Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2020, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Thumbs up New day dawning? Approval for current card holder!!

Looking at future flts on alaskaair.com and decided to click on the 40K, $100 stmt. credit, offer. My DW has had the personal card since Dec. 2017. Thought I'd apply for her on a whim. Lo and behold she was instantly approved. Pretty surprised.
Old May 15, 2020, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flew-d-coop
Would the BoA 7/12 include an inquiry for a Wireless Telephone Service Provider?
BofA's 7/12 has nothing do with inquires. Just like Chase's 5/24, BofA's 7/12 counts credit card accounts showing on your credit report, with an "opened on" date in the past 12 months, whether currently open or currently closedl. See here for more:

BofA's anti-churning policies: 2/3/4 (BofA cards), 3/12 or 7/12 (all banks)
Old May 15, 2020, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
BofA's 7/12 has nothing do with inquires. Just like Chase's 5/24, BofA's 7/12 counts credit card accounts showing on your credit report, with an "opened on" date in the past 12 months, whether currently open or currently closedl. See here for more:

BofA's anti-churning policies: 2/3/4 (BofA cards), 3/12 or 7/12 (all banks)
got it, thanks

Which do you think is a better offer: A preselected 50k offer with a $75 annual fee or the standard 40k with $75 fee and $100 statement credit?

Edit:
a dummy booking gave a different offer:
$200 STATEMENT CREDIT + 30,000 BONUS MILES
decisions, decisions ...

Last edited by flew-d-coop; May 15, 2020 at 4:03 pm Reason: dummy booking gave diff offer
Old May 15, 2020, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
got it, thanks

Which do you think is a better offer: A preselected 50k offer with a $75 annual fee or the standard 40k with $75 fee and $100 statement credit?
A just a personal decision. Figure how much YOU value each mile and then make a decision.
Old May 15, 2020, 8:14 pm

Business denial consequences

My amex business Delta card doesn't show on my Experian credit report as an inquiry or open accounts (haven't checked Equifax & TU yet). So, for worst-case scenario, if I apply as a sole proprietor for a Alaska business and get denied would this only count against the boa 2/3/4 rule or am I missing some other consequence?

Last edited by flew-d-coop; May 17, 2020 at 6:40 pm
Old May 15, 2020, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
A just a personal decision. Figure how much YOU value each mile and then make a decision.
Decided to go with the 50k offer for the wife and have her send me a referral link for 5K bonus on my future app. So for one HP each we will score 95k mile for $50
Old May 16, 2020, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by diver858
BofA granting extensions to personal accounts, but not business?
I got 2 new BoA biz cards in March. I received letters for both offering extensions to meet the SUBs. I’d already met them anyway but it was nice to get them without asking.
Old May 19, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Any color on retention offers on the BOA Alaska personal cards? not much spend beyond MSR and fee hits next month. sadly AS cancelled a couple of our trips so not really inclined to keep it. They have sent two letters in the last two months noting all the benefits, and that fee posts in June.
Old May 19, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Edit:
a dummy booking gave a different offer:
$200 STATEMENT CREDIT + 30,000 BONUS MILES
decisions, decisions ...
If that's a question you have to ask, just extrapolate and you'll get your answer:

What if there was an offer for $300 statement credit and 20k miles, or $400 statement credit and 10k miles, or $500 statement credit and zero miles? That makes it obvious that the question is:

Do you value $500 more than 50000 miles?

Most people who use miles for longhaul travel (especially in classes above coach) would never be able to pay just $500 for what they can book with 50000 miles. On other the other hand, people who use miles for cheap domestic economy travel might pay less than $500 for what 50000 miles would get them in that case.

So the answer depends on how you plan to use your miles. In one case, the value of 50k miles is many thousands of dollars, and so any substitution of it with cash is presumably silly, but in the other case, cash may better, but in that case, why apply for an Alaska Airlines miles card instead of a cashback card?
Old May 20, 2020, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
If that's a question you have to ask, just extrapolate and you'll get your answer:

What if there was an offer for $300 statement credit and 20k miles, or $400 statement credit and 10k miles, or $500 statement credit and zero miles? That makes it obvious that the question is:

Do you value $500 more than 50000 miles?

Most people who use miles for longhaul travel (especially in classes above coach) would never be able to pay just $500 for what they can book with 50000 miles. On other the other hand, people who use miles for cheap domestic economy travel might pay less than $500 for what 50000 miles would get them in that case.

So the answer depends on how you plan to use your miles. In one case, the value of 50k miles is many thousands of dollars, and so any substitution of it with cash is presumably silly, but in the other case, cash may better, but in that case, why apply for an Alaska Airlines miles card instead of a cashback card?
I am more interested in gaining miles to take my family to visit family in Hawaii then cashback. But, the wealth of information that the members of this forum possess are a resource that I trust (mostly). So, I thought it a good idea to ask a question and hope that something informative came from it. Something like your post with a cost benefit analysis, someone postulating the impact of Alaska joining oneworld, or corona virus impact on the airline industry as a whole.

In the end, the lack of anything negative helped me choose. That is why I picked to use the 50k offer my wife got and let her refer me to get another 5k (try as I might - I don't receive mailers like she does).
sdsearch likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:09 pm

Has anyone been able to get a retention offer on the personal Alaska lately?
Old Jun 8, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: AA, UA.
Hello,
I just got approval BOA Alaska Airlines Signature visa card with $4000 credit limit. Will I get the 40,000 bonus miles after spend $1000 ? I use the link from Alaska airline when I login.

Thanks!
Old Jun 8, 2020, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moon4fun
Hello,
I just got approval BOA Alaska Airlines Signature visa card with $4000 credit limit. Will I get the 40,000 bonus miles after spend $1000 ? I use the link from Alaska airline when I login.

Thanks!
Well, since we don't know what link you get when you log in, that doesn't help. Did you print out a copy of the offer you signed up for? If not (or if you're still not confident even if you did), all you can do is wait until you've activated the card, and then contact BofA and ask them by what date you need to spend how much to get how many bonus miles. (By asking for a date and spend and bonus miles, you force them to look up your account and see if you really have that offer on it and if so which offer. If you ask the question without asking for a date/spend/bonus miles but providing it, they might answer with just a guess, rather than looking up what your account actually has on it.)
Old Jun 9, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: AA, UA.
I use the link from Alaska Airline website when I login to my account. It is what said

Limited time offer!

Get a $100 statement credit + 40,000 bonus mile offer when you apply for the Alaska Airlines Visa SignatureŽ card.

I apply the credit card on 6/1/2020 and got approval on 6/2/2020. I still waiting for my card to arrive, I see my credit card number show up at BOA online when I login....
The reason I am concern for the bonus is back to the old date, in order to get the bonus the credit limit need to be $5000. Not sure it has been change, I am not able to find this anywhere.

Thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2020, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moon4fun
I use the link from Alaska Airline website when I login to my account. It is what said

Limited time offer!

Get a $100 statement credit + 40,000 bonus mile offer when you apply for the Alaska Airlines Visa SignatureŽ card.

I apply the credit card on 6/1/2020 and got approval on 6/2/2020. I still waiting for my card to arrive, I see my credit card number show up at BOA online when I login....
The reason I am concern for the bonus is back to the old date, in order to get the bonus the credit limit need to be $5000. Not sure it has been change, I am not able to find this anywhere.

Thanks!
Did you look at the WIkipost atop of this thread? It coalesces a lot of information, and among it:

"BofA no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature (December 2018)."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.