Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:42 pm

Yes, but will you get the 40K bonus if you split the CL into 2 cards?

Ultimately the question is can you re-open once you close an account, or do you have to wait 2 years.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:44 pm

I should get another 40K bonus as I got a new account number after splitting
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:46 pm

Don't know if you can reopen and get bonus as I'm in it for companion fares plus it's first time that I'm getting Alaska cards
808traveler likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jfish1000
Anyone know if the Alaska Business card is still churnable?

Now that they made the changes in 2019 to end the personal card 2/3/4 rules and go to a 1 in 24 months, wondering if the business card can still be churned at any rate?
Have they really ended 2/3/4? Where did you see that?

2/3//4 was (is?) across all of BofA, so 1 in 24 specific to the Alaska personal card is not a replacement for 2/3/4. I would assume these two anti-churning policies stack (as well as others not explicitly documented also stacking).

2/3/4 would not matter if the only BofA personal cards you try to churn are Alaska, but would matter if you're also trying churn any other BofA cards at the same time. Each of their 24-month clocks would be independent, and so whether 2/3/4 still is in effect would matter a lot for those people.

Yes, the business card can still be churned at some rate, but it's not that simple. BofA makes many people jump through hoops (having to send in tax returns, opening CDs, etc) to get business cards (just because you got one in the past without going through such hoops does not at all guarantee that won't go through such hoops again; I got one business card a couple years ago with no hoops, but this time they want 2 years of tax returns from me, and how to get it to them was tricky since what they said they'd send they never sent).
84fiero and 808traveler like this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by concordian
SO applied for BoA Cash Rewards, Alaska Personal, Alaska Business cards on same day and got approved for all 3. She already has a Alaska personal card( second year now)
Did she get the bonus for the Alaska personal card with already having one open?
808traveler likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:22 am

Have they really ended 2/3/4? Where did you see that?
From the T&C's starting 1/1/19 I believe

"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period"
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From the T&C's starting 1/1/19 I believe

"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period"
2/3/4 was never in the T&Cs. So just because it's not in the T&Cs now doesn't mean it's not in effect now.

Not all anti-churning policies are found in T&Cs. (Chase's 5/24 isn't found in T&Cs either.)

And BofA has had multiple anti-churning policies simultaneously (stacking) for a couple years now.

So I don't understand why you think one anti-churning policy being mentioned in the T&Cs since 1/1/19 is any "proof" of them getting rid of other policies which were never in the card signup T&Cs.

Last edited by sdsearch; Apr 27, 2019 at 12:40 pm
Old May 1, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Question for the experts.

I applied for the Biz version, not understanding the 0/$0 suggestion and was sent into Pending and also sent a letter to verify my information. I ignored it. This was March 2019.

I've closed out the only Personal card I had, still have an open Biz card I opened last year.

Can I try to open another Personal card at this time or should I wait another month or so? Also, wait a couple months more before going for the Biz card with the 0/$0 suggestion this time?
Old May 1, 2019, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen
DP:

Approved with precertified mailer.

SO has had personal and closed 2 years ago. Has open business card. At LOL/24. Received letter with code inviting to apply (from alaska not from BOA).

Applied and auto approved for the 40k offer.
Interesting.

Last edited by GH83; Dec 6, 2019 at 6:11 am
Old May 8, 2019, 8:30 pm

23/24 personal cards 12/24 business cards
boa biz approved 3 months back
last BOA personal card May 22 2017
denied personal November 2018
denied personal today
800+ Fico
150k+ income

should I just give up on another personal Alaska card?

suggestions?
akr1970akr and ahhlun like this.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation declined for business card due to insufficient BUSINESS credit history???

Here's one I don't remember reading about here before:

I recently tried applying for an Alaska Business card (I had once before, and cancelled it about a year ago). First they asked me for 2 years of my taxes (they actually asked for more but then told me that the rest didn't need to be sent because of the nature of my business, and that it's just a stock list of requests ). But after I sent that, they notified me that I was declined due to insufficient business credit history! They said on the phone that they only saw 2 business cards from his year and 2 from ast year. Well, I had a Citi business card and an Amex business card opened circa 2015 (closed a year or two later), and currently have 2 business cards open from Chase, 1 from US Bank, and 1 from Amex, so this business credit bureau they used must only monitor certain banks and not others? Anyway, I've never heard of someone being denied at BofA (or anywhere else) for "too thin" a business credit history.

This just proves that they're constantly changing business card procedures at BofA, because they approved me without questions two or so years ago when I had much less business credit history.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:25 pm

Can't get approved for these cards anymore. Haven't had a BoA card in the past 24 months. Maybe they blacklisted me.
Old May 10, 2019, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
denied personal today
800+ Fico
150k+ income

suggestions?
I think you know the answer to your question. They don't care what your score is or your income. 35 new cards in 24 months? That's the reason. My suggestion? Forget about another BofA AS card.
akr1970akr, jinglish and RedSun like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
I think you know the answer to your question. They don't care what your score is or your income. 35 new cards in 24 months? That's the reason. My suggestion? Forget about another BofA AS card.
I don't know if we can come to the conclusion that 35 new cards in 24 months was the cause for the denial. OP didn't state why BofA denied the applications.

Would having a relationship with the bank help such as opening a checking/saving accounts?

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
denied personal today
800+ Fico
150k+ income

suggestions?
Did BofA state why you were denied?
Old May 10, 2019, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by robchow
I don't know if we can come to the conclusion that 35 new cards in 24 months was the cause for the denial. OP didn't state why BofA denied the applications.
There are several reports of BofA declining folks for "too many apps/new cards". A year or two ago this didn't seem to be an issue. Just MHO.

Last edited by philemer; May 10, 2019 at 7:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.