Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soartoday
Does anyone know if the legacy card will continuing giving 10k anniversary bonus miles? I received it in 2018, wondering if it will continue.
Hard to say for sure because there is an AA Aviator Red benefits revamp coming in another month or so (one rep gave me a Mar 1 date, not sure if that's the date they would kick or just be announced).

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
It is still listed as a benefit when i looked on my account.
I would recommend re-checking that periodically, especially after any benefits revamp that may come soon.
soartoday likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Odds of approval and receiving the 60K bonus

I was approved for this card ~2 yrs ago & received the bonus.
~1 yr ago I did a PC to the no-fee card.

What are the odds of me receiving the approval and the bonus again? How strict have they been re: former holders of this card?

Barclay says this on the T&C pages: You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this Program. In addition, you may not be eligible for this offer if, at any time during our relationship with you as the issuer of an account in this Program, we have cause, as determined by us in our sole discretion, to suspect that the account is being obtained or will be used for abusive or gaming activity (such as, but not limited to, obtaining or using the account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings). If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit or income criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your current obligations, we will not be able to open an account for you. Please review the materials provided with your card for details.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
I was approved for this card ~2 yrs ago & received the bonus.
~1 yr ago I did a PC to the no-fee card.

What are the odds of me receiving the approval and the bonus again? How strict have they been re: former holders of this card?

Barclay says this on the T&C pages: You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this Program. In addition, you may not be eligible for this offer if, at any time during our relationship with you as the issuer of an account in this Program, we have cause, as determined by us in our sole discretion, to suspect that the account is being obtained or will be used for abusive or gaming activity (such as, but not limited to, obtaining or using the account to maximize rewards earned in a manner that is not consistent with typical consumer activity and/or multiple credit card account applications/openings). If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit or income criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your current obligations, we will not be able to open an account for you. Please review the materials provided with your card for details.
Whoa, this language is way more restrictive than it was before. In previous offers it was just saying you couldn't get the card if you've had one in the last 24 months. Now this is an Amex-like once lifetime bonus. I've been waiting 2 years since I closed my last one to open up a new one, and the 60K offer that came out today was gonna be it.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:08 pm

I just checked and these are the terms:

The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a first purchase is made on the Account within ninety (90) days of Account opening and the annual fee has been paid. This one-time AAdvantage® bonus mileage offer is valid for first-time cardmembers with new accounts only. Existing cardmembers, existing accounts, and previous cardmembers with accounts closed in the past 24 months may not be eligible for this offer. This is a limited- time offer and may be cancelled at any time without notice. Please allow 4-6 weeks for AAdvantage® bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account after the qualifying purchase has posted and your annual fee has been paid.

So it is the same as before. In my experience, they definitely did deny me a card when it had been less than 24 months, even though it says "may not be eligible".
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm so over Barclay's crap. Have never had trouble getting approved by amex/bofa/chase for similar type cards, but was denied the first time I tried to get the aviator red last year. Tried again today and got the "10 day no immediate approval" message.

Should I call recon now or wait for the final decision? Seeing very different opinions on this online.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
I just checked and these are the terms:

The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a first purchase is made on the Account within ninety (90) days of Account opening and the annual fee has been paid. This one-time AAdvantage® bonus mileage offer is valid for first-time cardmembers with new accounts only. Existing cardmembers, existing accounts, and previous cardmembers with accounts closed in the past 24 months may not be eligible for this offer. This is a limited- time offer and may be cancelled at any time without notice. Please allow 4-6 weeks for AAdvantage® bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account after the qualifying purchase has posted and your annual fee has been paid.

So it is the same as before. In my experience, they definitely did deny me a card when it had been less than 24 months, even though it says "may not be eligible".
Can you post a link to the page that shows the 24 months language? I don't see it. Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zeer0
I'm so over Barclay's crap. Have never had trouble getting approved by amex/bofa/chase for similar type cards, but was denied the first time I tried to get the aviator red last year. Tried again today and got the "10 day no immediate approval" message.

Should I call recon now or wait for the final decision? Seeing very different opinions on this online.
Same here, I've complained about them for years. They appear to be overly sensitive to # of inquiries. I'm not sure what the magic number is but it's almost as if I can't apply for anything for 12 months.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kapooncha
Same here, I've complained about them for years. They appear to be overly sensitive to # of inquiries. I'm not sure what the magic number is but it's almost as if I can't apply for anything for 12 months.
I talked to recon. They want me to send by MAIL a copy of my SS, DL, and a utility bill or bank statement. Sounds a little ridiculous.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by zeer0
....send by MAIL a copy of my SS, DL, and a utility bill or bank statement. ....
Standard procedure at Barclays when they cannot verify identity. See HERE a report from 2012.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:25 am

Can you post a link to the page that shows the 24 months language? I don't see it. Thanks.
It's on the splash page for the card, under the FAQ "How many bonus miles will I earn for activating and using the card in the first 90 days?"
https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...te-mastercard/
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's on the splash page for the card, under the FAQ "How many bonus miles will I earn for activating and using the card in the first 90 days?"
https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...te-mastercard/
Thanks. Going to be a crap shoot for many of us. ^
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:34 pm

Thanks. Going to be a crap shoot for many of us. ^
Yep, I tried last night. I was denied immediately. Called recon to see what's up and they said that even though I met the 24 month terms, due to the fact that I had "many inquiries in the last year", they denied me. I've opened 8 cards in the last 12 months. Whatever, back to Citi mailers.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep, I tried last night. I was denied immediately. Called recon to see what's up and they said that even though I met the 24 month terms, due to the fact that I had "many inquiries in the last year", they denied me. I've opened 8 cards in the last 12 months. Whatever, back to Citi mailers.
Darn. I've tried most of the suggestions in the CITI thread and have yet to see a mailer.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Hard to say for sure because there is an AA Aviator Red benefits revamp coming in another month or so (one rep gave me a Mar 1 date, not sure if that's the date they would kick or just be announced).

I would recommend re-checking that periodically, especially after any benefits revamp that may come soon.
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
No reason why it shouldn’t.
It is still listed as a benefit when i looked on my account.
I got the letter in mail reminding me about annual fee and the benefits that come with the card. The anniversary miles do not appear.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by soartoday
I got the letter in mail reminding me about annual fee and the benefits that come with the card. The anniversary miles do not appear.
I received that letter in November and thought uh oh no more anniversary miles. But the miles did indeeed post in my account.
By the way, the annual anniversary miles are still listed as a benefit when I checked a few days ago.

Last edited by mia; Feb 1, 2019 at 9:02 am Reason: Remove quoted image

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.