Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by vm81
Just dont like to share anything that I dont have to, especially since this is not a norm for applications at other banks.
couldnt agree more with other posts. Income validation is totally fine as thats something I disclosed on the application. All the other stuff..no way.

Every company is just into collecting as much data about you as possible. You cant avoid every thing, but I do my best to minimize my personal and financial data thats out there.

But I understand that everyone has their own comfort level...
808traveler likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:53 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by vm81
Applied for business card today with usual 0 years, $1 etc. Went to pending and was told that I need to send personal tax returns (no way around that) - told them I am happy WITHOUT BofA card.

I did have Alaska business card previously that was closed in September 2017

I am BofA personal customer for 15+ years now.
What is the myth about reporting 0 year and $1?? Is this only for the BA Biz Alaska or other biz CCs?

We opened the business checking first. BA asked for business formation paperwork. That clearly stated the year the business was formed. State secretory of State has the live record of the business. No other questions asked. Business credit card applications followed. All were approved online. No questions asked.

If you apply for business credit card by stating new business with 0 year in business and $1 in revenue, it raises more questions than answers. I'd expect BA to verify the business. Sometimes we can get away from it, but most time not....

All the business information is public record. There is nothing to hide.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
There is no way I'd send any bank my personal tax returns.

Income validation is one thing, but full tax returns are not required for that.
WF has asked for similar before when opening bank accounts, and Amex obviously asks for it during FRs.

The BoA rep I got when reconning said “you need to provide some kind of documentation, we can’t just give you the card”. I inputted 0 years/$0 revenue. The issue I have now is, what documentation can I provide? Or do people recommend HUCA?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ecatalina
The BoA rep I got when reconning said “you need to provide some kind of documentation, we can’t just give you the card”. I inputted 0 years/$0 revenue. The issue I have now is, what documentation can I provide? Or do people recommend HUCA?
Why BA would give you a biz credit card with your 0 years/$0 revenue? Some banks can be lax sometimes. Others are not.

You'll have to give the bank whatever they ask for. They follow the standard requirements. HUCA won't help here. If you do not like, move one and say good bye to BA.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
Why BA would give you a biz credit card with your 0 years/$0 revenue? Some banks can be lax sometimes. Others are not.

You'll have to give the bank whatever they ask for. They follow the standard requirements. HUCA won't help here. If you do not like, move one and say good bye to BA.
What’s the difference between 0 years $0 revenue and 0 years $1 revenue? To me the latter makes less sense. At this point the DPs are fluctuating so much for BoA, the “why” is less relevant. All I’m looking for are folks that have had a similar experience.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:08 am

I got approved for an Alaska Business card (with 0 years/$0 revenue) and I was denied for a personal card. We live in a very grey world, not black and white. I did not say goodbye to BoA, I just adapted to the game.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:27 pm
Suspended

What’s the difference between 0 years $0 revenue and 0 years $1 revenue? To me the latter makes less sense. At this point the DPs are fluctuating so much for BoA, the “why” is less relevant. All I’m looking for are folks that have had a similar experience.
BA will likely approve real businesses with verifiable business info than the "business" which has 0 year in business and no or little revenue. I'll be reasonable and use common sense.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BA will likely approve real businesses with verifiable business info than the "business" which has 0 year in business and no or little revenue. I'll be reasonable and use common sense.
We don't know how BofA decides to approve/deny business cards. If you look at the post directly above yours, you'll see that someone was just approved with 0 years and $0, so BofA still approves some people that way. But that fact they do does not mean they necessarily will approve all people that way. For all I know, perhaps they have some metric that says, oh, look 123-45-6789 SSN looks like a real good customer for us (in who knows what way), let them have this business card no matter what they filled in?

The funny thing is, BofA apparently doesn't apply churning rules to business cards, so the same customer that may be denied automatically for a personal card due to anti-churning rules may look via that unknown metric like a "good customer" in a situation (business cards) where those anti-churning rules don't apply!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
We don't know how BofA decides to approve/deny business cards. If you look at the post directly above yours, you'll see that someone was just approved with 0 years and $0, so BofA still approves some people that way. But that fact they do does not mean they necessarily will approve all people that way. For all I know, perhaps they have some metric that says, oh, look 123-45-6789 SSN looks like a real good customer for us (in who knows what way), let them have this business card no matter what they filled in?

The funny thing is, BofA apparently doesn't apply churning rules to business cards, so the same customer that may be denied automatically for a personal card due to anti-churning rules may look via that unknown metric like a "good customer" in a situation (business cards) where those anti-churning rules don't apply!
Certainly there is "luck" factor in each card application decision. But it is easier for 0 year/ $1, or for 2 year/ $50,000 business? Everything else the same?

I still have yet to receive any response on the myth of 0 year/$1 rev....
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WF has asked for similar before when opening bank accounts
Why would they need income verification to open a bank account? You don't need income to open a bank account. I'm sure that if you have millions of dollars and no income they will be more than happy to hang onto it for you. I have a wells fargo account (PMA) and I never even told them my income (of course, they can infer most of it)
vm81 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Certainly there is "luck" factor in each card application decision. But it is easier for 0 year/ $1, or for 2 year/ $50,000 business? Everything else the same?

I still have yet to receive any response on the myth of 0 year/$1 rev....
It depends how able and willing you are to supply data about your business. BofA has a habit of asking for data that some people have trouble supplying if they provide real business info. For example, they may ask for forms your business doesn't need, and yet not allow you to not provide those forms. They may ask for certain types of correspondence sent to your business address, and if you get none of that correspondence physically (with the actual business address on it), you could have trouble that you might not have had otherwise.

So the 0 year / $0 (not $1) suggestion is that maybe it gets BofA to ask fewer of those hard-to-answer (for some) questions. If you don't mind those questions, give you real business data, by all means (if you have a real business that is; not everyone who applies for a business card does, and telling the truth about 0 years and $0 seems better than making non-zero numbers up in that case).

But the 0 year / $0 "suggestion" is not that alone. It's also to give your name as the business name, your address as the business address, your phone as the business phone, sole proprietor, no employees, etc. Ie, the same answers that someone not actually having a business would want to use. This is based on a time in the not-so-long-ago past that it seemed that people without a real business were getting approved for BofA business cards with few or no pesky requests for data, while people explaining their real business were being "grilled".

But of course, everything at BofA changes seems to change very quickly, so even if that was the conclusion reached, say, a year or two ago, and maybe was valid then, that's a lifetime in terms of how many BofA credit approval policy changes there seem to have been since!
84fiero, jjangoo, invalyd and 2 others like this.

Last edited by sdsearch; Apr 1, 2019 at 5:38 pm
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
So the 0 year / $0 (not $1) suggestion is that maybe it gets BofA to ask fewer of those hard-to-answer (for some) questions. If you don't mind those questions, give you real business data, by all means (if you have a real business that is; not everyone who applies for a business card does, and telling the truth about 0 years and $0 seems better than making non-zero numbers up in that case).

But the 0 year / $0 "suggestion" is not that alone. It's also to give your name as the business name, your address as the business address, your phone as the business phone, sole proprietor, no employees, etc. Ie, the same answers that someone not actually having a business would want to use. This is based on a time in the not-so-long-ago past that it seemed that people without a real business were getting approved for BofA business cards with few or no pesky requests for data, while people explaining their real business were being "grilled".
BA is more a relationship based bank than some of the other major CC banks. The applicant can certainly try to hide the info by pretending 0 year/$1 rev. But if I were BA, I'll be alarmed by that. Why approving a CC to some business that does not really exist?

The easy churning days are the past. I'd rather provide real info for CC applications, then try the luck and waste a hard inquiry.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Some posts have been removed.

Flyertalk threads are an opportunity to exchange information and ideas. Make your point once. Repetition does not increase accuracy. If someone disagrees with you it is typically not because they do not understand. They genuinely disagree. Accept and respect differences. Do not ask others to stop posting or announce that you will stop. Just stop.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BA is more a relationship based bank than some of the other major CC banks.
I think this is an important point that many people miss. If you don't have a relationship at BofA yet, perhaps open a no-AF BofA card and keep it open "forever", even if you don't find it useful (just use it once or twice a year to keep it alive).

I'm lucky to have opened a Choice Privileges hotel program card many years ago when it was with BofA, and kept it open even when BofA dropped all hotel cards and my Choice card was turned into a low-usefulness cashback card.
flyguy6 and 808traveler like this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, CSR, AS
Originally Posted by mak101
Just applied business card and went to pending. What is the phone number for Business Recon? I tried from wiki but both numbers no longer working!
Just wanted to bump this post in case anyone knew, as I am in the same situation!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.