Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:41 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by pdragn78
Now that I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve card, I notice I'm not longer using the Alaska Airlines credit card regularly. I have this card primarily for the baggage fee credit and the annual companion ticket. Is there a risk of having this card cancelled by issuer for non-use? I could make some small purchases <$100 a couple times a year, but is that necessary? Are there any data points for cancellation due to non-use? I would hope not since this card charges an annual fee- more incentive for issuer to keep credit line open. Any thoughts?
Yes, BoA will close an account for non usage. However, I'm not sure what the dormancy threshold is. My data point may be of limited value to the average cardholder: Ours was our very oldest credit card, (originally an MBNA card from waaaayyyy back) and hadn't been used in a couple of years. When I applied for my first Alaska card, BoA responded by closing my old card and issuing an Alaska card. Luckily, I was able to reopen the legacy card through begging and with a hard pull. I use it a few times a year without fail ever since. Having a decades old credit line is helpful to my credit history, even though the rewards structure of the card is dreadful for my purposes.

Lesson learned... use your old cards prior to new applications. Any charge of any size will keep them active.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: Alaska
Alaska Card - Buy Miles and receive 3x bonus?

Alaska's running a sale for an extra 40% on miles. If purchased with the Alaska Card, is that purchase considered for a 3x mileage bonus?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: Alaska
Confirming minimum spend

I recently got my card and can't recall what my minimum spend was to receive the bonus (and can't seem to find it anywhere). I noticed that the minimum spend varies- is there a place to check? Also tried reaching out to customer service.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by planes
I recently got my card and can't recall what my minimum spend was to receive the bonus (and can't seem to find it anywhere). I noticed that the minimum spend varies- is there a place to check? Also tried reaching out to customer service.
I've only ever seen it be $1k
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zeer0
I've only ever seen it be $1k
Even on the 40k offer? I thought that one recent 40k offer at least was $2k at some point?

But yes, on 30k offers, I've never heard of anything other than $1k.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Even on the 40k offer? I thought that one recent 40k offer at least was $2k at some point?

But yes, on 30k offers, I've never heard of anything other than $1k.
Oh yeah, you're right. Didn't realize it ever went that high. I thought best was 30k +$100 statement which is still $1k.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zeer0
Oh yeah, you're right. Didn't realize it ever went that high. I thought best was 30k +$100 statement which is still $1k.
Besides the recent 40k offers there was at least one very brief 50k offer several years ago (back when the normal offers were still 25k). Very few people got on that 50k offer, though, since it was pulled before most people learned about it, I think. I don't remember what the spend requirement was on that brief 50k offer.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Besides the recent 40k offers there was at least one very brief 50k offer several years ago (back when the normal offers were still 25k). Very few people got on that 50k offer, though, since it was pulled before most people learned about it, I think. I don't remember what the spend requirement was on that brief 50k offer.
Wow, looked that up, now that was an offer. Seems it was 25 on approval + 25k after 1k spend.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:19 pm

I applied for a BoA AS Biz last week and I called in today to check the status and was told I’m approved but that I need to speak to the verification department. Is this normal? Anything to be worried about? Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:49 pm

I had the personal Alaska Airlines Signature card previously, got the bonus, closed it in July 2018. Today I received in the mail a targeted offer for 40K miles with no 24 month language. Is it safe to apply?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by D_C_B
I had the personal Alaska Airlines Signature card previously, got the bonus, closed it in July 2018. Today I received in the mail a targeted offer for 40K miles with no 24 month language. Is it safe to apply?
1. Make sure you know where to look for the 24-month language. It tends be hidden in a long paragraph that starts by defining "you".
2. Make sure you haven't been applying for other BofA cards in the meantime, or else you might be subject to their separate 2/3/4 rule (no more than 2 BofA personal card applications in 6 months, 3 in 12 months, 4 in 24 months).
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
My AF posted on 1/31. However, my $100 companion code has not. Do you know when it would post ? Thanks
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
SO applied for BoA Cash Rewards, Alaska Personal, Alaska Business cards on same day and got approved for all 3. She already has a Alaska personal card( second year now)
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Peter_Ng
My AF posted on 1/31. However, my $100 companion code has not. Do you know when it would post ? Thanks
Companion Codes post after minimum spend. Same with bonus miles. They charge AF upfront but no promotional (CC or miles) post until statement closes on that minimum spend.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll
Companion Codes post after minimum spend. Same with bonus miles. They charge AF upfront but no promotional (CC or miles) post until statement closes on that minimum spend.
Sorry for the confusion. This is the AF at the anniversary after 1 year. I was about to cancel the card but previously, whenever the AF post, the companion code post as well. Not this time. Anything change?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.