Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigshooter
Does anyone keep the Barclay Aviator card around just for chip & pin + no FTF? I use Citi for my AA miles earning (lots of restaurant and gas spend), but tend to get new cards every year to avoid AF. I have kept the Barclays as a backup card (in case I have some issues with my Chase card I use primarily overseas) and for chip/pin functionality.

Now that this thing is hard to churn, should I just eat the AF as cost of having the card as a backup?
That's the main reason I keep mine. But, you may not need to eat the AF:

Barclays retention offers (all cards)
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:57 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by sdsearch
That's the main reason I keep mine. But, you may not need to eat the AF:

Barclays retention offers (all cards)
I actually just realized my card would be renewing this month so I called in to see what they could do to alleviate or waive the fee. No dice, no spending offer. Decided to close it and hope I can get past the chip + pin requirements or just carry more cash next time I'm in europe.

They didn't seem too interested in losing me as a customer. The rep actually stated Barclays was good with losing me as a customer when I said I'd rather close than downgrade... lol.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I actually just realized my card would be renewing this month so I called in to see what they could do to alleviate or waive the fee. No dice, no spending offer. Decided to close it and hope I can get past the chip + pin requirements or just carry more cash next time I'm in europe.
Maybe you should have asked if you could downgrade to the no-fee version? Whatever it earns, it presumably still does chip & pin the same way.

In many places in Europe, not having chip & pin means you can't use automated kiosks (if they don't accept cash) and may have to stand in long lines for human ticket sellers.

At at some unmanned gas stations in some countries (away from cities, on weekends and/or at night), you may not have any option to buy gas at all if you don't have chip & pin. So don't get anywhere close to running out of gas!
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Does anyone keep the Barclay Aviator card around just for chip & pin + no FTF? I use Citi for my AA miles earning (lots of restaurant and gas spend), but tend to get new cards every year to avoid AF. I have kept the Barclays as a backup card (in case I have some issues with my Chase card I use primarily overseas) and for chip/pin functionality.

Now that this thing is hard to churn, should I just eat the AF as cost of having the card as a backup?
I say yes !!!!!!! because I do not like Citi They cheated me out of BIG money several years ago..........
They clawed back rewards (non AA) and shut my account

However...... If you are only interested in barclays chip and pin, then get the arrival plus card and downgrade later on to no AF standard version, or better yet you might like the Barclays Uber card 4% at Restaurants no AF or FTF and chip and pin works the same way across ALL Barclays cards to my knowledge......So, You Do not specifically need barclays AA card if all you want is chip and pin

PS

Almost forgot, you can also ask to downgrade your Red AA card to "standard " base level aviator card ....not advertized much ..... it has no AF but might have FTF I'm not too sure
Old Oct 9, 2018, 11:02 am
Suspended

AA Barclays Aviator Sign-up Bonus Question

Hello,

Just got the AA Aviator Card by Barclays about a week ago. I made my first purchase. How long has it been taking for the bonus to post to your AA Account? Are they typically posted at the close of the statement period in which the spend requirement is met?

Thanks!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by cslovacek
Hello,

Just got the AA Aviator Card by Barclays about a week ago. I made my first purchase. How long has it been taking for the bonus to post to your AA Account? Are they typically posted at the close of the statement period in which the spend requirement is met?

Thanks!
yes Make sure you prepay the Annual fee of $95 just to be safe, as payment of AF is one of the conditions to get Sign up bonus
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:46 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Maybe you should have asked if you could downgrade to the no-fee version? Whatever it earns, it presumably still does chip & pin the same way.

In many places in Europe, not having chip & pin means you can't use automated kiosks (if they don't accept cash) and may have to stand in long lines for human ticket sellers.

At at some unmanned gas stations in some countries (away from cities, on weekends and/or at night), you may not have any option to buy gas at all if you don't have chip & pin. So don't get anywhere close to running out of gas!
The no fee card has a FTF. I will probably look at another option for chip/pin.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
yes Make sure you prepay the Annual fee of $95 just to be safe, as payment of AF is one of the conditions to get Sign up bonus

Thank you. I made a $5 purchase on my card and my wife's so that when added to the annual fee, it's a flat $100.00. I've got payments set up for this upcoming Monday, which should be before the first statement even closes.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
DP - Applied and insta-approved with 60K bonus on first purchase and AF paid. First purchase made. Very low limit ($2,500) compared to my other Barclays card (B6 standard card, $6,000 limit) but it has all the language for the miles.
Miles hit today after 6 weeks.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:11 am

We were in Monaco a few years ago. We needed train tickets back to Nice, which was only a few euros each. But there was no one there to sell them. Only a kiosk which only took a cc with a pin, or euro coins. We had euro bills, but those didn't work, and there was absolutely no one to ask for help. The train was due in a few minutes, and we had to either walk back into town and get some coins, or get on the train without a ticket. We took the train, intending to ask the conductor to sell us tickets, but the train was so over full no one ever tried to check, so we rode for free, but sweated it out that we could have gotten a $50 euro fine.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:19 am

I received my second statement today, the one that records that the annual fee has been paid. But the 60,000 bonus did not post. When should I expect that? Would it be in-between statements, or does it normally take until the subsequent statement, which in this case would be the third since the card was issued?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
My wife currently has an AA personal card from Barclays but when she logged in a few minutes ago got a pop up inviting her to apply for one. Is this a sign she could get another one while having one open?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by Reindeerflame
I received my second statement today, the one that records that the annual fee has been paid. But the 60,000 bonus did not post. When should I expect that? Would it be in-between statements, or does it normally take until the subsequent statement, which in this case would be the third since the card was issued?
It took 6 weeks from date of AF payment for me. I believe it was in the middle of my third billing period.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:12 pm

Hey guys. Does defaulting on AA AAdvantage (Aviator) by Barclays card result in loss of miles accrued?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 3:59 pm

60,000 miles post

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
It took 6 weeks from date of AF payment for me. I believe it was in the middle of my third billing period.
Thanks. I checked today, just a couple of days after receiving my new statement that shows the annual fee as paid, and the 60,000 mile bonus has posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.