 10, 2017 11:06 pm

$325 travel credit posted same day as hotel charge cleared, at least that's easy!

dchoe May 11, 2017 9:44 am

Looks like you can't set the cash advance limit to 0 on this card

patrick.barnes May 11, 2017 10:50 am

Originally Posted by dchoe (Post 28298209)

Most issuers will only set the CA limit to a minimum of $20 now. Unclear why.

AFAM-DFW May 11, 2017 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by dchoe (Post 28298209)

when I called in to customer service, they said the CA limit could not be lowered period.

If if you find a way to lower yours, please post how.

st0ne May 11, 2017 5:51 pm

Looks like my card got shutdown.

I am able to login but can't access reward portal anymore, also card removed from Android Pay and can't be added back again.

Only 3x500 ms last week from wfm(paid with phone), cvs and safeway(chip), mixed with regular spendings.

dchoe May 11, 2017 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW (Post 28299664)
when I called in to customer service, they said the CA limit could not be lowered period.

If if you find a way to lower yours, please post how.

yep, they said it was fixed to 25% of CL

tazdmb May 12, 2017 9:34 am

My card was just shut down also, I called they said "suspicious activity" regarding CVS and using to bypass cash advance fees. I got the 4,500 spend in but wonder if i will ever get a single point.

Schutzee May 12, 2017 4:51 pm

I currently have both personal and business Flex Perks and Club Carlson cards I applied for the Altitude card and was declined. I called the recon line and they said I had too much existing credit with US Bank. We lowered one card by $20,000 and she resubmitted it saying that would do the trick. Called again today and was told I was still declined :confused: Wasted a hard pull :mad:

jeffersun May 12, 2017 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by tazdmb (Post 28302951)
My card was just shut down also, I called they said "suspicious activity" regarding CVS and using to bypass cash advance fees. I got the 4,500 spend in but wonder if i will ever get a single point.

Any other USB cards? Total shutdown? Did you only use mobile pay or did you swipe any GCs?

milypan May 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by livestrongforever (Post 28294137)
Hmm Started using my Samsung pay everywhere I go now with my USBANK Altitude card.

The vast majority of my brick-and-mortar spending is in restaurants, which I already earn 3x pts on with CSR, so I don't care too much about getting extra points for contactless payment.

What I am interested to see is what happens when Android Pay/Samsung Pay integrate with Visa Checkout, likely later this year. Will those payments count as mobile wallet payments? If so this could get interesting. I have no desire to use an Android phone, but if it codes as mobile wallet I'd be willing to buy a cheap Android device just to use at Visa Checkout sites...

CJS415 May 13, 2017 9:50 pm

Radpad has a feature that allows Apple Pay to be used, triple points for most likely your biggest monthly expense (if you rent), that's no bad at all. I just opened a US Bank account, so I have to wait at least 35 days before even attempting to apply. Fingers crossed though.