Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantagebonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: AS 100K
regarding getting back the 10% of the miles redeemed...for this to happen, do you need to pay the taxes on the award with this card or just have the card open when you redeem an award?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
regarding getting back the 10% of the miles redeemed...for this to happen, do you need to pay the taxes on the award with this card or just have the card open when you redeem an award?
Payment method does not matter. Simply holding the card qualifies you for the benefit.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Delete

Last edited by anngi; Oct 27, 2017 at 4:58 am Reason: To Delete
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
dead

Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName
Not sure if there's a separate thread but looks like Barclays is offering a 40,000 point sign-up bonus for the business version of this card: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...3&cellNumber=4

Guess I'll hold off in hopes they bump it to 60,000 considering that's what they did with the personal.
looks like they killed the offer
Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by milesforhire
looks like they killed the offer
well this sucks!
Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:13 am

here is a new data point:
  • Aviator opened 12/27/2016-closed 9/1/2017
  • new Avaitor approved 10/28/2017 (instant approval)

so if you close your current avaitor ahead of time, you can still get approved, (P.S. i always keep one barclay card open)
TravelMutt likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName
Not sure if there's a separate thread but looks like Barclays is offering a 40,000 point sign-up bonus for the business version of this card: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...3&cellNumber=4

Guess I'll hold off in hopes they bump it to 60,000 considering that's what they did with the personal.
Sad trombone...

Thank you for your interest in a AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard.
Unfortunately, this offer has expired.
We apologize for this inconvenience.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Sad trombone...
Just to clarify: We have no idea if Barclay intended for this link to be available to anyone beyond test marketing perhaps. If you look at the reddit post that announced it, it was generated by someone randomly trying different combinations of 4 digit campaignID numbers and 1 (?) digit cell numbers. But that's a very long search to find every possible link of that form. (It's way longer than trying awayN and travelN and milesN and flyN -- where N was a single digit -- at citi.com for Citi AA card links.)

What we really need to do is find out the format that Barclay uses for links in print ads (such as American Way / Celebrated Living magazines onboard). Do they really use 4-digit campaign ID numbers plus cell numbers? Or do they use something easier to remember (a la Citi)?

Citi originated that pattern of using travelN and milesN and flyN and awayN for the purpose of using them in print ads, including back when they Cit was the ones putting print ads in magazines onboard AA planes. But now Barclay is the one doing those onboard print ads (and maybe some display ads in airports too?).
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:07 am

Closed my converted US card about two weeks ago to avoid any instant denial for having the product already.

Applied again today for the 60k offer and got instantly approved. ^
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:07 pm

DP...Closed my Aviator on 9/26/2017 ( had card less than a year) and applied again today, Instant Approval
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:06 pm

Currently have the original usairways legacy 10k anniversary and tried to recon twice so far to get the 2nd card approved...

Last DP was about 2 weeks ago. Not sure why I'm facing a road block. Any tips / suggestions?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by FPmiles
Currently have the original usairways legacy 10k anniversary and tried to recon twice so far to get the 2nd card approved...

Last DP was about 2 weeks ago. Not sure why I'm facing a road block. Any tips / suggestions?
No luck here. Had the card for a long time. Decided to cancel it so I can apply again in a week. Based on my previous experiences with Barclays Wyndham/arrival cards, you can churn it every 3-6 month per card type, without paying the annual fee.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 1:20 pm

Instantly approved today for Barclays AAdvantage Aviator World Elite Mastercard with credit line of 20K.

Surprised I got approved given that this was now the 7th credit card I've applied for since February 2017. This was also the second Barclays card, the first was a Wyndham Rewards no annual fee one that I was approved for in early July 2017.

The most recent card I had applied for was an IHG Mastercard a couple days after applying for the Wyndham one.

I should also mention that since September I had been using the Wyndham card aggressively for just about all my purchases, in an attempt to kiss Barclays' ... as I had read that your odds of getting approved for a second Barclays card increase if you're actively using the one you have.

Last edited by VH Fan; Nov 4, 2017 at 1:32 pm
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:10 pm

My wife would like to apply for Aviator with the 60k offer that expired Nov 30.
The problem is that she is currently having Aviator open and waiting for some miles to post. Dose anyone know when will be the last dat day to close the old account? how many days you need to wait to apply for the new card after you closed the old one?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by Belllaaa
My wife would like to apply for Aviator with the 60k offer that expired Nov 30.
The problem is that she is currently having Aviator open and waiting for some miles to post. Dose anyone know when will be the last dat day to close the old account? how many days you need to wait to apply for the new card after you closed the old one?
one week between cancel and reapply should be more than enough

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.