Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Old May 21, 2019, 12:46 pm

Check post 1362

Business and personal pull from different credit bureaus

Last edited by mia; May 21, 2019 at 1:36 pm
Old May 21, 2019, 2:37 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
When I attempt to go to that post, this is what I see. The FT system isn't what it used to be....

That's great if they use different bureaus since that is effectively one pull. Any thoughts on getting a biz on top of an existing biz?

Originally Posted by clech
Check post 1362

Business and personal pull from different credit bureaus
Old May 21, 2019, 2:43 pm

Told recon that I want to keep my office expenses separate from job material purchases

Last edited by mia; May 21, 2019 at 3:01 pm Reason: Reposted text from another post without providing context.
Old May 21, 2019, 2:57 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MilesTalk
When I attempt to go to that post, ....
When I navigate to post 1362 I see:

Originally Posted by clech
Applied for business and personal on same day late March. Both went to pending. Personal denied due to BofA chargeoff 9 years ago. Business approved. Applied for second business on April 10th. Went to pending. Called recon, was told denied due to duplicate application on the same tax ID. Asked if they could split CL into 2 cards, pulled my credit again and voil. 2 business cards
LINK: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31009738-post1362.html
Old May 21, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
TY, MIA.

I'll attempt the second and see how it goes!

Originally Posted by mia
When I navigate to post 1362 I see:

LINK: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31009738-post1362.html
Old May 21, 2019, 9:45 pm

I always believe in being the data point you want to see. Instant approval on 2nd AS biz card without canceling the first one.

Simultaneous (30 seconds later) app for a personal AS card went pending.

FYI I do appear to have one Experian inquiry and one Transunion inquiry from this. Net score loss of 5 points on Experian score and 4 points on TU (which will of course bounce back).
808traveler likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:30 pm

I always believe in being the data point you want to see. Instant approval on 2nd AS biz card without canceling the first one.

Simultaneous (30 seconds later) app for a personal AS card went pending.

FYI I do appear to have one Experian inquiry and one Transunion inquiry from this. Net score loss of 5 points on Experian score and 4 points on TU (which will of course bounce back).
Just curious, what CL did they give you on your 1st and 2nd AS biz cards?
Old May 22, 2019, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by 808traveler
Just curious, what CL did they give you on your 1st and 2nd AS biz cards?
16k and 19k
808traveler likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
16k and 19k
Are both cards for the same business?

How old are these businesses, approx?

Thanks.
808traveler likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:13 pm

Both for the exact same business. The business is real and 17 years old.

MEANWHILE, they declined my simultaneous personal Alaska card. I have no personal BofA cards. They gave a reason of "too many recent new accounts and insufficient funds on deposit with Bank of America." Crazy since i'm only like 8/24 and darn good credit. But true, I don't have a BofA bank account, so my deposits are definitely lacking ;-)

Originally Posted by philemer
Are both cards for the same business?

How old are these businesses, approx?

Thanks.
Old May 25, 2019, 6:06 pm

Data point to confirm what's in the wiki:
Last had an Alaska personal card last year, canceled it without lowering the credit limit, should've done my research.
Applied one week ago to 40k offer, was instantly approved for 4k credit line which means Platinum card instead of Signature. I just opened my welcome packet and thankfully saw the flyer stating "Receive 40000 miles and companion fare after spending $2k in 90 days", so indeed it looks like Platinum cards are no longer to be dreaded.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
For the companion fare, do you have to pay for those tickets with the Alaska airlines credit card? It doesn't sound like it, but I don't want to be missing something. Thanks!
Old May 26, 2019, 9:32 pm

Both for the exact same business. The business is real and 17 years old.

MEANWHILE, they declined my simultaneous personal Alaska card. I have no personal BofA cards. They gave a reason of "too many recent new accounts and insufficient funds on deposit with Bank of America." Crazy since i'm only like 8/24 and darn good credit. But true, I don't have a BofA bank account, so my deposits are definitely lacking ;-)
thanks, good info. Nice to have multiple Alaska CCs -> multiple companion fares.
Old May 27, 2019, 11:55 pm

Applied for Alaska business card - denied. 760 FICO score, 6 cards opened in the last 24 months + 1 business card. Sole proprietor, $0 income for business, <1 year. Personal income is >$100k Never had a Bank of America card before. Worth calling recon or should I just live with it?
Old May 28, 2019, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by findthebest
Applied for Alaska business card - denied. 760 FICO score, 6 cards opened in the last 24 months + 1 business card. Sole proprietor, $0 income for business, <1 year. Personal income is >$100k Never had a Bank of America card before. Worth calling recon or should I just live with it?
How many BoA cards in that total? But yeah call recon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.