Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by in4tar
I used to alternate applying for personal and business cards every few months.
Sometimes I would have 3 personal cards at a time, then would close one and apply for the new one.
Just recently - when it was time for me to apply for the next personal card - I was denied with explanation "you already have card open with us" (at this point I only had one). Yesterday I promptly closed the card, and my last business card was closed in January.
Would it be safe to apply for at least a business card in the next month? Or should I wait? Don't want to risk a hard pull if I get denied.
This new "one card rule" messes up my Alaska BofA routine!
Do you actually have a business? Can you comment on my experience a few posts above?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by crazytravelguy
My instant approval app for the biz card was canceled by BoA because they thought it was fraud. They did not call me, and simply canceled my application. I only found out by calling them after the card did not show up.

They said to resubmit the application, and now, it went pending instead of instant approval!

Not sure if they know what they are talking about!

Update: called recon. Denied due to lack of biz history. They offered to open the account if i put a minimum of $1500 secured deposit?? Said to wait for the letter in the mail..

credit score 700+
I have similar experience, instantly got approved for 15k credit limit (business). After 2 weeks got a letter that the application got rejected due to fraud. Called and talk to three different agents but unable to reopen the application. They said the system automatically rejects all applications
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:24 am

Do you actually have a business? Can you comment on my experience a few posts above?
I occasionally sell things on Ebay, and even though it's not not a "real business", it generates a very very very small income (in hundreds of dollars, not thousands). Whenever I apply for business card, I truthfully state what it is, and so far - I had always been approved. Perhaps it helped that my main income (from employment, not from Ebay "business") is relatively high and my credit score is in 800s. What doesn't help is that I have a lot (12+) hard pulls in the past year. That's why I am somewhat hesitant to apply again so soon...
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by in4tar
I occasionally sell things on Ebay, and even though it's not not a "real business", it generates a very very very small income (in hundreds of dollars, not thousands). Whenever I apply for business card, I truthfully state what it is, and so far - I had always been approved. Perhaps it helped that my main income (from employment, not from Ebay "business") is relatively high and my credit score is in 800s. What doesn't help is that I have a lot (12+) hard pulls in the past year. That's why I am somewhat hesitant to apply again so soon...
I am not sure if I should try recon again. Really want the biz card without a secured deposit. My income is high 5 figures, and my score is 700+ but like you, I have alot of hard pulls.

Worst case I think I will have to do the secured deposit, depending on what is required of me..

Last edited by Travelchurner; Feb 12, 2017 at 4:57 am
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:28 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Longtime AS churner here,
This is a reconsideration/churn question
In Dec 2016 AOR applied for
Merrill Lynch
Amtrack, plat and sign
denied for all.
Told me that credit was not pulled and that 7 per cards is max you can have with BofA.
Is this true? ( I also have 2 AK biz)
regular churner but most cards are legacy cards.

So the questions are
Is there a limit to max number of BofA per or biz accts any product?

And I was just told that if you didn't get approved for the card that you applied for in the beginning then you will not get the bonus even if you move CL. Is this a new policy?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by frank_10b
Longtime AS churner here,
This is a reconsideration/churn question
In Dec 2016 AOR applied for
Merrill Lynch
Amtrack, plat and sign
denied for all.
Told me that credit was not pulled and that 7 per cards is max you can have with BofA.
Is this true? ( I also have 2 AK biz)
regular churner but most cards are legacy cards.

So the questions are
Is there a limit to max number of BofA per or biz accts any product?

And I was just told that if you didn't get approved for the card that you applied for in the beginning then you will not get the bonus even if you move CL. Is this a new policy?
Hey frank!

"And I was just told that if you didn't get approved for the card that you applied for in the beginning then you will not get the bonus even if you move CL."

As of 12/xx/16 this was not true. I had to move CL to get approved for the Merrill Lynch card. I think most have said Merrill always goes to pending. I decided to proactively call in, they said I needed to move CL. Done, and was approved, after some questions about net worth.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 7:43 am

How long does it usually take to get the business bonus? I applied on Dec 29, and got approved Dec 30. I did the spend by Jan 10, but statement closed Jan 9. Feb 9 came and went and I did not get the bonus.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My income is high 50 figures
1. You can afford to buy Alaska Airlines as well as every other airline out there if your income is really 50 figures. That's a minimum of 1 with 49 zeroes at the end .

2. You can edit your post to correct this.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by sdsearch
1. You can afford to buy Alaska Airlines as well as every other airline out there if your income is really 50 figures. That's a minimum of 1 with 49 zeroes at the end .

2. You can edit your post to correct this.
I understood what he meant😄
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
Is it possible to open 2 biz cards at same time? I can't find any info via search and didn't see anything in the wiki or in the last 10+ pages. TYVM
Old Feb 12, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I just triggered an identity theft letter. I applied online and got the instant approval, but the letter said an account was not opened.

Looking at the old Alaska thread, someone mentioned calling in doesn't fix it and they were told to reapply.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by perkunas
Is it possible to open 2 biz cards at same time?
In the past (6 months to a year ago) you could get a business account approved while already having a business account open.
Now that BofAm is getting stricter with approvals I doubt this is possible.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:31 am

Got a pending for a second personal card on Friday (10th). Called recon to see if they can move credit around, but the only way to get the second card approved as a signature is to take a few thousand from the first, which will kick that one down to non-sig. Rep told me to call in today at latest to move credit around. Just finished spending on the first card where the second statement will close today. Is it safe to let the first drop to a non-sig before the miles post to get the second approved as a signature?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:18 pm

Quick question on the combining inquiries with BofA.

Do all the cards need to be decisioned the same day so we HAVE to call all pending cards. Or as long as the apps are submitted the same day they will be combined?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by chongl
I just triggered an identity theft letter. I applied online and got the instant approval, but the letter said an account was not opened.

Looking at the old Alaska thread, someone mentioned calling in doesn't fix it and they were told to reapply.
Me too, I just got the identity theft letter today on a business card application. I had been on pending status. I wonder what's triggering that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.