Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:34 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
~~ MODERATOR NOTE ~~

While the tone has remained fairly civil with no personal attacks that I picked up (thank you, some fora are known for those), points have been made, reinforced and made again.

I do not see one side or the other changing their minds, so let's move on BoA and AS card and other topics. Further discussion along urging poster to share / not share DP may be deleted without notice.

/moderator
uppereastsider and RedSun like this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:18 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Open for business.

OK, let's try to stay on topic. Let's not rehash points that were made, and made and made again.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by concordian
Got approval today for second Alaska Business card(first is still open).
how long ago was the first one opened? Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Originally Posted by Ijag77

Originally Posted by concordian
Got approval today for second Alaska Business card(first is still open).

Did you have a balance on card 1? Did you lower the credit limit on card 1?

I just applied for my 2nd and had a $200 balance on the 1st and did not lower the credit limit. Went right into Pending. Now it's a wait and see if I get it or not.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:46 am

P2 Approved at 4/24. Pulled TransUnion. Sole Prop around 20K in revenue. 5 years open. Has Amtrak and Checking for less than 1 year. Small amount in checking.

I'm at 10//24. Do I have a chance?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:15 pm
cnn

Anyone has had success with reconsideration of Bank of America business credit cards after being denied? I called to check status, after being told that I was declined, I asked for reconsideration. They then pulled my credit report again without asking me and denied again after that. The rep agreed to submit a request to remove the new hard pull. Not sure if I should call to reconsider one more time.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:30 pm

data point:

applied for alaska biz last night, was asked for more information. used the guidance in the wiki for biz cards.

called in this morning and they're asking me for three years' worth of tax returns. no reason given when asked, just csr-speak ("at this time, as to the reason for the tax returns, our procedures are asking you for your tax returns at this time").

i've been in this game a long, long time and i've never been asked that after dozens and dozens of cards. what gives? any guidance?

btw: no current alaska cards, only one bofa card (travel rewards personal).
cajunguy likes this.

Last edited by OrvillesMoustache; Mar 20, 2019 at 3:31 pm Reason: additional info
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Has anyone been able to buy gift cards, either for specific stores, Amazon or like Amex or Visa gift cards to meet the required spend for the AS Visa?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cnn
Anyone has had success with reconsideration of Bank of America business credit cards after being denied? I called to check status, after being told that I was declined, I asked for reconsideration. They then pulled my credit report again without asking me and denied again after that. The rep agreed to submit a request to remove the new hard pull. Not sure if I should call to reconsider one more time.
That might depend on the reason for the denial? Do you know what reason BofA gave for denying you?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wco81
Has anyone been able to buy gift cards, either for specific stores, Amazon or like Amex or Visa gift cards to meet the required spend for the AS Visa?
Store gift cards bought along with some groceries on the same purchase at a grocery store should be no problem, because it's not obvious it's a gift card.

Trying to do the whole minimum spend solely with gift cards, that would be another story.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:13 am

Applied for business card today with usual 0 years, $1 etc. Went to pending and was told that I need to send personal tax returns (no way around that) - told them I am happy WITHOUT BofA card.

I did have Alaska business card previously that was closed in September 2017

I am BofA personal customer for 15+ years now.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:45 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by vm81
Applied for business card today with usual 0 years, $1 etc. Went to pending and was told that I need to send personal tax returns (no way around that) - told them I am happy WITHOUT BofA card.

I did have Alaska business card previously that was closed in September 2017

I am BofA personal customer for 15+ years now.
We have BA business checking. Applied online and approved instantly. This is the 3rd BA business CCs approved within 2 month period. All instant approvals.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Originally Posted by OrvillesMoustache
data point:

applied for alaska biz last night, was asked for more information. used the guidance in the wiki for biz cards.

called in this morning and they're asking me for three years' worth of tax returns. no reason given when asked, just csr-speak ("at this time, as to the reason for the tax returns, our procedures are asking you for your tax returns at this time").

i've been in this game a long, long time and i've never been asked that after dozens and dozens of cards. what gives? any guidance?

btw: no current alaska cards, only one bofa card (travel rewards personal).
This happened to me as well. I currently have 1 biz and 1 sig visa opened both with zero balance. 1st biz card was instant approval. Now what? Anyone have recommendations on what to do? I don't have 3 years of biz taxes!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by Ijag77

First one was opened in July 2018.
Originally Posted by cajunguy
Did you have a balance on card 1? Did you lower the credit limit on card 1?
No, I did not lower limit and I did not have a balance.

I just applied for my 2nd and had a $200 balance on the 1st and did not lower the credit limit. Went right into Pending. Now it's a wait and see if I get it or not.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Trying to do the whole minimum spend solely with gift cards, that would be another story.
Interesting, can you link to DPs of the above not working? I haven't heard of this for BoA yet.

From the Wiki:
For those applying for the AS credit cards in the hope of redeeming AS miles for premium cabin experiences, please be aware of two current issues:
Alaska has not been able to ticket premium-cabins on EK since May ( see here : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...t-working.html )

Can you book Cathay flights using AS miles? Probably NOT Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Is the above out of date? Because that's exactly what I plan on doing (booking Cathay flights using AS miles ORD->HKG) but the posts in the links seem to be from 2017...

Last edited by ecatalina; Mar 24, 2019 at 1:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.