Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantagebonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Old Dec 15, 2016, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond

https://home.barclaycardus.com/cards...astercard.html

Earn 40,000 bonus miles
when you make your first purchase in the first 90 days and pay the annual fee2
Old Dec 15, 2016, 8:24 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Earlier than expected:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...in-2017-a.html
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Applied and approved
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Interesting. I thought Barclaycard would only be accepting applications in airports and on-board American flights. I already have the Red card, but this is a compelling signup bonus compared to the Citi card. Glad to see some competition.

P.S. - My Red card is a regular "World" MasterCard. I wonder if it can be upgraded to World Elite like the one being advertised now?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by ryanmcv
Interesting. I thought Barclaycard would only be accepting applications in airports and on-board American flights. I already have the Red card, but this is a compelling signup bonus compared to the Citi card. Glad to see some competition.

P.S. - My Red card is a regular "World" MasterCard. I wonder if it can be upgraded to World Elite like the one being advertised now?
I got the Red Card World Elite by upgrading to Silver for a year, and when the annual fee hit, downgrading back to the Red Card to avoid paying the annual fee but keeping the EQMs.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA Miles+, AAdvantage, Skymiles
Here is the offer fine print: First Purchase AAdvantage Bonus Miles
The primary cardmember will earn forty thousand (40,000) AAdvantage bonus miles after a first purchase is made on the Account within ninety (90) days of Account opening and the annual fee has been paid. This one-time AAdvantage bonus mileage offer is valid for first-time cardmembers with new accounts only. Existing cardmembers, existing accounts, and previous cardmember with accounts closed in the past 24 months may not be eligible for this offer.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Applied, waiting for Barclays to call, asking whether I will move credit from another card so they can approve me. Will ask them to close a Juniper Visa card I never use and transfer the credit line to Aviator.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HansDKNY
The primary cardmember will earn forty thousand (40,000) AAdvantage bonus miles after a first purchase is made on the Account within ninety (90) days of Account opening and the annual fee has been paid. This one-time AAdvantage bonus mileage offer is valid for first-time cardmembers with new accounts only. Existing cardmembers, existing accounts, and previous cardmember with accounts closed in the past 24 months may not be eligible for this offer.
Emphasis mine. The word "may" means we don't know how Barclays will interpret people who still have classic Aviators. Their statement is very vague.

Part of me is inclined to throw in an app and see what happens. Barclays is the only bank that pulls TU for me and I have all of 1 hard pull on that file, so a wasted hard pull on TU isn't that big of a deal.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by HansDKNY

The 24 month language sees to indicate people who acquired the Aviator card via the Us Air Merger will be able to get the card again.

Barclay having that language on any card concerns me , maybe the churning days are ending at Barclay also.

Since I don't need AA miles I think I'll wait for a better offer, if they are giving 40K miles for first purchase I expect at least 50K for some spend an maybe the AF waived

Last edited by flyer4512; Dec 15, 2016 at 8:26 pm
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Miles+, AAdvantage, Skymiles
Originally Posted by flyer4512
The 24 month language sees to indicate people who acquired the Aviator card via the Us Air Merger will be able to get the card again.

Barclay having that language on any card concerns me , maybe the churning days may be ending at Barclay also.

Since I don't need AA miles I think I'll wait for a better offer, if they are giving 40K miles for first purchase I expect at least 50K for some spend an maybe the AF waived
Yes, thus far most Barclays CRs and BoA don't have any 24 month rule....Let's see how long that last. I'll probably wait for a 50K offer to come up if the 24 month rule on the Aviator card is really being enforced now.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: AA is all for now.
Clearly im a little early...

A little early to the game here obviously...
Its a "world" card, and this one is "world elite"
Does that make it a different product?
We'd love some datapoints on whether or not current aviator red cardholders will receive the bonus.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Curiously the terms state those with accounts closed in the past 24 months are ineligible. I closed one of my Aviator cards in April (no retention offers) so I'm out of the running on this one for quite a while.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:44 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Curiously the terms state those with accounts closed in the past 24 months are ineligible....
Citi's terms are very similar, except Citi does not exclude current cardholders:

American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles are not available if you have had any Citi / AAdvantage card (other than a CitiBusiness / AAdvantage card) opened or closed in the past 24 months.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Curiously the terms state those with accounts closed in the past 24 months are ineligible. I closed one of my Aviator cards in April (no retention offers) so I'm out of the running on this one for quite a while.
I closed my Aviator 12/26/2015 which means I have to wait a bit over a year.

If everything at Chase stays the same I go card free for 2018/2019 and my wife starts getting cards as she will be 1/24 in November 2017.

I will probably grab an Aviator in early 2018 before I go card free.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:44 am

I have a existing red card by US Airways Merger, Can I downgrade to a no annual fee card and re-apply for this one?

Barclay having that language on any card concerns me , maybe the churning days are ending at Barclay also.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.