Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findthebest
Applied for Alaska business card - denied. 760 FICO score, 6 cards opened in the last 24 months + 1 business card. Sole proprietor, $0 income for business, <1 year. Personal income is >$100k Never had a Bank of America card before. Worth calling recon or should I just live with it?
What reason did the letter give for denial? How worth it is calling recon may depend on that.
808traveler likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
What reason did the letter give for denial? How worth it is calling recon may depend on that.
I got denied immediately, haven't gotten the letter yet so not sure of the reason. First card I've ever been denied for. First Bank of America card I've applied for and no prior relationship with the bank.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
For the companion fare, do you have to pay for those tickets with the Alaska airlines credit card? It doesn't sound like it, but I don't want to be missing something. Thanks!
Nope, you can use any card to pay for it.
AsiaTraveler and 808traveler like this.
Old May 30, 2019, 3:55 pm

New non-personalized mailer for business 40K + companion fare ($2K spend). bankofamerica DOT com SLASH 40KAKBIZ
Old May 30, 2019, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Nope, you can use any card to pay for it.
That's about to change: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-discount-code
84fiero likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by beltway
Thanks for that heads up.
Old May 31, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
Thanks for that heads up.
+1 appreciate it Beltway !
Old May 31, 2019, 1:02 pm

All I've got with BoA are a biz cash rewards card and a biz travel rewards card... both since Jan '19. 770 Fico. Applied for AK biz today and got a "application is in review" notice. Called recon and was told that my application requires identification/documentation, to do so I'll need to send in 2 years of biz and personal tax returns.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
I don't see where it says you have to use the Alaska card to pay for the tickets? I went right up to the point just short of purchase with another card.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by dougfoglesong
I don't see where it says you have to use the Alaska card to pay for the tickets? I went right up to the point just short of purchase with another card.
Never mind, I found it. For codes issued after 10/01/19 you have to use the Alaska card to pay for it.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by dougfoglesong
Never mind, I found it. For codes issued after 10/01/19 you have to use the Alaska card to pay for it.
Well, it says for fares issued after Oct. 1. I read that as meaning you have to use the BoA AS card to buy the tix after 10/1 regardless of when the companion code was given out.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:17 pm

Worried about BoA Alaska Airlines Credit Card Denial

Hi there

I believe this is my first time posting at Flyer Talk. I searched for this question, but can't seem to find any info, so here is my question/story.

I've probably had around 8 hard inquiries within the last year as I am trying to get as many signup bonus points. The most recent application was denied by Capital One because of too many hard inquiries. As someone with 8 hard inquiries, which issuer would you suggest to apply to? I am somewhat agnostic in terms of issuer/airline/hotel, but I am not too gung-ho on applying to Amex as I want to save it for the end. I know they have relatively loose requirements in terms of travel hackers as they have a once in a lifetime bonus policy.

Ideally I'd like to get the Alaska Airlines because of their partners, but I'm not sure if they will approve me or not. I know that Bank of America is a bit strict with who they approve for cards. And I actually used to work there. Unless you have a nice fat checking account with them, they tend to be quite conservative, however I have never met a travel hacker so I have absolutely no data points to go off of for that. I'd have no problems applying for the Alaska if I only had 2 inquiries. Anyhoo....

My credit card portfolio is the following:

Chase
Ink Preferred
Sapphire Preferred
Hyatt
Freedom

Citi
Premier

Amex
SPG (The $95 annual fee - Now Marriott Bonvoy I think it's called)
Gold Card
Delta Platinum

Other
Discover It
TJX Rewards
Bank of America Rewards (12 years old)
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Business Card Pending - They Need Way More Info. Suggestions?

Just received the following regarding my BofA Alaska Airlines Business Card application - plus they did a hard inquiry on my personal credit history. I have an 815 FICO score. I did hold the same card until about 14 months ago, then cancelled.

As a sole proprietor I don't have most of this information, and/or am unwilling to supply personal tax returns. I can send them the IRS Tax ID Form for the business, which is all that Chase requires for business cards. Zero income indicated on my application.

Call recon, just send them the single IRS form, forget about the application, or.......? If I give up, is it worth applying for the Alaska personal card?

Thank you for your recent application. To continue, we need additional information from you.

In addition to this email, you’ll receive a letter by mail listing the information we need. Please read that letter carefully because it contains important regulatory disclosures concerning your credit application that are not contained in this email.

You can provide this information using IntraLinks®, our third party provider. IntraLinks is a secure document exchange tool that you can use to provide information in a secure manner. Look in your inbox for instructions from IntraLinks® on how you can take advantage of this option.

Whether you send information electronically or by mail, you only need to submit the information once.
Please provide the following:
  • Proof of business ownership or authorization to borrow on behalf of the business (e.g. corporate resolution, organization's meeting minutes, articles of incorporation, articles of organization or certificate of incorporation).
  • Verification of the legal structure of the business. Verification may include Articles of Inc/Articles of Org/Cert of Trade Name/Partnership agreement. For Non-Profit, provide primary mission (U.S or International) & legal classification (e.g. 501(c)(3)).
  • The two most recent accountant prepared, year-end business financial statements/tax returns
  • Your two most recent years of federal personal tax returns with all schedules. If you filed a tax extension, please provide a copy of your most recent W2 forms or, for sole proprietorships, an internally prepared year-end profit and loss statement.

Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
Just received the following regarding my BofA Alaska Airlines Business Card application - plus they did a hard inquiry on my personal credit history. I have an 815 FICO score. I did hold the same card until about 14 months ago, then cancelled.

As a sole proprietor I don't have most of this information, and/or am unwilling to supply personal tax returns. I can send them the IRS Tax ID Form for the business, which is all that Chase requires for business cards. Zero income indicated on my application.

Call recon, just send them the single IRS form, forget about the application, or.......? If I give up, is it worth applying for the Alaska personal card?

Thank you for your recent application. To continue, we need additional information from you.

In addition to this email, you’ll receive a letter by mail listing the information we need. Please read that letter carefully because it contains important regulatory disclosures concerning your credit application that are not contained in this email.

You can provide this information using IntraLinks®, our third party provider. IntraLinks is a secure document exchange tool that you can use to provide information in a secure manner. Look in your inbox for instructions from IntraLinks® on how you can take advantage of this option.

Whether you send information electronically or by mail, you only need to submit the information once.
Please provide the following:
  • Proof of business ownership or authorization to borrow on behalf of the business (e.g. corporate resolution, organization's meeting minutes, articles of incorporation, articles of organization or certificate of incorporation).
  • Verification of the legal structure of the business. Verification may include Articles of Inc/Articles of Org/Cert of Trade Name/Partnership agreement. For Non-Profit, provide primary mission (U.S or International) & legal classification (e.g. 501(c)(3)).
  • The two most recent accountant prepared, year-end business financial statements/tax returns
  • Your two most recent years of federal personal tax returns with all schedules. If you filed a tax extension, please provide a copy of your most recent W2 forms or, for sole proprietorships, an internally prepared year-end profit and loss statement.

This has become a common thing for BofA Alaska Business credit card. I just abandoned my app after I was repeatedly told to send my personal tax returns for 2 years. Never going to happen.Forget sending it in for a business credit card, I wont even do it for personal - dont think there is a credit card out there that I so desperately want that I will be willing to share all that info.
To each his own. If you are willing to share the info - then go ahead. It just depends on your comfort level.
808traveler likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 6:21 pm
umc

I opened the personal card on June 23rd 2017 and received the 30k bonus in September 20th 2017. I closed the personal card before the 2nd annual fee hit. I am not sure how BOA counts the preceding 24 months. Would I be eligible for the bonus if I apply for the personal card in July 2019? I currently have the business card opened in June 2018, which I believe does not affect my eligibility for the bonus on the personal card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.