Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
As often as you want to get rejected. Ie, it's hard enough for many people to get approved for just one (without endless sending of documents, opening CDs, etc).

Or, if not that, as often as you want AS to shut all your accounts down. They've done that several times for people they thought were just churning, not earning AS miles any other way.
while i recall posts from folks (non-US residents?) who bought or transferred miles, i dont recall AS shutting down anyone for churning (which is prob near impossible to begin with given the difficulties with BoA approvals)
ppl with different businesses prob can apply for separate bus cards but i bet boa will ask for a lot of proof
Old Sep 29, 2020, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azepine00
i dont recall AS shutting down anyone for churning
Oh, yes, there were plenty of people shut down, at the very least between 2015 and 2017:

ALASKA is shutting down your accounts and taking away points! (DansDeals forum)

My account got shut down after getting the sign-up bonus? (Alaska Airlines forum on FT)

Like I said, it was for churning only and not earning AS miles in any other way. You could avoid that "death trap" by, for example, using MileagePlan Dining or MIleagePlan Shopping to have earnings post in between your churning bonuses, to where it no longer like all you were doing was churning.

But if Alaska Airlines showed nothing in your account except signup bonuses (and the spend miles associated with earning them) back to back to back, you had a sizable risk of being shut down.
808traveler likes this.

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 29, 2020 at 9:54 pm
Old Nov 8, 2020, 10:00 am

Offer Matching

Originally Posted by EtoileFilante
So now that I've got the card... I got another offer for 65k! Is there any chance BOA/Alaska would match the 65k offer? Obviously, 50k is pretty good, but I'd prefer the 65k if I can get it!

If they would match, how do I go about getting them to do it?

Thanks!
Any luck on this, or any other recent DPs?
Old Nov 9, 2020, 5:07 pm

Alaska Biz

DP -Alaska Biz app: Denied, but approved after recon. Had to move over credit from an existing card. Also have biz checking.

Also applied last year, but no biz checking at that time. Was asked for biz docs and tax returns and supplied biz docs but no tax returns. Denied.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: AA, UA.
Originally Posted by pgary
It was there at the time of my post. Since disappeared.

I fixed the wiki.
Look like this disappeared again !!
I login my account and try to book a flight and got this offerEXCLUSIVE ONLINE OFFER!
$200 STATEMENT CREDIT + 30,000 BONUS MILES
Plus, Alaska's Famous Companion Fare Offer from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from just $22). To qualify, make purchases of $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of opening your account.

https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...mer/#/welcome/
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:30 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Bank of America looks to still be in the giving mood this holiday season. Just instantly approved for an $11k limit. Previous Alaska card was closed November 2018. Was debating between this card and KLM/Air France. Need the Alaska bonus to top off my account for a CX biz award so FlyingBlue can wait a bit.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat
I product changed my Alaska Visa Card to a BoA Cash Rewards card exactly 24 months ago. Now I would like to apply for another Alaska Visa. For purposes of the 24 month rule, does anyone know whether BoA will consider the Cash Rewards card to be an Alaska Visa? I am a bit concerned as the Cash Rewards card payment page still refers to the card as an Alaska Visa card.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Paul5795
I product changed my Alaska Visa Card to a BoA Cash Rewards card exactly 24 months ago. Now I would like to apply for another Alaska Visa. For purposes of the 24 month rule, does anyone know whether BoA will consider the Cash Rewards card to be an Alaska Visa? I am a bit concerned as the Cash Rewards card payment page still refers to the card as an Alaska Visa card.
I would just apply. They are different cards. Worst they can do is say no.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 9:00 am
Suspended

Hi,

my annual fee hit on Oct 31st, and I totally missed it. I want to close my current Alaska card, any idea whether they would refund my annual fee at this point?

Thanks
Old Dec 21, 2020, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by i_travel_for_work
Hi,

my annual fee hit on Oct 31st, and I totally missed it. I want to close my current Alaska card, any idea whether they would refund my annual fee at this point?

Thanks
Not sure but please call and find out and then let us know.

The annual Companion Fare cert is of no value to you?
Old Dec 21, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat
I have a question about shifting credit limits on Bank of America Credit Cards.

I had a previous BofA Alaska Visa Card, which I product changed to a Cash Rewards card awhile back. Going into last week, this was the only active BofA card I had open. On Thursday, and in preparation for applying for a BofA Virgin Atlantic Card, I called BofA and asked them to reduce my credit limit on the Cash Rewards card from $10k down to $7k. I have done this before with cards from other banks to free up credit for the new application. Then yesterday (Saturday), I applied for the BofA Virgin card and was approved immediately, but with a credit line of only $4800. OK, that surprised me a bit. But the real surprise was that BofA had also reduced my Cash Rewards credit limit down from $7k to only $2,200. So they have divided the $7k between the old card and the new card. That was definitely not the outcome I wanted. Anyone else have an experience like this with BofA credit cards? Did I not wait long enough between asking to reduce the credit limit on the first card and applying for the second card? I am thinking of calling them and asking them to raise the credit limit to $5k or $6k on both cards. My income level should definitely support higher limits on both cards.

Thanks for any insight.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 8:52 am
Suspended

I called and they were not able to refund my annual fee after 45 days.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

50k offer for 2k spend on AS website now
Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azepine00
50k offer for 2k spend on AS website now
Great deal for those that haven't had the card in the last 24 months. Includes the Companion Pass.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 11:48 am

Does anyone hav any experience with the 24 month rule (personal)?

Will they approve you if you've had the card within 24 months? Will you get the bonus if you're approved? The last thing I want is to reset the 24 months with an approval only not to get the bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.