Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alliant CU VISA, 3% cash 1st yr, then 2.5% (Capped). Fee waived 1st year.

Alliant CU VISA, 3% cash 1st yr, then 2.5% (Capped). Fee waived 1st year.

Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by NeGourmand
Anyone have experience pushing payment from another bank checking account?
I could be mis-remembering, but I'm 90% sure I tried doing a push payment with BofA billpay to see if it made any difference in the credit line becoming available again and it made no difference (still took a week).
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
I have two questions on this card. I am considering applying for it.

1) How long does it take for the cash back to get credited to either your statement or savings account after requesting it?

2) I have read their online system is not top notch. Can I still set up auto payments on the card to pay in full every month (from an outside bank).

I would like like this to become my primary Card because of the cash back. But I need it to be reliable. 55k spending per year.

Thanks
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by flyou10
I have two questions on this card. I am considering applying for it.

1) How long does it take for the cash back to get credited to either your statement or savings account after requesting it?

2) I have read their online system is not top notch. Can I still set up auto payments on the card to pay in full every month (from an outside bank).

I would like like this to become my primary Card because of the cash back. But I need it to be reliable. 55k spending per year.

Thanks
1) 2-3 days if requesting to your Alliant checking or savings account. On the next statement if requesting a statement credit (obviously, you'll want to do it as a deposit into your Alliant checking or savings account)

2) You're correct that the online system is not top notch. You can only have one bank set up as an outside payment account (for me that's a big drawback but may not be for you). You can of course set up payments to be sent from your bank account to Alliant but many banks don't seem to have an electronic relationship and instead will mail a paper check for your payment. I don't have it set up this way personally, but there is an option for setting up a recurring payment that states "Pay your Alliant Credit Card bill automatically every month using either fixed amount that you specify the current balance, outstanding balance or your minimum payment, which is based on your current balance for each monthly statement."

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
That was a huge help, Thank you.

That’s the only “external” thing I do is pay the credit card (and only from one account). Every other bill that I have on it, is charged monthly from the source (like any other normal credit card charge).

I think I am going to have to get signed up for the credit union and see if I can’t get this card.
danpeake likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: Several dozen
A Charity Case

Anyone introducing Alliant for microlending? Since Ethical Bank stopped 6%, anyone using Alliant 3%? Any issues? Don't bore the RATs here with any details - the greedy vermin want to steal our cheese.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: Marriott - Titanium, AA - Lifetime Gold
I am unable to use Quicken to download transactions any more.
Been using Quicken for past years but last week it stopped.
Any idea what's up with Alliant?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:11 pm

Applied last week and got denied

Reasons cited is
- number of recently opened new credit accounts
- amount of existing credit lines already opened

Has anyone been successful in calling recon (what number??) and overturning the decision?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by bodiddely
I received a warning letter from Alliant yesterday. Basically they said they did a review of my account and found the activity was not consistent with personal/household usage and went into how it shouldn't be used for business purposes. Concluded by saying they reserve the right to continually review accounts and may close it if they continue to see it used for business purposes.

Have been doing 70-90k/month on it since about August; previously had been doing 20k since I got the card in March (my CL at the time - got it bumped to 30k at my 6 month anniversary; no cycling until Aug).

Any else get the letter? If so, what's your volume like and what is your CL?
Just received this same letter the other day. About 20-30k average monthly volume, especially in the last 3 months.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Is cash back earned on calendar month or per statement? I only received about a third of the cash back based on spend last statement. It does however line up fairly closely to charges posted on or before 1/30. Others have earned with GC/GCM purchases right?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by billybobson1402
Just received this same letter the other day. About 20-30k average monthly volume, especially in the last 3 months.
I haven't received the letter as of yet, but I put a decent amount of spend on it monthly. About $10-15k. However, my purchases are all reselling, no GCs.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:41 pm

Is anyone able to billpay this card. I've tried both alliant and visa billpays and it gives an error message. Just got the card a week ago. Seems like an odd number.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Originally Posted by cdog999
Is anyone able to billpay this card. I've tried both alliant and visa billpays and it gives an error message. Just got the card a week ago. Seems like an odd number.
We were late to the party and it's over. I got mine recently and after initial success with GC/GCM, it's now coding as 0% cash back. This is discussed on Frequent Milier and DOC. I'm pretty annoyed that I paid several hundred dollars to buy and liquidate VGCs the last 3 weeks. It really feels like a bait and switch. I doubt that a CFPB complaint would go far though.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by NeGourmand
We were late to the party and it's over. I got mine recently and after initial success with GC/GCM, it's now coding as 0% cash back. This is discussed on Frequent Milier and DOC. I'm pretty annoyed that I paid several hundred dollars to buy and liquidate VGCs the last 3 weeks. It really feels like a bait and switch. I doubt that a CFPB complaint would go far though.
Agree but I still have to pay this bill and I'm surprised this card can't be billpayed.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by cdog999
Agree but I still have to pay this bill and I'm surprised this card can't be billpayed.
Try billpay from credit union accounts. Works for me from multiple CU accounts.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by gw14
Try billpay from credit union accounts. Works for me from multiple CU accounts.
I've tried the following from Walmart Billpay
- Visa
- Alliant Credit Union
- Credit Union Financial Services

They all come back with
'Oops, we're having temporary system issues. Please try back soon.'

This is the error I get when you've done more than 5 in rolling 30 days, but this is a brand new card, so I have yet to do a billpay with my Alliant card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.