Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Arrow Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

data point - had 2 personal and 2 biz cards. closed one of each in december. applied for both an Alaska personal and a Merrill card. Got the Merrill, denied for the Alaska. I can't say this with any surety but the impression I got from some of the recon reps was that the Merrill card carries more weight than the Alaska cards.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Do any of you have problems using the Alaska personal card for United award fees and taxes?

I tried paying for my United award fees and taxes online - it got declined. Called BofA and they didn't even see a record of an attempted charge. Tried again via phone - couldn't go through either. Before this, I have successfully used my card twice at other merchants.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hightide
Do any of you have problems using the Alaska personal card for United award fees and taxes?

I tried paying for my United award fees and taxes online - it got declined. Called BofA and they didn't even see a record of an attempted charge. Tried again via phone - couldn't go through either. Before this, I have successfully used my card twice at other merchants.
I wonder if this:
has anything to do with it? Ie, where are you when making these United charges, and where is your home address (as far United is concerned)? United may be putting geographical restrictions of some sort on card use, perhaps?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:59 pm

This is odd.

When I log into BOA I see my Alaska signature card but for my Business card it has 2 accounts and the $75 Af seems to be billed $50 to one account and $25 to another account.

Is this normal ? I only applied for and have one card. The accounts don't end in the same 4 digits and the CORP account balance is the balance of both accounts combined.

CORP Account - Alaska Airlines - XXXX $93.27

Alaska Airlines Business Visa - XXXX $43.27
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:52 am

There are two different formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:

$50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)

$0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

You seem to have chosen the first one. Nothing to worry about in the sense that the miles will still accrue to you, but payments at the end of the month I believe I have to be made to the Corp account.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
i'm sorry if this was answered somewhere else in this or another thread (searching on google didn't provide the answer)

i am wondering whether i was approved for the signature or the dreaded platinum.

i just applied for and was approved instantly for the "Alaska Airlines, Inc" credit card at a +$20000 limit, but it didn't say which one. does the high limit guarantee the signature card as i suspect?

when i log into the BoA CC application center it only gives the 'AS Inc' as the type of card, not the card designation. since i have read (here) that waiting until i receive the card will be too late to change, should i be calling the reconsideration number now?

thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by jkh2os
$20000 limit...does the high limit guarantee the signature card as i suspect?
Welcome to Flyertalk, jkh2os.
I think your suspicion is correct; the high credit limit indicates that it is a Signature card.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
There are two different formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:

You seem to have chosen the first one. Nothing to worry about in the sense that the miles will still accrue to you, but payments at the end of the month I believe I have to be made to the Corp account.

I must have selected business level earning not realizing what it entailed. As long as I get the miles it's not a big deal
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I wonder if this:
has anything to do with it? Ie, where are you when making these United charges, and where is your home address (as far United is concerned)? United may be putting geographical restrictions of some sort on card use, perhaps?
My home address is a US address in my United profile.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer4512
This is odd.

When I log into BOA I see my Alaska signature card but for my Business card it has 2 accounts and the $75 Af seems to be billed $50 to one account and $25 to another account.

Is this normal ? I only applied for and have one card. The accounts don't end in the same 4 digits and the CORP account balance is the balance of both accounts combined.

CORP Account - Alaska Airlines - XXXX $93.27

Alaska Airlines Business Visa - XXXX $43.27
As far as seeing two accounts, it is not only normal but common an multiple banks, not just BofA.

The Corporate Account at BofA is pretty much the same thing as what Citi (for its AA CitiBusiness card) calls the "master account". And Diners Club Professional cards have the same thing.

On the assumption that you might have multiple employees all use the same business card account but each have separate business card with a separate card number, business cards often set up one account overall for the business and then one account per person. It's somewhat superfluous when it's a sole proprietorship with no employees (per how you described your business when you applied), but many banks don't treat as a special case, it's simpler for them to just treat all businesses the same way with respect to this account hierarchy. (I don't see this at Amex with business cards, so they apparently handle it differently>)

The good news at BofA: When you cancel a business card, they cancel the associated Corporate account automatically. Over at Citi, is you don't explicitly ask them to cancel the "master account", they may not do so, and that could hurt your chances if you later want to reapply for the card if the "master account" from the previous card is still hanging around.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
As far as seeing two accounts, it is not only normal but common an multiple banks, not just BofA.

The Corporate Account at BofA is pretty much the same thing as what Citi (for its AA CitiBusiness card) calls the "master account". And Diners Club Professional cards have the same thing.

On the assumption that you might have multiple employees all use the same business card account but each have separate business card with a separate card number, business cards often set up one account overall for the business and then one account per person. It's somewhat superfluous when it's a sole proprietorship with no employees (per how you described your business when you applied), but many banks don't treat as a special case, it's simpler for them to just treat all businesses the same way with respect to this account hierarchy. (I don't see this at Amex with business cards, so they apparently handle it differently>)

The good news at BofA: When you cancel a business card, they cancel the associated Corporate account automatically. Over at Citi, is you don't explicitly ask them to cancel the "master account", they may not do so, and that could hurt your chances if you later want to reapply for the card if the "master account" from the previous card is still hanging around.
I haven't had a CITI business card recently but I don't remember having a CITI Business account with different account numbers for my card and some other account. In fact I don't remember a "master" account at all.

When I had a CITI business card all of my charges posted under my Citi Business card whereas the annual fee is billed to two different BOA accounts for the Alaska card. This is what threw me for a loop, if both balances matched I could see it as some sort of master account.

Chase and Amex do not seem to have this sort of setup as I have cards open.

I'm getting a CITI Business AA soon so I'll guess I'll see the changes that must have been made since 2013, the date of my last Citi business application

Do you know if Citi keeps personal credit and Business credit separate like Chase does ?

I received a denial for too many apps for personal credit from Citi on November 7 and was planning on waiting 6 months to apply for any Citi cards but was wondering if I might be good to go for a business card next month , 3 months after the denial.

Last edited by flyer4512; Jan 7, 2017 at 11:36 am
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:05 pm

I received a denial for too many apps for personal credit from Citi on November 7 and was planning on waiting 6 months to apply for any Citi cards but was wondering if I might be good to go for a business card next month , 3 months after the denial.
They finally cut you off?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
They finally cut you off?
Temporary slowdown, lol... Probably just the 2/65 day rule being revised to 1/60 or so I hear............meanwhile I found BOA ( 2 Alaska Cards) opened another Arrival and a Delta Platinum personal card
Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000

I paid $93.27 to the corporate account and it left me with a $43.27 Credit and only Paid the $50 AF which showed on that account.

The account with the $43.27 balance still shows that same balance

Seems it stays that way until the statement posts then the $43.27 will be deducted from the actual business card account

Last edited by flyer4512; Jan 7, 2017 at 7:58 pm
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:15 pm

Temporary slowdown, lol... Probably just the 2/65 day rule being revised to 1/60 or so I hear............meanwhile I found BOA ( 2 Alaska Cards) opened another Arrival and a Delta Platinum personal card
^ Good deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.