Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 7:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
BofA will do a HP but it won't appear on your personal CR.
To clarify, the inquiry (hard pull) will appear on your personal credit report, but the new business card account will not.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
If I apply for this 70k offer biz card, is there a hard pull that would impact my score? and will it show in my personal report?
FWIW IME. Based on my address in NY and free available data from CreditKarma and Chase Credit Journey. 4 different BOA Alaska biz card accounts in the past 16 months and ~20 other cards in the past 2 years (including a bunch of AmEx for which as an existing customer there may not have been a hard pull). Hard pulls (numbers, requestor, provider, etc.) are one of, perhaps the only, aspect of this game that I do NOT obsess about; hence no paid tracking services, less due diligence and fewer details although just from a general obsessive point of view I do wish Chase would similarly to AmEx NOT do a hard pull for existing customers .

My Chase Credit Journey (Experian) information shows 12 “Credit checks” or “New Inquiry(s)”, mostly from JPMCB (including 2 the same day that I applied for 2 Chase biz cards and a Chase personal card) and 2 from Lexus/Toyota/Local Lexus Dealer on consecutive days for the same car lease.

My Credit Karma Transunion information shows 5 “Hard inquiries”, one on the same date as each BOA biz application (including “this 70k offer biz card” a week ago) and one on the same date as a Barclays biz application. My Credit Karma Equifax information shows 0 “Hard inquiries”.

AFAICT I’ve not suffered any adverse consequences (of too many inquiries), no declines due to “too many inquiries”. For some Chase applications recently the final online application message was “pending” or “under review” prompting a call to “recon” with approval upon CL reallocation and no discussion of inquiries during a 3 - 30 minute phone call, unsure if those “pending(s)” might also have been related to “too many inquiries”. I don’t know if and how my overall scores (all 3 well over 800) have been impacted.
atcanobbio likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:08 am
mia

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
....no declines due to “too many inquiries”.....
Recent counterexample here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34510061-post576.html
hurnik likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
… no declines due to “too many inquiries” ...
Originally Posted by mia
Recent counterexample …
I understand that “too many inquiries” may be a concern for some people, I merely wrote, in direct reply to “impact my score”, that AFAICT it’s not been an issue for me. (I haven’t applied for a Citi card, as per the counterexample, for over 5 years, since Citi terminated (IIRC) Hilton cards and high velocity churning of AA and Hilton cards.)
Old Aug 23, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Enrique Shockwave
Applied for Biz card a couple days ago to get the 60k bonus. Applied as sole proprietorship, used SSN, same address/phone/etc as personal, and business started this month with $0 revenue. Yesterday I got an email asking for docs:
  • Proof of business ownership or authorization to borrow on behalf of the business (e.g. corporate resolution, organization's meeting minutes, articles of incorporation, articles of organization or certificate of incorporation).
  • Verification of the legal structure of the business. Verification may include Articles of Inc/Articles of Org/Cert of Trade Name/Partnership agreement. For Non-Profit, provide primary mission (U.S or International) & legal classification (e.g. 501(c)(3)).
  • The two most recent accountant prepared, year-end business financial statements/tax returns
  • Your two most recent years of federal personal tax returns with all schedules. If you filed a tax extension, please provide a copy of your most recent W2 forms or, for sole proprietorships, an internally prepared year-end profit and loss statement.
I've never been asked for the first two on a sole proprietorship biz card application, third would be N/A as a new business. At least I can provide two years of personal returns. Going to upload my tax returns and call to make sure I don't actually need the first three things to move forward.

Coincidentally today I received a targeted mailer for the Alaska personal card with 60k bonus. If I had waited a day I could've avoided all this

10/25 update - Finally got an update today - declined due to insufficient deposits with BoA. Data points: 800+ FICO, my W2s reflect a 6 figure income, low personal credit utilization, I have an existing Chase Biz card with medium utilization and no derogatories, and this was an application for a sole proprietorship business account with start date of Oct 2021 with $0 revenue.
Applied for BofA Alaska Biz last week and went pending. Called recon and agent said my app was declined initially but upon further review, asked for exactly the 4 items what Enrique posted above.

Sole Prop; 4 years, >$150K income (i.e. W2), non-US citizen but US resident.

Anyone have similar DPs recently in light of what seems like 'easier' approvals for a lot of people?

Any tips on what to send? I imagine just personal tax returns for their ask of personal + business, and verification of structure/proof of ownership would just my my Social?
Old Aug 23, 2022, 10:52 am
mia

Originally Posted by onetouchpass
Sole Prop; ....verification of structure/proof of ownership would just my my Social?
Did you apply using a company name other than your own name, with no extra words added?
onetouchpass likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Did you apply using a company name other than your own name, with no extra words added?
Nope, textbook Sole Prop application. My legal name = biz name. No DBA
Old Aug 23, 2022, 12:12 pm

Just got instantly approved for the Biz card (40k miles & $200 credit deal).

I'm 7/24, with a genuine LLC, and also currently have another Biz Alaska card that's almost exactly a year old (I'm planning to close it soon before the annual fee hits).
Old Aug 24, 2022, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Applied for BofA Alaska Biz last week and went pending. Called recon and agent said my app was declined initially but upon further review, asked for exactly the 4 items what Enrique posted above.

Anyone have similar DPs recently in light of what seems like 'easier' approvals for a lot of people?

Any tips on what to send? I imagine just personal tax returns for their ask of personal + business, and verification of structure/proof of ownership would just my my Social?
I have never been auto approved for the AS business card. They always ask for the 4 items above (#1850) and I refuse to send them a copy of the Tax returns.
However, my wife is always auto approved for the Business card (same business). She usually reapplies every 24 months or so. Makes no sense to me.
EmailKid and onetouchpass like this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by philemer
I have never been auto approved for the AS business card. They always ask for the 4 items above (#1850) and I refuse to send them a copy of the Tax returns.
However, my wife is always auto approved for the Business card (same business). She usually reapplies every 24 months or so. Makes no sense to me.
Don’t think it makes sense to anyone. Just thinking out loud, absolutely no criticism intended. I’m wondering how much it might have to do with #1: repetitive Alaska biz applications and #2: the exact type and duration of business.

I’ve written, most recently post #1843 above, that even with notional biz credentials and biz income approaching zero (I’m retired for a few years, thinking about returning to work occasionally) I’ve been approved for four Alaska biz cards in the past year and a half. The first application went pending/under review, required a very short preemptive recon phone call, last three applications, to my great amazement, have been instant approvals. Each card with minimal, if any, use after minimum spend.

FWIW, all 4 applications have been sole proprietor, using first name and last name (no middle initial or name), no DBA, healthcare/general physician/doctors offices, over 30 years in business, biz address same as personal address, biz income approximately the same as my earned income the last couple of years that I worked part time, total income approximately the same as my total income (earned and investment) a couple of years ago.

Again, just thinking out loud. I’ve not had to undergo any interrogations or play 4 or 20 questions to get these cards approved and wondering if it might be related to certain aspects of the application.
onetouchpass likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:22 am

Called back into recon and asked the agent if I could have a small credit limit to start my relationship with BofA. Had put in $10K into my existing personal savings account earlier to see if that could help.

Agent insisted on sending over the required docs.

He said I can send personal tax returns with a note stating that they're combined personal + business.

And for the verification of business structure/proof of ownership or whatever, he needed documentation as if I'd verified with the state that I'm a registered business.

I've decided to abandon the application as I don't have that.

Pulled back my $10K plus a bit more lol
Old Aug 25, 2022, 7:28 am
mia

And for the verification of business structure/proof of ownership or whatever, he needed documentation as if I'd verified with the state that I'm a registered business.

I've decided to abandon the application as I don't have that.
The agent you speak with on the phone is not a decision maker. That documentation is available only if you are using a company name. There's typically no need to "register" is using your own name, and the bank knows this. I would just ignore that part and submit your tax return. Do you file a Schedule C?
Old Aug 25, 2022, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by mia
The agent you speak with on the phone is not a decision maker. That documentation is available only if you are using a company name. There's typically no need to "register" is using your own name, and the bank knows this. I would just ignore that part and submit your tax return. Do you file a Schedule C?
Interesting, thank you; and no Schedule C. I don't know what that is.

As an SP, I applied with the approach that my W2 employment/work expenses associated with it is my 'business'.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 8:03 am
mia

....Schedule C. I don't know what that is.
IRS Schedule C is the form on which one would report business income and expenses.

Historically, reimbursable work expenses were a legitimate use of a Business card, but these days I think issuers are looking for evidence of a separate business.
onetouchpass likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:18 pm

Missed spend required misinformed

Customer agent told me I met the spend after 45 days. I found out I didn’t by calling back a billing cycle after the 90 day period. They said I was misinformed but nothing they can do.

was the spend requirement ever 2000? I dont k ow how they got that but I remember seeing it as well.

Last edited by Fliesonby; Aug 30, 2022 at 7:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.