Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by WrightHI
Considering that what you're describing there sounds an awful lot like like fraud -- the real, criminal kind that could land you in federal prison if someone decided to make an issue of it -- you might want to re-think your approach. People get away with that sort of thing until they don't, and then it can get really ugly.
Yes, one of the consistent pieces of advice I see around here (on flyertalk, not just this thread) is be completely honest when filling out credit card apps.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:21 pm

What is the reconsideration number people are calling?
I called the numbers given on FT, but they are unable to do anything other that letting me know the status. Rep is saying I need to write a letter for reconsideration.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jedaero
I doubled my income amount on the app to get a higher chance of approval
Well, obviously, it had the exact opposite effect.

I think you now have to abandon the application (and not re-apply any time soon) to avoid having your lie caught by the bank.
krazykanuck and 84fiero like this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
I have a real stable job with bi-weekly paychecks being DD. but I doubled my income amount on the app to get a higher chance of approval

My real income is $xx,xxx.xx
the fake "income" I put on the app was $xxx,xxx.xx

Got the letter from BofA and they are asking for my recent pay stub.... again, am I SOL?
Originally Posted by WrightHI
Considering that what you're describing there sounds an awful lot like like fraud -- the real, criminal kind that could land you in federal prison if someone decided to make an issue of it -- you might want to re-think your approach. People get away with that sort of thing until they don't, and then it can get really ugly.
While I do not advocate for what you did nor have I done so myself I fail to see the cause for hyperbole and hysteria reaction being exhibited.

I challenge anyone to show show where someone has been charged with criminal fraud for stating greater income on a cc app.

Are you the only income of the house? You are able to claim all income available to you which includes spouse. So if you make 50k and spouse make 60k you can claim 110k.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have a real stable job with bi-weekly paychecks being DD. but I doubled my income amount on the app to get a higher chance of approval...Got the letter from BofA and they are asking for my recent pay stub.... again, am I SOL?
Speaking from somebody who has been dancing with BoA for years, I don't think income has much impact on approval odds and if it has any direct impact on CL I haven't figured it out yet. I've been approved at income X for $15k CL. Later approved at X +10k and CL of $5k. Later X + $30k and flat out denied for reasons income couldn't overturn. Just be honest. Kiss this app goodbye and be honest the next time around.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen

While I do not advocate for what you did nor have I done so myself I fail to see the cause for hyperbole and hysteria reaction being exhibited.

I challenge anyone to show show where someone has been charged with criminal fraud for stating greater income on a cc app.

Are you the only income of the house? You are able to claim all income available to you which includes spouse. So if you make 50k and spouse make 60k you can claim 110k.

I agree in some ways. Doubling your income to increase your odds is quite bold, but I have a variable income due to different hours/different commissions (and I am not alone, I know), so I provide the best estimate I can on my income for the year, but I am quite conservative. I suppose if I was trying to be extra careful I could put what I made last year, but that doesn't really reflect this year, and if I just extrapolate out the earnings of a typical bi-weekly check, that isn't an exact science either.

I think unless your income is sub $75K or 80 USD for the higher end cards, it is more about hard pulls and credit score, anyways. Total intuition on this one though, no hard info.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat

No one here is being hysterical or hyperbolic. We’re saying it’s both dumb and potentionally criminal to do what the poster says he did: intentionally falsify material information on an application for credit. No need to muddy the water with hypothetical facts when he straight up said he lied about his income to improve his chances. Yes, that’s highly unlikely to be prosecuted as a stand-alone matter, but remember the mistress of a Clinton cabinet official who got caught up as a witness in one of the special counsel investigations and prosecuted for, IIRC, signing a false attestation that she would be living in a house she was helping family members buy? Why go there?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even if not that, one might get blacklisted by that bank (a bank can do that for any reason it wants). For someone who was planning on applying for multiple cards from that bank in the future, that would be bad enough.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:15 am

Here you go: https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/bu...lication-fraud
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:12 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by beltway
While technically correct, I seriously doubt FBI would go after someone who fudges on their application. Abovementioned case appears to be premeditated fraud of over $40K.

But yes, you did provide proof that it can happen ^
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by beltway
Originally Posted by EmailKid
While technically correct, I seriously doubt FBI would go after someone who fudges on their application. Abovementioned case appears to be premeditated fraud of over $40K.

But yes, you did provide proof that it can happen ^
@beltway - I stand corrected. Your google-fu skills amaze ;-)

although to be fair the charge and prosecution likely had more to do with running up the line of credit, not paying and then declaring bankruptcy...
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:06 pm

Thanks definitely well noted from all the comments.

WIll now use more of a best estimated conservative amount for my actual income on my CC apps.

With that said not sure what I should do for my current AS bofa app play (applied on 11/1):
- Should I just provide my income and pay stubs and my SS#? (this is what the recon dept is requesting of me)
- (my income is >$75k

I am not falsifying any material docs. it just wont match what I inputted on the cc app.

Will i get blacklisted from bofa?

- other option I was thinking of letting this app die in 30 days and apply again on 12/2/18?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Just got a personal card, did the spend, and the first statement cut just a few days later. I was surprised it did not have the annual fee on it. Is that normal? The 30k miles (plus spend) showed up on the statement so I am hoping those will post before long. Will the AF be on the next statement? Does its failure to appear on the first statement mean I will have a longer delay before getting the companion fare code (which I understand cannot be credited until AF is paid)? Thanks for any data points.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Maykita
Just got a personal card, did the spend, and the first statement cut just a few days later. I was surprised it did not have the annual fee on it. Is that normal? The 30k miles (plus spend) showed up on the statement so I am hoping those will post before long. Will the AF be on the next statement? Does its failure to appear on the first statement mean I will have a longer delay before getting the companion fare code (which I understand cannot be credited until AF is paid)? Thanks for any data points.
1. Yes
2. No
Don't worry, all is good. CF code will appear soon. Please read the wikipost above.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
1. Yes
2. No
Don't worry, all is good. CF code will appear soon. Please read the wikipost above.
thank you!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.