Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: All of them
Had an AF come up on my 1-yo personal card. Tried to apply for new one this weekend and based on their approval tracking website, got auto-declined immediately. Tried to call the personal recon line today and it just keeps on ringing I'll probably just close out the old one and stick to biz cards from now on.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, WN CP, etc. etc.
Luggage benefit q's.

How quickly does the luggage benefit become effective? (Also, any tips/tricks re. same?)

Infrequent AS flyer -- but it's always leisure travel (usually SAN-OGG), so usually dive bags as well as rollaboards. No AS cards in living memory. Used to be that my AA Gold (lifetime) got the ability to check our dive bags free; now I'm thinking about getting the card to get at least a portion of that benefit.

Just booked last night for about 30 days out (one way via AA award; return via "cash" (actually TYP)). If I get the AS card, will the luggage benefit take effect promptly, even though I haven't met the spend yet?

(Did think about doing the status match, but: "infrequent" -- not sure I'd actually make the threshold (especially since we have a WN CP this year), not sure they would match quickly enough, not sure it's worth burning the one time match given those reasons.)

Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: Grounded
Just got a targeted paper mailer - 40k miles after spending $2k within 90 days. Comes with $121 companion fare.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:34 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by MrPink
Just got a targeted paper mailer - 40k miles after spending $2k within 90 days. Comes with $121 companion fare.
Annual fee?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by pgary
Annual fee?
$75, not waived for first year.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:11 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by MrPink
$75, not waived for first year.
So, are the extra 10K miles worth more than $75+25=$100? Probably. Depends on how you will use the miles.

Last edited by pgary; Feb 28, 2019 at 4:53 pm
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
So does the advice from post #844 on business card apps (in the Wiki) still apply, now that it’s over a year old? That new 40K app is looking pretty solid...
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:51 pm

Yes it does. Applied last weekend with 9/24 and no other BofA cards. Went pending and approved the third day. $1 revenue and 1 month in business.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up Business (and public Personal?) offers now 40k after $2k spend in 90 days

Business offer is now 40k after $2k spend. Direct link to offer:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallbusiness/credit-cards/products/alaska-airlines-business-credit-card/

DoC page about the offer increase:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...00-mile-bonus/

And if I just google "alaska airlines credit card", and go to this link (one of the first few to show up):

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...visa-signature

it says "NEW - get 40,000 bonus miles after qualifying purchases". So that does that mean that the 40k offer for the personal card is also now public?

Last edited by sdsearch; Mar 2, 2019 at 4:39 pm Reason: remove typo $ sign
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Got my last 2 BoA cards in August 2018(Alaska Business/Personal), will I any have a chance of approval for new Alaska with 40000 miles?

Edit: Applied and went to pending

Last edited by concordian; Mar 1, 2019 at 12:47 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:26 am

Business card bonus match?

My sole proprietor Business was approved mid Jan for a 30k + 2,500 bonus = 32,500 miles bonus. Should I call and try to get the 40k offer they are giving now for Business’s? If so how would you suggest?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:56 pm

AFAICT the personal offer is the new standard offer. Both the alaska home page and the upsell during a flight booking point to a 40k/$121 companion offer.

edit: I'm on the west coast, in case they're doing some kind of region targeting on that.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:26 am

So, I applied for the business card using the procedure outlined here (0 years in business, $1 in revenue, etc) and got the message saying my application is pending and in review. Should I call into reconsideration ?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jgroll57
So, I applied for the business card using the procedure outlined here (0 years in business, $1 in revenue, etc) and got the message saying my application is pending and in review. Should I call into reconsideration ?
That happened to me as well except I did 3 years in business, $2k in revenue. I called 800.892.3219 (number under "call us" from BofA's Alaska Airlines biz card application site). Once connected, I asked if I could check the status of my application and was transferred to another representative who informed me that no one has gotten to review my application yet (considering I applied Sunday morning). He offered to review it at this time and asked a few questions about my business (i.e. what I do, how much is the net profit, former experience in the field, etc.). He then put me on hold to review further and later came back to inform me he recommended an approval. He said another person on the team still has to review the data he submitted and hopefully my approval can be finalized in 48-72 business hours. Hope that helps!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by roycechips309
That happened to me as well except I did 3 years in business, $2k in revenue. I called 800.892.3219 (number under "call us" from BofA's Alaska Airlines biz card application site). Once connected, I asked if I could check the status of my application and was transferred to another representative who informed me that no one has gotten to review my application yet (considering I applied Sunday morning). He offered to review it at this time and asked a few questions about my business (i.e. what I do, how much is the net profit, former experience in the field, etc.). He then put me on hold to review further and later came back to inform me he recommended an approval. He said another person on the team still has to review the data he submitted and hopefully my approval can be finalized in 48-72 business hours. Hope that helps!
Great, thank you for the data point!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.