Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by asdf098
Any data points on approval and bonus for current holders of the card? I have one that was opened in 2015 as a US airways card and subsequently converted to Aviator red. Well over 24 months since opened / never closed, but not clear to me what's happening if you have a current account.
I was in a similar boat: US Air Card > AA Red > AA Silver. Then applied for a new AA Red and was approved. Not sure about current AA red applying for a 2nd AA red. Some reports are saying approved, others are not.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
So have people who've taken advantage of this welcome offer recently prefer it to the Citi AAdvantage cards offers?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:50 pm

Major devaluation of the Aviator Red, including loss of 10% award rebate: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/barcl...being-removed/
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by beltway
Major devaluation of the Aviator Red, including loss of 10% award rebate: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/barcl...being-removed/
will they up the 60k sign in bonus then?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 1:06 am

A week ago I filled this out on the plane, and never heard anything. So tonight I did it online and was instantly approved. I wonder what happens to all my personal info that is on that paper now. 60k just enough to renew my admirals club. What a deal.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: All of them
Anyone know how long the Barclay bans are? I got banished in Fall of 17 for MSing the A+ hard core, all accounts shut down. I wonder if after 24mo they forget about it.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:51 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by beltway
I'm already lamenting this as it was a favorite enhancement of mine.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Anyone know how long the Barclay bans are? I got banished in Fall of 17 for MSing the A+ hard core, all accounts shut down. I wonder if after 24mo they forget about it.
Apply, all they can say us NO,

Computers never forget.,
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Updated Wiki RE loss of 10% rebate.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I called to cancel the Aviator last night as the mileage rebate was the only thing keeping it in my sock drawer and I was nearing the end of the 60 day annual fee refund window. No options to convert to a non-AA product but was told another no fee AA option would be added March 15 if I wanted to wait. I opted to Marie Kondo Barclay out of my financial life.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Anyone know which credit bureaus they pull?

I have my credit report locked at the 3 bureaus so I would have to temporarily lift for them to complete my app.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wco81
Anyone know which credit bureaus they pull?

I have my credit report locked at the 3 bureaus so I would have to temporarily lift for them to complete my app.
As with all banks, where they pull is primarily based on where you live. So no one here can answer for you for sure (unless they live very close to you).

All I can say is that for me in SoCal, they pull TU. But I don't know if that's the case for all of California.

Have you applied for any Barclay card before? If so, chances are they'd use the same bureau for you as they did before.

But if not, you have to search online for info on which bureau which banks pulls by state (and it may even more finely detailed than on a whole state basis sometimes).
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:00 pm

I just cancelled my red card ( converted from old us airways). how long should I wait to apply again? wiki said I am excluded from 24 months since its convert from old us airways card. anyone has same experience??? thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by soartoday
Great. Well I hooe the 10k annual miles train keeps on rolling
My other half just got the letter about the changes - 10K are gone after this year renewal.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:09 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Hopefully I didn't miss this searching, but I was approved for Barclay Aviator biz this morning. Do I need to wait before applying for personal card or does biz card not impact personal apps?

Last edited by bigshooter; Mar 5, 2019 at 9:30 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.