Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 7:54 pm

I had one personal card open for the last four months. Applied for the Business card and denied. Called reconsideration and still denied. CSR said I already have enough credit in my personal card. Actually I reduced the credit limit on my personal card from 15k to 5k two months before. Another reason was not enough business history. I also have a BOA checking account.
Old May 4, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
How fast do the companion certs usually take to post to the AS account?
Old May 5, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: Northwest, United
SM to reduce CL?

Can credit lines for AS BofA cards be reduced via SM?
And if so, is that true for both the personal and business versions?

Thanks.
Old May 5, 2017, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy

Thanks.
Sure if you can find SM
Old May 5, 2017, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nwflyboy

Thanks.
Please see post 299 above (two pages above if you're set to 15 posts per page).
Old May 5, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Thanks. I did scan back 2 pages (figures...), and didn't see anything, also didn't see it in the wiki. FWIW, I just ended up calling as I perceived the snarky response prior to yours hinted at that. Although there is an online "message center" but going through the hoops to send a message about a credit card yields a message that you do need to call. No biggie.

I thought this would be a reasonable thing to include in the wiki so I took the liberty of adding it.
Old May 5, 2017, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Updated the wiki to reflect phone only.
Old May 5, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I called in to expedite my alaska airlines personal card and was told there is a $15 fee for doing so. Are people normally charged that fee? Also when I was approved for the card the website gave me the card information and said I could put charges on the card while I wait for the card to arrive. I tried doing that and the transactions were declined and the CSR told me that I shouldn't have been given the credit card number before having the card and that I can't make charges until i have the physical card. 2 other reps had previously told me that I could make charges before getting the card. Not sure which is correct, but my charges have been getting declined.
Old May 6, 2017, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Superorb
Updated the wiki to reflect phone only.
I updated the wiki to add the most fundamental "new reality" churning info.
Old May 6, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Plat, AS 75K
Originally Posted by frudd38
How fast do the companion certs usually take to post to the AS account?
same question. I got my card approved yesterday and the card is showing up on my BoA account already. I need the cert to book a flight! :-)
Old May 6, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by beepyou
same question. I got my card approved yesterday and the card is showing up on my BoA account already. I need the cert to book a flight! :-)
My companion pass posted at the same time as the bonus. That is, once you complete minimum spend, it'll be the Sunday after the statement is generated, or possibly the Sunday after that.
Old May 7, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Bretmd
My companion pass posted at the same time as the bonus. That is, once you complete minimum spend, it'll be the Sunday after the statement is generated, or possibly the Sunday after that.
^ Statement closed Friday, email that it was ready last night, and miles/companion code are in my account today.

Unrelated: My wife canceled her card about two weeks ago to avoid the AF. Was too late and it already posted, along with the companion code. Called today to reopen the account since the AF was already charged. Rep couldn't do it (no surprise) so reapplied. Approved instantly, card limit was less than first but enough for Signature. She wasn't trying to churn it, just annoyed with the AF so credit limit wasn't reduced on the first card before closing.

Last edited by rustykettel; May 7, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Old May 8, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
One of the FAs actually said this in the announcement about the credit that that you can have three personal cards and avail the benefits of companion fare. I talked to him later and he said this was a new change. Has anyone heard about this? Does this change how we apply for AS cards? I got my second card three months ago and would love to get the third card as can easily use the companion fare.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by jediwho
One of the FAs actually said this in the announcement about the credit that that you can have three personal cards and avail the benefits of companion fare. I talked to him later and he said this was a new change. Has anyone heard about this? Does this change how we apply for AS cards? I got my second card three months ago and would love to get the third card as can easily use the companion fare.
Lately most people can't even get a 2nd card let alone 3.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA, Alaska, Hilton, Marriott
My recent experience:

Had one personal (10/3/16) and one business (1/17/17) card. Canceled my personal on 4/10/17. Had not read the new churning rules and did not lower my CL on the personal. However last week I did lower the business CL to $1k.

Applied last night for a new personal card and got the "pending" language. Just checked the website and found I was approved.

I am now at 17/24 (actually 17/17).

Thinking of canceling my business card soon, waiting a month, and applying again for that card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.