Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Applied yesterday as a sole proprietor, 5 years in biz xxxx in annual revenue (all true / verifiable, small side consulting business I maintain)

Went to pending. Called recon, was transferred to fraud department for address verification. Asked a few questions, told no issues on their end and expect an email soon with status. Seemed optimistic all is good.

Email this morning saying I was approved!
philemer likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
40K for consumer card!!

Link in Wiki.

Sweet! Now 40K for both Biz & Consumer cards. Not sure how long it will last.

Last edited by philemer; Mar 9, 2019 at 7:40 am Reason: Redirected link from "Your session has timed out"
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:42 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Most of you guys keep this card? or churn it? It seems some of you have multiple cards..
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by concordian
SO applied for BoA Cash Rewards, Alaska Personal, Alaska Business cards on same day and got approved for all 3. She already has a Alaska personal card( second year now)
What sort of relationship does she have with BoA, other than that Alaska personal from a year ago? Any checking accounts etc? Avg funds in the account?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by jgroll57
Great, thank you for the data point!!

Just to follow up on my own data point, I called in to the recon line. They didn't even ask any questions, just told me I'm approved!
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by ecatalina
What sort of relationship does she have with BoA, other than that Alaska personal from a year ago? Any checking accounts etc? Avg funds in the account?
We both have a Checking/Savings account for a long time(18 years) and I am a Platinum Client
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:01 pm

Applied for Biz card a few weeks back; not approved. Letter states to unfreeze credit from credit bureaus so application can process; I forgot these were frozen (for security). Letter said to unfreeze and call them back within 60 days or the application rejected.

When I applied, the signup bonus was 30K miles with free companion pass. Now the signup is 40K with $99 companion pass. I like that latter (current) offer. Do I have to wait until 60 days is over before applying new application? Can I do it now? Wait 30 days?

TIA
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:49 pm

What’s the personal reconsideration line number? BOA said last week if I call during regular hours can talk to someone. Today 2 reps in a row even after HUCA both sainthere is nobody you can discuss the matter with it’s only via mail.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by concordian
Got my last 2 BoA cards in August 2018(Alaska Business/Personal), will I any have a chance of approval for new Alaska with 40000 miles?

Edit: Applied and went to pending
Got approval today for second Alaska Business card(first is still open).
cajunguy and 808traveler like this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:38 am

Can anyone share the app. experience with people > 24 with sole prop. Is it easier to get approved for the Alaska Business card? Got rejected for the personal Alaska few months back for "too many accounts", so don't want to waste another HP.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:28 am

It would be very helpful if people who get approved or denied for the personal or business version of this card can give some details on how many hard pulls, new credit accounts, etc they have in the recent past. That really has been the key with BoA in the past ~12 months.
84fiero likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jiaogulan
It would be very helpful if people who get approved or denied for the personal or business version of this card can give some details on how many hard pulls, new credit accounts, etc they have in the recent past. That really has been the key with BoA in the past ~12 months.
You are asking for personal financial data some may or may not want to provide. It is subject to the members here. You can search for member's posts to get a complete picture of his/her profile....
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pingpan
Can anyone share the app. experience with people > 24 with sole prop. Is it easier to get approved for the Alaska Business card? Got rejected for the personal Alaska few months back for "too many accounts", so don't want to waste another HP.
In general, BofA is a relationship bank, like Citi. If you have an existing banking relationship, the approvals are much easier. BA treats this card just like any other card. You can still get rejected if you opened so many CCs in a short period of time. But it does not have hard limits as Chase and AmEx do.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
You are asking for personal financial data some may or may not want to provide. It is subject to the members here. You can search for member's posts to get a complete picture of his/her profile....
Huh. I am confused; this is an anonymous forum (well, except for that CFO of a huge company who posted a beef he had and made his screen name with his exact first and last name ). I do not even care as I have this business card, I am just trying to help others. Who has time to search people's post history to only possibly get a random, incomplete picture of their credit card acquisition trends.

This has been very normal information shared on this thread (and other CC threads) in the past. I think this thread just took a nose dive until the newly upped bonus breathed some life into the new applications. The reason for the nose dive being the difficulty to get approved. Thus, it is extremely helpful to understand if people getting approved have had something like 3-5 new cards in the last 6-12 months, versus 5-12 new cards like a ton of people here (myself included). Not sure what a nefarious person could do with this info on a screen named individual.
84fiero and zeer0 like this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
In general, BofA is a relationship bank, like Citi. If you have an existing banking relationship, the approvals are much easier. BA treats this card just like any other card. You can still get rejected if you opened so many CCs in a short period of time. But it does not have hard limits as Chase and AmEx do.
In my experience having had a mortgage with zero issues with BoA for over 6 years, plus a checking account, plus my first credit card ever in good standing for over 15 years got me a big fat rejection when I applied for the personal Alaska card. I got the business version soon after luckily. The issue is BoA is now stingy on approvals, hence my request for people to share info above. I do churn so there is that, and it's why I was rejected, but churn is a subjective word. My exact data point is somewhere way back in this thread if anyone has interest but we should stick in the present if possible I think in case anything has shifted.
zeer0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.