Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alliant CU VISA, 3% cash 1st yr, then 2.5% (Capped). Fee waived 1st year.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alliant CU VISA, 3% cash 1st yr, then 2.5% (Capped). Fee waived 1st year.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by esf
It also doesn't earn CB on foreign transactions, which makes its no FTF worthless.
Yeah, the language was a bit unclear to me, so I emailed Alliant credit union to clarify. This was their response:

"The 1% visa international transaction fee that is charged is not eligible for cash back. Only the actual purchase would be eligible for the cash back. "

I guess there is a standard 1% credit card fee for converting to foreign currency, they simply don't give cash back on that fee. So you end up netting 2% first year, and 1.5% after that on purchases in other countries. This is better than any other CC that I know of.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:46 am

Has Alliant been pulling TU for folks who applied for this 3% card?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
Has Alliant been pulling TU for folks who applied for this 3% card?
Credit sesame reported that Alliant pulled my TU 2 days ago and opened a new account. Anyway I have this card since March.

I called them asking about it and they saw nothing wrong with me account no unusual activity.

hmmmmm I might call again and asked if they did a credit pull on me and what was that for.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 5:41 pm

Anyone that has this card and authorized user on it know if they get card with same # or different #?
Old Dec 9, 2017, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Stivelio
Anyone that has this card and authorized user on it know if they get card with same # or different #?
My Alliant AU card arrived yesterday. Has the same number. Why do you ask?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:02 pm

Am I correct to say that this is a chip & signature card (as opposed to chip & pin)? I don't believe I ever received a PIN number for this card.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by ChosenGSR
Am I correct to say that this is a chip & signature card (as opposed to chip & pin)? I don't believe I ever received a PIN number for this card.
Yes, it's chip and signature.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:39 pm

I received a warning letter from Alliant yesterday. Basically they said they did a review of my account and found the activity was not consistent with personal/household usage and went into how it shouldn't be used for business purposes. Concluded by saying they reserve the right to continually review accounts and may close it if they continue to see it used for business purposes.

Have been doing 70-90k/month on it since about August; previously had been doing 20k since I got the card in March (my CL at the time - got it bumped to 30k at my 6 month anniversary; no cycling until Aug).

Any else get the letter? If so, what's your volume like and what is your CL?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:31 am

Hmm, I was worried about this. I've been only doing around 20-30k/month since May. Haven't received anything as of yet.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by bodiddely
I received a warning letter from Alliant yesterday. Basically they said they did a review of my account and found the activity was not consistent with personal/household usage and went into how it shouldn't be used for business purposes. Concluded by saying they reserve the right to continually review accounts and may close it if they continue to see it used for business purposes.

Have been doing 70-90k/month on it since about August; previously had been doing 20k since I got the card in March (my CL at the time - got it bumped to 30k at my 6 month anniversary; no cycling until Aug).

Any else get the letter? If so, what's your volume like and what is your CL?
"doing 70-90k/month?" Good lord! I need to step up my game!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:48 pm

Their rewards website is thoroughly confusing. When selecting Checking/Savings there is a textbox for account number. Don't they know my account number? Why should I need to type it in. Does anyone know how long it takes for the "Statement Credit" to post to your account?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by ChosenGSR
Their rewards website is thoroughly confusing. When selecting Checking/Savings there is a textbox for account number. Don't they know my account number? Why should I need to type it in. Does anyone know how long it takes for the "Statement Credit" to post to your account?
You’ll want to select checking or savings account - you’ll get your money in 2-3 days usually. You enter your full Alliant checking or savings account number (NOT your member number).

A statement credit takes 1-2 billing cycles to post.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake

You’ll want to select checking or savings account - you’ll get your money in 2-3 days usually. You enter your full Alliant checking or savings account number (NOT your member number).

A statement credit takes 1-2 billing cycles to post.
1-2 billing cycles? So we're talking a couple of months? YIKES.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:15 am

Another thing I noticed there doesn't seem to be a way to pay out of savings? Not only are you restricted to one payment account but when you setup your payment account you're required to provide a checking account, then optionally a savings account. When you go to pay the checking is selected by default and there doesn't seem to be a way to select savings.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Anyone have experience pushing payment from another bank checking account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.