Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Just got a letter saying that we're losing the 10k anniversary bonus and the 10 percent. Likely will call to try to get a retention offer and if not the account gets closed after I get my final bonus as I don't fly AA much anymore.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by stockmanjr
Just got a letter saying that we're losing the 10k anniversary bonus and the 10 percent. Likely will call to try to get a retention offer and if not the account gets closed after I get my final bonus as I don't fly AA much anymore.
Same here. I also have a Citi AA card with $50 AF. Without retention offer that one will go, too (or get downgraded to MileUp).
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Applied online 4 days ago, it went to a pending status.

My credit report is frozen so I called one of the recon lines up in the Wiki and got a human right away. Nice to be able to reach someone without going through IVR hell these days.

Guy said they pull Transunion so he suggested I lift the freeze there and call back in about 15 minutes.

Did so, called back and they did a hard pull (asked for permission to do so) and approved with $25k CL.

They said 7-10 business days, though I'm out West so maybe on the longer end of it. I guess if you want them to express it out to you, you have to pay $15 during the application process.

Anyways, Transunion is what they pull at least for Northern Californian applicants.

The call center I think said they were in SC.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:46 pm

I got the 10k anniversary bonus early FEB 2019. AF charged on 02/28. Will I get the anniversary bonus in FEB 2020 if I pay this AF and keep the card?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium
I doubt it. My letter reads:
"10% redeemed miles back will be discontinued, effective May 1, 2019"
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Dedicated
I doubt it. My letter reads:
"10% redeemed miles back will be discontinued, effective May 1, 2019"
The question by Blueskyheaven was about the 10K anniversary bonus, not the 10% award credit (capped at 10K points), as far as I understand. Not everyone's getting the 10K anniversary bonus; it's a legacy feature of old US Airways cards.

My letter said:

- ​​​​​​10% redeemed miles back will be discontinued, effective May 1, 2019
- Annual mileage bonus 10,000 anniversary bonus miles will be discontinued effective May 1, 2019
You will receive your last 10,000 AAdvantage® anniversary bonus miles in your next anniversary month after May 1, 2019
I received my most recent bonus in early February as well, and the AF posted end of Feb. The way I interpret the message I will receive one more bonus next year February. (and I will afterwards cancel my card)
soartoday likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
The question by Blueskyheaven was about the 10K anniversary bonus, not the 10% award credit (capped at 10K points), as far as I understand. Not everyone's getting the 10K anniversary bonus; it's a legacy feature of old US Airways cards.

My letter said:

I received my most recent bonus in early February as well, and the AF posted end of Feb. The way I interpret the message I will receive one more bonus next year February. (and I will afterwards cancel my card)
Same here.
So i am keeping it another year.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
My annual fee should bill in April so based on my interpretation (and what others have said above) I assume I will get the 10k in April 2019 for this renewal and then one last time in April 2020 for that renewal (since it would be my "next anniversary month AFTER May 1, 2019!"). After that I will be done!
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Just got off the phone and complained about losing the 10% miles back. They offered 2500 miles and spend 1000 dollars a month for 3 months and get a 100 statement credit. I took the offer.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:51 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by shanna135
Just got off the phone and complained about losing the 10% miles back. They offered 2500 miles and spend 1000 dollars a month for 3 months and get a 100 statement credit. I took the offer.
Was this at your renewal period, or did Barclay throw you a bone mid-term?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
I had renewed the card about a month ago. Was offered no retention bonus but renewed. I was upset about the recent announcement about the changes of benefits and complained was offered the 2500 miles and the spend offer to keep the card.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:18 am

I might try to get a retention offer as well. Have not had a chance to use the 10% rebate offer, but the AF increase is sad (makes it more than the Citi card?) and the $25 wifi credit isn't much use when you have to redeem in-flight (when the price is often higher than buying in advance of departure). The flip side is, with the higher bag fee, the AF still nearly pays for itself after one round trip flight when you value the better boarding status at something like Southwest charges ($15-20).
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:42 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MASTERNC
....AF increase is sad (makes it more than the Citi card?) ....
Barclays is matching Citi's increase on the AAdvantage Platinum card which is already $99.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:44 am

Got my Aviator Red card on March 5th. Kept looking up my account online since then (including today), and haven't seen the $95 AF on it yet or the 60k bonus, just the few charges I made on it, & the expedited card fee. Guessing that both should hopefully appear at the end of this month's first billing statement or next month's? Have read that people on here have seen their AF come up right away. Wanted to take advantage of that 60k bonus offer to buy a business class ticket to Europe this summer, & also to get future miles benefits...
karenkay likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nyc79
Got my Aviator Red card on March 5th. Kept looking up my account online since then (including today), and haven't seen the $95 AF on it yet or the 60k bonus, just the few charges I made on it, & the expedited card fee. Guessing that both should hopefully appear at the end of this month's first billing statement or next month's? Have read that people on here have seen their AF come up right away. Wanted to take advantage of that 60k bonus offer to buy a business class ticket to Europe this summer, & also to get future miles benefits...
Welcome to (posting on) FlyerTalk, nyc79.

I presume you've made your "first purchase" already? You didn't mention that, as far as I can see. The "first purchase" is a necessary requirement for getting the 60k, it's not a necessary requirement for getting billed the $95 AF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.