Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
For the $200 statement credit, we do not need to do anything extra (e.g make an Alaska Air purchase, etc.) beside the $2000 spend, right? Can someone please confirm? Thanks.
My sign-up offer was Alaska miles but it should be similar. They were very prompt and I didn't need to do anything. I'd think a statement credit would be even more of a sure thing since it's all just B of A rather than having to communicate something over the Alaska.
asdfghjk likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
For the $200 statement credit, we do not need to do anything extra (e.g make an Alaska Air purchase, etc.) beside the $2000 spend, right? Can someone please confirm? Thanks.
Correct. And enjoy your 40K miles too.
asdfghjk likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Ugh. Long time BofA client. I opened an Alaska biz card a year ago (40k+$200 offer). A few days ago, I decided to open another Alaska biz card (40k +$200 offer) and got instant approval. New account showed up online. Yesterday, I called in using the credit card number (2021 account) to close it since I decided not to renew. Agent said no problem and said AF would be credited back to the account. This morning when I checked account online, the new account had vanished while the 2021 account (the one I requested closed) was still there. Sure enough, when I called BofA, agent confirmed that yes agent closed my new account instead of the 2021 account I was trying to close. She said that I have to call the credit department on Monday to request it be reinstated (and apparently another hard pull). Since I entered the cc number of the account I wanted to close, it didn’t occur to me that the new account is the one that the agent may have pulled up. Let’s see what happens on Monday.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:53 am

I was curious about this as well. My referral to P2 is for 40k miles and $200 statement credit, with the following information about credit: "You will also qualify for a $200 statement credit if you use your new credit card account to make at least one eligible Alaska Airlines Net Purchase(s) that posts to your account, and make total purchases of $2,000 or more (exclusive of any fees, including the annual fee, returns and adjustments) within the first 90 days of opening your account."

I'm wondering if I we should purchase a refundable AS flight to get the statement credit, then cancel the flight which will give us a travel credit for a future AS flight. Would there be a better way to get the $200 credit?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by churning4BKK
I was curious about this as well. My referral to P2 is for 40k miles and $200 statement credit, with the following information about credit: "You will also qualify for a $200 statement credit if you use your new credit card account to make at least one eligible Alaska Airlines Net Purchase(s) that posts to your account, and make total purchases of $2,000 or more (exclusive of any fees, including the annual fee, returns and adjustments) within the first 90 days of opening your account."

I'm wondering if I we should purchase a refundable AS flight to get the statement credit, then cancel the flight which will give us a travel credit for a future AS flight. Would there be a better way to get the $200 credit?
I read the offer details for the business card but do not see the information above. Hopefully that doesn't apply to my card because I have no use for AS credit.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 2:07 pm

I read the offer details for the business card but do not see the information above. Hopefully that doesn't apply to my card because I have no use for AS credit.
I just read the biz card offer details and it is just a $200 credit applied for hitting MSR (along with the miles), interesting. Looks like it is a different offer than the personal, though my question still stands for the best way to get the personal $200 credit without currently needing to fly on AS.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask my question... apologies in advance if it's not.

I have two Alaska cards, one Signature and one Cash Rewards. I have not used the Cash Rewards card in 2 years so they will be closing it if I do not use it soon. Will they allow me to transfer the credit line to the Signature card if I call to close it? I have not been in this situation in a long time and was wondering if you all had any recent experience with this. Cheers!
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
Ugh. Long time BofA client. I opened an Alaska biz card a year ago (40k+$200 offer). A few days ago, I decided to open another Alaska biz card (40k +$200 offer) and got instant approval. New account showed up online. Yesterday, I called in using the credit card number (2021 account) to close it since I decided not to renew. Agent said no problem and said AF would be credited back to the account. This morning when I checked account online, the new account had vanished while the 2021 account (the one I requested closed) was still there. Sure enough, when I called BofA, agent confirmed that yes agent closed my new account instead of the 2021 account I was trying to close. She said that I have to call the credit department on Monday to request it be reinstated (and apparently another hard pull). Since I entered the cc number of the account I wanted to close, it didn’t occur to me that the new account is the one that the agent may have pulled up. Let’s see what happens on Monday.

BOA Biz is "different". Very hard to communicate with or get things done. I also had to let an Alaska csr find my SUB points at BOA for me and get them credited. BOA had said they were there for months and never transferred them.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
tassojunior, thank you. We don’t frequent many of the same discussions (threads) but your posts on this thread remind me of about 12 years ago when I was a reader of FT without an account. At the time I was concerned about no recent USAir activity and the possibility of losing my accumulated USAir miles. You posted about a new USAir credit card offer which I successfully applied for and then I joined FT to post a thank you to you. Thanks again .

(Mods, hope this is okay. I posted publicly vice PM in an attempt to demonstrate the congeniality of FT.)
tassojunior likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:25 pm

Does anyone have info on how long it typically takes referral bonuses to be posted to your account?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:26 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by churning4BKK
Does anyone have info on how long it typically takes referral bonuses to be posted to your account?
End of the billing cycle...
Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by t1c
End of the billing cycle...
I've noticed over the last year on 3 bonuses that BOA is extremely "slow to never" and all three times I've had to get Alaska help to search and find my miles and bonuses at BOA.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Got both Business and Personal cards today. Last personal card was more than 2 years back and have one Business card open now.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:21 pm

business card earning mode

The application does not have a place to select the earning mode for individual or business level earning and benefits. Wiki says you have to select which mode.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:46 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mmthomas44
The application does not have a place to select the earning mode for individual or business level earning and benefits. Wiki says you have to select which mode.
It appears that information is obsolete. See this post:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30985949-post1355.html

I will remove the section from the Wikipost.
sdsearch likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.